Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
nothing wrong with learning on the MP4S, they communicate well and are the best all-around sports car tire which can drive to the track, run some laps, and still go get groceries on the way home.
My friend, you are a wealth of information and I hope to meet, and race you, one day. Bless brother, will post here with our track experiences.

michies for the winnn
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Still haven't made it to a national event, but just got news on how stiff our local region is. My friend and I finished 7th and 9th on PAX at the first event and the next week 5 of our competitors went to the national stop in south GA. 5 of the top 10 in our region placed 1st or second at the national event. Still want to make it to one to test the level of competition.

1st in our region - 1st place CS
4th in our region - 1st place STX
6th in our region - 2nd place SSP
7th in our region - my buddy in CAMC
8th in our region - 1st place GS
9th in our region - where I finished in CAMC
10th in our region - 1st place STU
12th in our region - 1st place in EVX

I know that south GA doesn't bring out the stiffest competition nationally, but happy to be amongst this group of drivers in our division on a track where I barely went full throttle once in a car that's still full interior full weight.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just a little pic dump after a good clean. Just bought tires for the 19x11s so canā€™t wait to share with all you amazing people who have helped us get her this far!

IMG_1596.jpeg

IMG_1597.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
One of my friends is parting out his CAMC build and has the Pro Parts coilovers available. Its the same (model) set I won '22 Solo Nats with and works well with front springs from 500-650. He's asking a very attractive price (~1500). If someone here is interested, DM me and I can put you in contact with him.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If only I didn't already install a set of Steeda non-adjusts with their sport prog lowering springs last year šŸ˜„

Last edited:

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
One of my friends is parting out his CAMC build and has the Pro Parts coilovers available. Its the same (model) set I won '22 Solo Nats with and works well with front springs from 500-650. He's asking a very attractive price (~1500). If someone here is interested, DM me and I can put you in contact with him.
Knowing my setup as daily and track use, do you advise about 2.7* of negative camber in the front wheels for overall useage? And perhaps stock in the rear?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Knowing my setup as daily and track use, do you advise about 2.7* of negative camber in the front wheels for overall useage? And perhaps stock in the rear?
There isnt as much downside to running track camber on the street as you might assume, and this is the track forum, not the handling forum soā€¦

3.2-3.5 front, 2.0 rear.

If 2.7 then 2.7 front but still 1.8-2.0 rear.

Its your car, but at some point once youā€™ve got a few more events under your belt, try 3+ camber on the front.

You can always change the alignment if you donā€™t like it.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
There isnt as much downside to running track camber on the street as you might assume, and this is the track forum, not the handling forum soā€¦

3.2-3.5 front, 2.0 rear.

If 2.7 then 2.7 front but still 1.8-2.0 rear.

Its your car, but at some point once youā€™ve got a few more events under your belt, try 3+ camber on the front.

You can always change the alignment if you donā€™t like it.
Thanks mate, I will take your suggestions as always. Your advice has been perfect so far. :D
Do you not think the negative camber will "wear down" my dailies very much more? They are your basic 17x9.5 Michelin Cross Climates, 255/55.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thats up to you. Youā€™re going to have to make some bets and take some chances. I dont own a set of wheels in that size or those tires, so YMMV. But no, its not the aggressive camber you need to watch for, its the incorrect or neglected toe settings.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Do you not think the negative camber will "wear down" my dailies very much more? They are your basic 17x9.5 Michelin Cross Climates, 255/55.
I keep beating my daily 255 firehawks with -2.7 camber and these bloody bastards just refuse ro die. I do want to get rid of them so that I can switch to a square 275 setup, or move 275's from rear to the front and put some 555Rii drag radials to the back. But I cannot justify the spend to myself becaise those fronts just keep raking up the miles with no issues.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Wow, that is a very good deal for someone!

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thats up to you. Youā€™re going to have to make some bets and take some chances. I dont own a set of wheels in that size or those tires, so YMMV. But no, its not the aggressive camber you need to watch for, its the incorrect or neglected toe settings.
Should I get the camber alignment done now before my tires get installed Tuesday, or should I wait until the full package is installed and get the full negative camber done afterwards?
Alignment is currently set to factory.

My question is do I need to worry about it fitting with my steeda suspension, or will have enough clearance to drive the wheels from the installer to home to the alignment shop without shredding anything.

Yes, I fret the details.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Should I get the camber alignment done now before my tires get installed Tuesday, or should I wait until the full package is installed and get the full negative camber done afterwards?
Alignment is currently set to factory.

My question is do I need to worry about it fitting with my steeda suspension, or will have enough clearance to drive the wheels from the installer to home to the alignment shop without shredding anything.

Yes, I fret the details.
Usually changing wheels wont affect the alignment much so you can do them in any order. I dont remember your new wheel/tire setup so Iā€™m assuming square 11s

Youā€™ll want that extra camber so your wheels/tires fit under the fenders, so you can either do the alignment first with the old wheels or you can just do a rough max camber at home with the new wheels and then drive the new wheels to the alignment place and let them get everything sorted properly. If its a really short trip and no high speed or big bumps you can probably just risk a little fender contact.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Usually changing wheels wont affect the alignment much so you can do them in any order. I dont remember your new wheel/tire setup so Iā€™m assuming square 11s

Youā€™ll want that extra camber so your wheels/tires fit under the fenders, so you can either do the alignment first with the old wheels or you can just do a rough max camber at home with the new wheels and then drive the new wheels to the alignment place and let them get everything sorted properly. If its a really short trip and no high speed or big bumps you can probably just risk a little fender contact.
Getting alignment right now. Tires either today or tomorrow.

Oddly enough the camber max in front and rear is about -2.0. And they are having to modify one of the front sides to make it work too. We will work with this for now I guess, and come back to it later on. I am curious if this has something to do with ā€œbase modelā€.

At least the toe is perfect. The -2.0 camber should give the 19x11s a bit more roomā€¦might have to go fenderliner-lessā€¦
Sponsored