Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Just don't use a cheap torque wrench on anything. I've seen chinese torque wrenches over tighten head gaskets and under tighten suspension parts. Scary.

Cheap tools lead to frustration and hand injuries... Do it rite the first time, and buy tools that'll last a lifetime. The initial cost is higher, but when you consider the amount of money you would spend on multiple set of the cheap tools over time, you come out ahead.

I've been living with the brace for about a month now, and loved every curve I've hit. I can't wait until the next auto-x event to see how it really does.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Cheap tools are your friend, had this set in my toolbox and it has taken care of many an oddball need over the years. Made installing my brace fairly easy.
http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-38-and-12-drive-metric-hex-bit-socket-set-67880-7763.html
But quality tools that last are like a friend with benefits. :)

I've bought a small amount of HF tools over the years to get me by and they always end up breaking. At the same time my quality tools that I started to acquire in 1987 have only ever failed me when I was stupid enough to try to use them for something other than what they are (screwdrivers are not pry tools).

Cheap tools can have their place, but be careful and know when it's okay to buy "throw-away" tools and when you need the good stuff.

Just don't use a cheap torque wrench on anything. I've seen chinese torque wrenches over tighten head gaskets and under tighten suspension parts. Scary.
:thumbsup:

Cheap tools lead to frustration and hand injuries... Do it rite the first time, and buy tools that'll last a lifetime. The initial cost is higher, but when you consider the amount of money you would spend on multiple set of the cheap tools over time, you come out ahead.
:cheers:

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP

I've bought a small amount of HF tools over the years to get me by and they always end up breaking. At the same time my quality tools that I started to acquire in 1987 have only ever failed me when I was stupid enough to try to use them for something other than what they are (screwdrivers are not pry tools).

Cheap tools can have their place, but be careful and know when it's okay to buy "throw-away" tools and when you need the good stuff.

Why can't I like this twice? Lol

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
great product...

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO

Solid items that require minimal precision machining are good subjects for cheap tools. Like the hex bits I linked, use, if one breaks, buy another.

I never implied and never would say that item like a torque wrench should be bought cheap. Main reason I have a Craftsman membership card is for those kind of items.

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
I installed the G-Trac brace and Steeda sways/strut bar at the same time. I did notice that while the ride was a lot stiffer, comfort of course took a dive. Ride quality is noticabely more bumpy than stock. I'm assuming it's the brace as i've had other cars with aftermarket swaybars and strut bars and it never made this much of a difference with ride quality. While it'd be great for the track, I spend much of my day in my car, and I was contemplating taking the brace off. This is not a knock on the G-trac brace at all, as it seems to do be doing exactly what it says it would.

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
I installed the G-Trac brace and Steeda sways/strut bar at the same time. I did notice that while the ride was a lot stiffer, comfort of course took a dive. Ride quality is noticabely more bumpy than stock. I'm assuming it's the brace as i've had other cars with aftermarket swaybars and strut bars and it never made this much of a difference with ride quality. While it'd be great for the track, I spend much of my day in my car, and I was contemplating taking the brace off. This is not a knock on the G-trac brace at all, as it seems to do be doing exactly what it says it would.

Are you lowered? Do you a have PP car? If you do remove the brace I'd be interested to see if it's the brace or the sways that dramatically altered the ride quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you lowered? Do you a have PP car? If you do remove the brace I'd be interested to see if it's the brace or the sways that dramatically altered the ride quality.

Non-pp GT. Not lowered, but I plan on lowering and putting on 20's (stock 18's currently), which is why im contemplating taking off the brace, as I know lowering it and upsizing the wheels will further reduce the ride quality.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

First time we've heard of this regarding ride quality, thanks for the feedback. Are the roads bad where you're located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP

I'm lowered w/ PP, and I find the ride actually remained the same. The car feels stiffer in the corners, but rides the same in a straight line.

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First time we've heard of this regarding ride quality, thanks for the feedback. Are the roads bad where you're located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are hit or miss, but that doesn't change the fact that something that I added caused a reduction in ride quality which was one of the things that most impressed me about the new mustang. If it's not the G-Trac, could it be the sway bars (its set on the middle setting) or the strut tower bar?

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
They are hit or miss, but that doesn't change the fact that something that I added caused a reduction in ride quality which was one of the things that most impressed me about the new mustang. If it's not the G-Trac, could it be the sway bars (its set on the middle setting) or the strut tower bar?
It should definitely not be the braces as all they do is stiffen the structure, which is a good thing for ANY car. All this does is allow the suspension to work more effectively.

I would say your ride quality loss if anything is coming from your sway bar settings. I had adjustable sway bars on my e46 BMW and when I had them in the stiffest setting they did indeed make the ride harsher. The stiffer you make a way bar, the less compliant and "independent" the suspension will work. That's why for example it's a pretty common thing for off roaders to remove their front sway bar making the front suspension TRUELY independent. I did this on an F150 I had (with firmer dampers) and the ride was WAY smoother.

Another way of looking at it is that if the suspension is being compressed equally on both sides, the sway bar will not effect the firmness of your suspension because it is rotating up equally so no extra force is being exerted on one end vs the other. This would be going up and over a speed bump for example IF you hit it exactly square on. But, if you are on uneven bumps, dips etc where one side is compressing more than the other...that is where you will feel a stiff bar.

Adjust them to the softest setting and I believe you will see what I am talking about.
Sponsored