Sponsored

Steeda Extreme G-Trac Brace Now Available

RushGotti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks! I was looking into this.

I had sway bars installed and they made a huge difference, So I'm sure I could benefit from this. :)

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
had mine installed today, its a well made piece and fit perfectly.

Steeda if your reading please include a 12mm allen wrench for the front bolts as nobody in the shop had one and not even the local Snap on guy, i mean just throw in a wrench or even a slug to use with an open end, the method Bill shows at CJ PP with the bolt works if you can scrounge up a strong enough hardened bolt otherwise they snap. My guys found a Torx 55 or 60 that fit and they torqued to proper spec.

Now in NYC the roads are battered and I noticed a very substantial difference in bump steer and ride quality and overall tightness of the front end. My car is a GT PP with sway bars, springs, larger wheels and super sticky tires and overall this is another home run from Steeda. Even though my car has the PP bracing every little bit helps and this surely does. not many may notice unless you drive on poor roads and really know the car well enough to notice but the improvement is well worth the upgrade.

Well done Steeda thanks for another great product, just include the 12mm or switch to a standard bolt to make install for most shops and DIY customers easier.

thanks

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Steeda if your reading please include a 12mm allen wrench for the front bolts as nobody in the shop had one and not even the local Snap on guy, i mean just throw in a wrench or even a slug to use with an open end, the method Bill shows at CJ PP with the bolt works if you can scrounge up a strong enough hardened bolt otherwise they snap. My guys found a Torx 55 or 60 that fit and they torqued to proper spec.

Now in NYC the roads are battered and I noticed a very substantial difference in bump steer and ride quality and overall tightness of the front end. My car is a GT PP with sway bars, springs, larger wheels and super sticky tires and overall this is another home run from Steeda. Even though my car has the PP bracing every little bit helps and this surely does. not many may notice unless you drive on poor roads and really know the car well enough to notice but the improvement is well worth the upgrade.

Well done Steeda thanks for another great product, just include the 12mm or switch to a standard bolt to make install for most shops and DIY customers easier.

thanks

Thanks for the review! I'll pass it along to the team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
Did anyone notice any additional NVH with the Brace or Sway Bars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP

Nope, did the brace, trans mount, springs, and sways all at one time. It's just as quite as it was before.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426558564.918718.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426558611.271782.jpg

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S

Have both, and absolutely no NVH. Just much better handling and front end solidity.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

As you can see from the feedback, no NVH whatsoever!

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO

thanks
Cheap tools are your friend, had this set in my toolbox and it has taken care of many an oddball need over the years. Made installing my brace fairly easy.
http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-38-and-12-drive-metric-hex-bit-socket-set-67880-7763.html

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
This is great to hear. After putting Shelby Sways on my 11 GT and all the NVH it caused I was afraid to go down this road again.

Swapping sway bars should not change NVH at all. There must have been some other issue like worn out bushings or links.

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
Swapping sway bars should not change NVH at all. There must have been some other issue like worn out bushings or links.
I didn't think they would change NVH either, but after I put back on the stock parts the NVH went away.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Is the g-trac only for Performance Pack cars? If I get a non-performance pack car, will I be able to install one, and how would the relative feel be?
Sponsored