OP

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
Congrats on getting everything installed! I finished my install and used the same subframe support kit with the alignment bushings and metal inserts in the rear.

After removing the convertible bracing I put a jack under the subframe on one side and removed the front and rear subframe bolt on that side. That gave me enough drop to easily pull the spring out and install the metal inserts and sleeves. The sleeves slid right in for me and the rear bushing insert took some work to get the rear part in but it wasn't that bad.

I feel your pain with the rear shocks. The bonded bushing at the lower shock mount was a hassle to get centered properly to thread the bolts in. On the first side I put the bolts in and then pushed on the shock to compress it then quickly moved the top mount into place which wasn't easy. On the other side I ran the lower shock bolts in while I still had the subframe dropped then held it in place as I jacked the subframe back up which made it a lot easier.
Awesome @Siege happy to hear you got it done!

What were you thinking alignment-wise, lol? I know it's partly subjective but I was thinking going off the BMR spec sheet as a base....but maybe -1.8 or so camber in the front and -1.3 or so in the rear.

Factory specs call for more negative camber in the rear which doesn't seem right...
Sponsored

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
I was thinking along those same lines. -1.8 to -2.0 degrees camber up front with zero toe, -1.5 degrees in the rear with .23 toe in.

I set the camber up front this weekend and will tackle toe probably next weekend.

My only minor gripe with the camber plates is having to jack the car up to change the setting. It was a lot of up and down this weekend.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Can’t recall off top of my head but there’s a spark plug socket size that fits that nut. Most spark plug sockets have a hex shape so you can put a wrench on them and slip and Allen key through the center of the socket to torque the nut.

Also… You’ll be blown away by the bilstein/BMR handling spring combo.
Bilsteins and PS4S were the BEST mod I made to my 2016 by FAR.

OP
OP

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
I was thinking along those same lines. -1.8 to -2.0 degrees camber up front with zero toe, -1.5 degrees in the rear with .23 toe in.

I set the camber up front this weekend and will tackle toe probably next weekend.

My only minor gripe with the camber plates is having to jack the car up to change the setting. It was a lot of up and down this weekend.
Okay thanks for sharing! And yeah, totally feel you on "a lot of up and down" doing this install lol.
I might have to go a little less negative on the rear camber since I'm rocking the stock non-PP 235s in the rear lol -- can't afford to lose any contact patch back there!

Thanks @IPOGT for mentioning the tires! I was leaning towards those whenever I do change rims/tires.
Sponsored