Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
It should definitely not be the braces as all they do is stiffen the structure, which is a good thing for ANY car. All this does is allow the suspension to work more effectively.

I would say your ride quality loss if anything is coming from your sway bar settings. I had adjustable sway bars on my e46 BMW and when I had them in the stiffest setting they did indeed make the ride harsher. The stiffer you make a way bar, the less compliant and "independent" the suspension will work. That's why for example it's a pretty common thing for off roaders to remove their front sway bar making the front suspension TRUELY independent. I did this on an F150 I had (with firmer dampers) and the ride was WAY smoother.

Another way of looking at it is that if the suspension is being compressed equally on both sides, the sway bar will not effect the firmness of your suspension because it is rotating up equally so no extra force is being exerted on one end vs the other. This would be going up and over a speed bump for example IF you hit it exactly square on. But, if you are on uneven bumps, dips etc where one side is compressing more than the other...that is where you will feel a stiff bar.

Adjust them to the softest setting and I believe you will see what I am talking about.

Agreed on trying the softest setting, thanks for jumping in! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Getz5.0

I Am Groot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Getz
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor, 2015 Mustang GT
I just installed my G-Trac Brace to my Steeda Stage One Setup and in my opinion the feedback with the Brace is spot on with NO loss in ride comfort. :thumbsup:

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Agree. No ride comfort issue at all.

Kcode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robb
Vehicle(s)
TY EcoBoost Prem Vert Auto PerfPkg Nav
My Steeda K brace install experience.

I must have an interesting build. Feb 2015 built Convertible Ecoboost Premium Performance Package.

Intalled the Steeda K brace this morning, dodging rain in southern Toronto. Install was not trouble free. Front right mounting location was filled with bolt installed from above used to secure a bracket that is attached to the steering rack. Required longer bolt, bushing, installed from below with nut on top.

No way could I get rear spacers into place withoug first removing what appears to be anti NVH weights attached to top of subframe rails. Had to remove 3 bolts and then cut out 1 of the three riv nuts on each side to gain clearance. Want to leave these 2 weights off. Hope installing the upper tower brace and the K brace will change chassis harmonics. Hey, you never know.

I hope this was all worth it. This is the type of mod that's more about tomorrow then today. Cars can loosen up over time. Chassis bracing is a good thing to keep doors closing easily and denying squeaks and rattles a place to start.

YRMV

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
G-Tracs for days.. more like a couple days - these things are flying!
IMG_0242.jpg

Sponsored

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
@David@Steeda:

I was just wondering why the www.steeda.com website describes the Extreme G-trac K-member brace now only for use in the fastback/coupé, while still some guys seem to use this part with their convertibles. Perhaps you can explain it, thanks.

I know that some other parts, like the Steeda IRS subframe support braces are made for use in the fastback, because the convertible has different stock braces already fitted at the same spot, but I didn't get the point concerning the K-member brace.

Next concern/wish/question is about the IRS bushing support system and the rear vertical links. I really would appreciate these aluminum parts being available with black anodizing. Just think that great parts should still look great after some time in use.

I'm asking these questions in advance, because I have to wait some time till my GT vert is delivered, so I can't order parts right now. Reading in this forum and thinking about special parts is kind of a consolation for me while waiting, so I'll keep the answers in mind.
Thanks for your answer.

Kcode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robb
Vehicle(s)
TY EcoBoost Prem Vert Auto PerfPkg Nav
Steeda, your next!

I explained my difficulties with the install on my convertible. The convertibles seem to be slightly different depending on engine option (maybe more).

The brace install was not without challenges on my vert, the result is a slightly stiffer front end. More subtle then a massive change but in combination with the upper k member firewall brace (original equipment), a strut tower brace (Ford racing added) and the Steeda lower k braces the front end has lost some nervousness and tracks very well. Exhibits less cowl shake ( bane of all convertibles).

I felt the addition of the bracing was well worth the effort now and I believe it will help keep some of the squeaks away.

Not sure if Steeda will ever release or bless the install on convertibles due to nature of install requirements.

Steeda - your turn!

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
@David@Steeda:

I was just wondering why the www.steeda.com website describes the Extreme G-trac K-member brace now only for use in the fastback/coupé, while still some guys seem to use this part with their convertibles. Perhaps you can explain it, thanks.

I know that some other parts, like the Steeda IRS subframe support braces are made for use in the fastback, because the convertible has different stock braces already fitted at the same spot, but I didn't get the point concerning the K-member brace.

Next concern/wish/question is about the IRS bushing support system and the rear vertical links. I really would appreciate these aluminum parts being available with black anodizing. Just think that great parts should still look great after some time in use.

I'm asking these questions in advance, because I have to wait some time till my GT vert is delivered, so I can't order parts right now. Reading in this forum and thinking about special parts is kind of a consolation for me while waiting, so I'll keep the answers in mind.
Thanks for your answer.
I explained my difficulties with the install on my convertible. The convertibles seem to be slightly different depending on engine option (maybe more).

The brace install was not without challenges on my vert, the result is a slightly stiffer front end. More subtle then a massive change but in combination with the upper k member firewall brace (original equipment), a strut tower brace (Ford racing added) and the Steeda lower k braces the front end has lost some nervousness and tracks very well. Exhibits less cowl shake ( bane of all convertibles).

I felt the addition of the bracing was well worth the effort now and I believe it will help keep some of the squeaks away.

Not sure if Steeda will ever release or bless the install on convertibles due to nature of install requirements.

Steeda - your turn!
The Extreme G-Trac Braces now fit the convertibles as we include the proper spacers! Apologies if the site wasn't updated, it is now.

As far as the anodizing, it's not uncommon for our aluminum parts to hold up for years with a great finish, without anodizing. This is due to a proprietary corrosion bath that all of our bare machined aluminum parts go through to help protect the finish for a long, long time. Also, we've found that customers like to show off their billet aluminum parts and not have them simply blend in with anodization.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great review from Mike!

Michael left the following 5-star review for the product Steeda S550 Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace (2015-2023), Order #218784:

Greatly reduces body roll

I was surprised at how much body roll was reduced after installing this. I also installed the strut tower brace and jacking rails at the same time, but I credit the K-member brace the most. This brace is not just a gimmick as I thought while installing it, and it honestly almost eliminated body roll during turning. I wish I'd bought this sooner.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Great review from Mike!

Michael left the following 5-star review for the product Steeda S550 Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace (2015-2023), Order #218784:

Greatly reduces body roll

I was surprised at how much body roll was reduced after installing this. I also installed the strut tower brace and jacking rails at the same time, but I credit the K-member brace the most. This brace is not just a gimmick as I thought while installing it, and it honestly almost eliminated body roll during turning. I wish I'd bought this sooner.
I appreciate you have had some nice feedback and I can’t blame you for highlighting it, but …

Please don’t think I’m being an arse (I’m just trying to figure it out in my head), how does that part greatly reduce body roll ?

WD :like:
Sponsored