Sponsored

Steeda G-Trac extreme contacts header.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
First off yes I’ve engaged Steeda, they have been wonderful trying to help resolve the issue.

What’s the issue? When installing the bracing the passenger side is making contact with the header which is subsequently making the front passenger mounting hole off-center by about 1/4” or so. This results in the brace not being able to be fully installed.

Steeda suggested inspecting the motor mounts for excessive ware (I thought this was unlikely with 5k miles on the car. And upon inspection they were verified in good shape.)

A second solution offered was to use the hardware from their 2 point brace to use as a shim on the rear mounts of the brace to see if it provided the needed clearance. I am awaiting the hardware arrival and will report back once I get it and take another shot at installing.

In the meantime, has anyone else ran into these clearance issues? If so, was there another solution that worked for you? Their site states that it clears LTHs but for my LTH brand headers it does not seem to be the case. Regardless, I’ll report back once I try the spacers.
Sponsored

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It was not an issue with my headers but the brace was a mile off on the holes up front and the thing hung too low for my liking I had to cut the front bars off since they did not line up and junk them so I just have a cross brace now . Poor design IMO

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
It was not an issue with my headers but the brace was a mile off on the holes up front and the thing hung too low for my liking I had to cut the front bars off since they did not line up and junk them so I just have a cross brace now . Poor design IMO
Interesting as it’s only my front mounts not lining up which I assumed was due to the header contact…

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have had a lot of great success with the Extreme G-Trac Brace - I have not seen any clearance issues.

With regards to the other issue with the holes not lining up - did you contact our team to discuss a replacement? If something shifted in manufacturing - then we can review what may have taken place.

Please let me know.

TJ

1629247694654.png

1629247724511.png

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
We have had a lot of great success with the Extreme G-Trac Brace - I have not seen any clearance issues.

With regards to the other issue with the holes not lining up - did you contact our team to discuss a replacement? If something shifted in manufacturing - then we can review what may have taken place.

Please let me know.

TJ

1629247694654.png

1629247724511.png
Thanks TJ, I’m awaiting the hardware from your 2 point hardware package and I’m going to see if spacing out the rear mounting locations a bit will provide me the header clearance I need. I’ll then be able to determine if the front mounting holes are aligned properly. I’ll make sure to follow up and photograph as best I can if the issue persists.

I don’t think there are a ton of folks running the LTH brand headers on the s550 so it may be that my issue is unique to this brand header.

Regardless, I appreciate the support as always and hope to report back with good news soon.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - please keep us updated. You are in good hands with Jaime.

Keep us updated!

TJ

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I had the same
issue when I installed mine last winter ony 19 GT Premium PP1. The front holes did not line up, the spacers were not long enough and the brace hangs down below engine. I will replace with BMR brace this coming winter. I do not like the fit. The front bars also contact my transmitting lines.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It’s not just limited to LTH brand headers. I have Ultimate Headers LTH on my 2019 Bullitt and they don’t clear the Ultralite 2 point brace on my car either. In addition, I am running Steeda’s adjustable motor mounts and they are set in the 1/4” lowered position. Even if the motor mounts weren’t set 1/4” lower the brace would still contact the headers. I was trying to think of a way to still use the brace, but may end up selling it to someone with an I modified factory exhaust.

Last edited:
OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Quick update.

I was able to wrestle the brace into place tonight and get the bolt holes to line up decently. However the passenger side header is resting on the brace which I am not thrilled with.

I removed the brace as I am concerned with false knock. I sent photos over to the Steeda rep who’s been helping me and will report back if there is a successful resolution to getting it to fit.

My question to the forum is how much clearance do I need to run the brace without the potential for false knock?

92942EBF-C3E5-483C-9A52-28D12AC06946.jpeg
B6756DCD-FAED-4BFB-B824-C754C2AA4E56.jpeg
2A38C798-0AD6-42FF-9E42-F2FB40B5E1FC.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I agree with you that false knock would probably be an issue with the brace in place.

Sponsored

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
This fix is to shim the rear of the brace down, and depending on how much you car is lowered, the bolts will scrape pretty easily. The front mounting bolts will scrape easy as is.

Honestly I would return it if you are able. I have tons of their parts but this is one that I removed. The BMR CB006 is a way better part and doesn’t impact ground clearance as much. The cross bar on the BMR brace is a little more forward than the steeda offering, it may fit better.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
This fix is to shim the rear of the brace down, and depending on how much you car is lowered, the bolts will scrape pretty easily. The front mounting bolts will scrape easy as is.

Honestly I would return it if you are able. I have tons of their parts but this is one that I removed. The BMR CB006 is a way better part and doesn’t impact ground clearance as much. The cross bar on the BMR brace is a little more forward than the steeda offering, it may fit better.
Thanks for the info, I’ve got some spacers in route to see how the fit is with them installed. Luckily the car isn’t driven a ton and it’s currently at stock ride height which gives me some wiggle room. I’ll certainly keep an eye on things though as that’s not a area of the car I’d really like to damage.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Quick update for the group.

I got the spacer kit from Steeda and got things installed this morning.

It was still a bear to get the front mounting points lined up but in the end it was a success. I now have a good 1/4” of clearance on the passenger header (photo below).

Initial impressions are good, turn in seems flatter and through corners the front feels much more composed and lighter.

Other than my fitment issues (which were successfully resolved) it seems like a good product.

7B962B35-FB27-461A-8A98-C08A566AC29C.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do you think engine torque-over or worn out motor mounts could pose a problem for you down the road?
Sponsored