Steeda Pro Active vs Bilstein B6

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 Mustang GT PP
Stay away from ā€œactiveā€ dampers on a drop. Maybe Steedaā€™s are better than Koni but Koni Actives are crap. Just replaced my rear Koni Active shocks with Bilstein B6s and the noise is gone, ride is smoother and itā€™s more controlled. Night and day difference.

Given that the Bilsteins may push up the rear ride height a smidge is it worth getting another alignment?

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Bilsteins, never look back.

I see you went with the steeda's. NEVER ride in a mustang with B6's, you will hate yourself.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Love my steeda pro action adjustables and steeda sport linear springs.. great combo perfect ride height front and back:

https://ibb.co/Sr9FCXf

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I do like Steeda's products, I have many on my car. For dampers I love Bilstein. Great dual purpose shocks.

If you have a race car, or just like to play with adjustments, the Steeda adjustable's would fit the bill.

I have a DD so I want control without it hitting like a hammer. Also don't want to be turning the adjustment knob every day or so.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The actIVE are not adjustable. They should be but aren't. It only took a couple of tweaks to get the acTION units where I wanted them.

In hindsight I should have just gone 2 or 3-way JRI.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Well, Iā€™m going to take a chance with the Steeda ProActives. I spent some time talking with Steeda, then did some more research and decided to try them out. The fact that Iā€™m only 5 miles from Steedaā€™s manufacturing plant gives them an advantage when Iā€™m comparing manufacturersā€˜ parts. (I realize the local plant doesnā€™t manufacture the dampers.) Just knowing I can take a ten minute drive and have a Steeda tech check something out if I have a problem gives me a lot of peace of mind. One thing is for sure; I havenā€™t found any other manufacturer that had the customer service both before and after the sale that Steeda has.
Let us know your feedback when you get them installed - we have had customers that have been very happy with that set-up ... including myself with the Active Shocks on my convertible - the ride quality was very nice.

TJ

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Trying to justify reworking my suspension setup YET AGAIN to switch from the FRPP track struts to Bilsteins. Definitely not necessary, but I have never been disappointed in Bilstein dampers, and currently have them on half the fleet so I may as well do the Mustang as well.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
YET AGAIN to switch from the FRPP track struts to Bilsteins
I'm not sure how big a difference that will make except in the 'chop'/staccato bump series. If you're anywhere near Alexandria, you're welcome to borrow (or if you want to buy outright) my still NIB rears. I've got a couple sets of new Eibach 'squishy' bump stops too.

Sponsored

GT0132

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Hardtop. 2005 BA FPV GT
So the B6's will work ok on lowered springs. My car os lowered by 1 inch

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone switching to the Bilstein B6 rear shocks, the BMW bump stops discussed in this thread work perfectly.
Sponsored