scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
That is strange as the sub should not affect the rest. Did your installer check all the levels and fader to make sure nothing changed.
Well I don't think so. The fader has always been in the middle pre and post install. The bass is flat at 0 and the treble is between mid and all the way up. The surround sound mode WAS the best and loudest sound, stock. Surround now is almost useless somehow (compared to stereo). I had to switch to stereo to get some mid and highs back. Its not terrible but it is noticeable hence me using 20 vs the 15 that I mainly had it at before. I will get used to it but I was just wondering if a plug or connector was inadvertently unplugged...ie a simple fix.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Being a researcher, I have to say that something changed, other than adding the subwoofer via the stock subwoofer wires. Was ForScan used or any other type of tuning conducted? Are you using the same music source? Did you listen to CDs before, if you did; put one in that you are familiar with and see how it sounds. Are you playing from your phone, make sure the phones media volume is turned all the way up. I'm just throwing out things that come to mind.

Well I don't think so. The fader has always been in the middle pre and post install. The bass is flat at 0 and the treble is between mid and all the way up. The surround sound mode WAS the best and loudest sound, stock. Surround now is almost useless somehow (compared to stereo). I had to switch to stereo to get some mid and highs back. Its not terrible but it is noticeable hence me using 20 vs the 15 that I mainly had it at before. I will get used to it but I was just wondering if a plug or connector was inadvertently unplugged...ie a simple fix.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wish you was near me in Ohio, id do my best to straighten out your install. no one puts as much time and effort to make it as good as possible than ourselves, thats a fact. it may be working, but idk. something about knowing exactly how somethings installed gives you the ability to fine tune things how you like it. not saying they didn't try, but somethings wonky with what you are explaining.

the subwoofer should have zero impact on the rest of the systems draw. you should be able to unplug it, or replug it, and the music volumes should all the same.

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Being a researcher, I have to say that something changed, other than adding the subwoofer via the stock subwoofer wires. Was ForScan used or any other type of tuning conducted? Are you using the same music source? Did you listen to CDs before, if you did; put one in that you are familiar with and see how it sounds. Are you playing from your phone, make sure the phones media volume is turned all the way up. I'm just throwing out things that come to mind.
Forscan was not used. XM radio and Bluetooth from my phone are what I use. same as before. Something changed...like I said before, I went through 3 different installers. What would forscan do? Not familiar with that.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
ForScan to do too many things to name, to include making changes to your audio system, but since it wasn't used, it out of the question. Did you check your phone settings, especially ensuring the media output volume in set to max? I can say that when I play local radio staations, they tend to play a lot louder than the music I am streaming from Spotify or XM. Of course that is because of the source and not dependant on how the system is set up. The fact that even your surround sound mode doesn't appear to be working anymore, has me wondering.

Forscan was not used. XM radio and Bluetooth from my phone are what I use. same as before. Something changed...like I said before, I went through 3 different installers. What would forscan do? Not familiar with that.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Well sometimes you have to improvise for the short term. The rear shelf rattle was unbearable in my car so i wedged a sock between window and package tray. 95% fixed. Researching shows to dynamat the area really well, even double, seal it up, and possibly sometime of weather striping at edge where it touches window. I am up for suggestions, remember my bass is at miniscule levels right now so once i get the subs/gain figured out its just going to get worse. Not sure of the exact model but mens large sock works pretty well. :like:

sock.jpg
@protraxduner what was your final solution to the rear shelf rattle? I have the same problem now. I think I want to remove the shelf and add a strip of thick foam along the rear edge to compress against the glass. Is it easy to remove the shelf without taking the side panels off?

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
@protraxduner what was your final solution to the rear shelf rattle? I have the same problem now. I think I want to remove the shelf and add a strip of thick foam along the rear edge to compress against the glass. Is it easy to remove the shelf without taking the side panels off?
I bought some edge foam, and will dynamat the rear shelf, the problem is you have to remove the seats AND the rear quarter interior trim panels to get the rear shelf off. SO i have not done it yet. Not hard just time consuming.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I bought some edge foam, and will dynamat the rear shelf, the problem is you have to remove the seats AND the rear quarter interior trim panels to get the rear shelf off. SO i have not done it yet. Not hard just time consuming.
I was hoping to not have to remove those side panels. It's a pain to have to remove them. I just put my car all back together and now I have the rear deck panel flapping like a bird. The metal seems solid and non-resonant. I will try inserting some foam weather stripping material between the rear window and the deck before taking it all apart.
Sponsored