Sponsored

Steeda Extreme G-Trac Brace installation

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Installing this on my new GT today. The instructions show 2 spacer/sleeves with a piece of wire welded onto each of them for insertion into the rear holes of the subframe. My kit didn't come with those 2 spacer/sleeves. The instructions then mention if the front subframe doesn't have the threaded nuts (2019's don't), use the spacer/sleeves there. My kit did come with those.

I've left a message for Steeda and they're supposed to call me back. Anyone else run across this issue? Am I missing the rear subframe spacers?

Meanwhile, my car is on ramps in the garage and it's getting close to oven temps in there...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kep4

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Installing this on my new GT today. The instructions show 2 spacer/sleeves with a piece of wire welded onto each of them for insertion into the rear holes of the subframe. My kit didn't come with those 2 spacer/sleeves. The instructions then mention if the front subframe doesn't have the threaded nuts (2019's don't), use the spacer/sleeves there. My kit did come with those.

I've left a message for Steeda and they're supposed to call me back. Anyone else run across this issue? Am I missing the rear subframe spacers?

Meanwhile, my car is on ramps in the garage and it's getting close to oven temps in there...
Update: Called Steeda again and turns out the spacer/sleeves with the 'tail' are missing so they're sending them to me Monday.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I put those spacers in a couple weeks ago, and they were a snug fit. So snug that I had to take a grinder and shorten one of them by a few mils before I could force it into position. Other than that, it was an easy job.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the update, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Let me know if I can help assist further - happy to help!

Best Regards,

TJ

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I put those spacers in a couple weeks ago, and they were a snug fit. So snug that I had to take a grinder and shorten one of them by a few mils before I could force it into position. Other than that, it was an easy job.
TJ Steeda… Heads up

I had the same issue with my 15 GT and my 18 GT. When you have to punch out the flashing, which I had to do on both cars, I also had to shorten the spacer/sleeves to get them to remotely slide in.

I will easily bet others have had this issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kep4

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Thank you for the update, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Let me know if I can help assist further - happy to help!

Best Regards,

TJ
Thank you! Hey, stuff happens and we just gotta roll with it.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
It took some work, but I was able to get mine in with no grinding of the spacer. Screw driver in the hole and pry the spacer into position. It was a biotch to get just enough of the spacer over the hole to use a screw driver to pry it the rest of the way, but it was doable on both my 17 GT350 and my 18 GT.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I think that they found that in this respect not all these cars are the same and almost have to be hand fit, as it were. Mine was tough to get in but I didn't have to hammer or grind on anything. I may have been one of the first to find his 15 didn't have the threaded bung.

OP
OP
Kep4

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
TJ Steeda… Heads up

I had the same issue with my 15 GT and my 18 GT. When you have to punch out the flashing, which I had to do on both cars, I also had to shorten the spacer/sleeves to get them to remotely slide in.

I will easily bet others have had this issue.
Steeda sent me the spacers very quickly and I finally had time, and a cool enough garage, to install the G-Trak last night. I ended up using my Dremel and grinding down some of the flashing from the tab that was removed on the inside bottom of both sides of the rear attachment points. The spacers then required just a bit of coercing with a screwdriver to slide into place. Done!

Now to install the Steeda parts for the rear end! Looks like a cooling trend next week so that will definitely make the effort easier.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Guys, take a long screw driver after pulling out the punch tab and just slightly bend down the edge of the hole so that the spacer can slide in easier. There shouldn't be a need to grind that spacer. When you tighten the bolt, anything you bend and warped a wee little bit will flatten back out for good. Manhandle that spacer in there a little bit - don't need to be dainty with it, it's fine.

Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I tacked welded my rear supports after bolting it in but didn't use the spacers

mustang123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I tacked welded my rear supports after bolting it in but didn't use the spacers
Spacers were just impossible to get in for me. So I also installed mine without spacer. Did you experience any crushing of the subframe after torquing it down?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Mine were work but I was able to get the spacers in. A long stiff screwdriver and trying from a few different angles but i final got all of them in.
Sponsored