SCCA CAM-C Thread

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Would you mind posting results once you get them ? I've decided against 18" for now since I already have another set of $150 19x11 SVEs in the basement, but nobody died from having too many wheels....
What's the bore diameter on them ?
Yeah I will post up so there is no question and someone will be able to find the information since there is nothing out there. Not sure on bore diameter but hey come with centering rings.
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
The 18x11’s 52et rub on pedders in the front with the 25mm spacers I have, so I’m trying the 10.5 et50’s. Not sure if that is a better Idea or spacing more and doing more fender work/camber. I’ll probably look at an offset set of coilovers once I work out a few other things.
I had those prior to my MCS and had to go to 30mm spacers and camber bolts set to positive to pull the wheels away from the strut. Then got my camber at the strut top. Not fun.

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
Ahh, I thought someone had said they had run the pedders. Any idea what a Clunking sound on one side could be? I haven’t taken it apart yet, but can’t see what it could likely be. Wondering if it’s the spring isolators, as they have almost 78k on eibach sportlines.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Ahh, I thought someone had said they had run the pedders. Any idea what a Clunking sound on one side could be? I haven’t taken it apart yet, but can’t see what it could likely be. Wondering if it’s the spring isolators, as they have almost 78k on eibach sportlines.
Rear? Rear shock.moint loose?

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the insight.

Yeah my 19s have the closeout RE71 with good life that we are using next weekend.

Looks like Nationals had
1-4, 10: Yoks (2-4 double drivers)
5-8: Falken (5, 6 double drivers)
9: BFG (DOUBLE DRIVER)

I know I very well may get demolished at Nationals so I'm sure tire is less important. Just looking for something that will last in the summer heat/concrete combo with 2 drivers.
Rival S 1.5 is hard to kill and I've used some over multiple seasons ok. It is about the cheapest 315/30-18 200TW right now. IMO, too wide for best effectiveness on an 11" wheel but it will fit.

Conti ECF is a new tire that is designed to last longer and seems close to pace according to Tire Rack test results.

I ran A052 in 295/35-18 on 18x11 last year and loved that fitment. They won't last long on a 2-driver car making runs on concrete in the heat though.

For gearing I switched to 3:55 OS Giken in an auto aluminum housing and have the Ford Performance PP3 kit (GT350 intake manifold, TB and intake) with 7500 redline. Gets me upper 60s mph with a 26.x dia tire.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Flow One wheels 18x11s fit with about 2mm clearance between barrel and calipers. The rub in this video is the wheel rubbing on the strut with hiw I have it setup right now. Slotted MCS maxed inward so I'll just pull them out a little and adjust at tower.

I'm gonna send it I think.

20211228_200808.jpg
20211228_200820.jpg
20211228_200837.jpg

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Handling Pack
Haven't had much cause to hang around lately. I'm going to try to make sure I change that a little bit. Cam c relevant is my ran cam c at the cam challenge last year in Indiana. I did it in my Mach 1, in B Street spec, now what's going to be F Street spec. And walked everybody there. And that was on heavier wheels and before I made a shock change and some other things.

Hasn't taken me long to learn the platform more personally. I truly think a lot of people are barking up the wrong tree and a lot of ways, I also think the car can be really really good.

In reading back through some previous posts I noticed some commentary that struck me funny, not so much funny haha but amusing. One was involving the sway bar that I used to make. Nope I never said I made it hellwig did make it for me. They also coated it for me so if you had a problem with that then I don't think you're going to find that gets any better if you buy one direct. I stopped making them, or I guess if you want to think about it this way, they took it over when I quit carrying them. They weren't selling Because it's hard to convince people sometimes that you don't want the most huge rear sway bar there is, and there are some of the market that just are mind blowingly massive.

Beyond that I'm generally pretty easy going with answering good questions. It's hard for me to corral people's thoughts, I'm human like anybody else and sometimes I can get frustrated when I can't get information out of people. If I had a nickel for every time somebody called me and said well I want my car to handle better and that's about all they have to say, it gets difficult. It's kind of like when people go to the doctor and say make me feel better and don't tell the doctor what's wrong with how they're feeling.

I'm as much car chief, or engineer as I am parts sales guy. Because I also take into account things like tires and the person's experience level and if they tend to overdrive corners or if they tend not to overdrive corners etc all that matters when it comes down to my recommendations for people. So the best information you can give me, the best answers I can give you.

Rounding back, clearly this is not a new chassis. They've been around a while. I tend not to get into new chassis cars right away most of the time, but every time I do get into a car I always manage to make it go pretty decently, in fact there's not a platform I've run and set up that hasn't won a national championship or multiple national championships. I'm going to try and keep that going with the S550. And yeah even though primarily the car will be F Street, and I will split time between it and my Corvette, it will make appearances in cam once in a while, probably like at the cam challenge again in Peru. So there's a relevance if anybody's wondering why I'm saying this stuff.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Flow One wheels 18x11s fit with about 2mm clearance between barrel and calipers. The rub in this video is the wheel rubbing on the strut with hiw I have it setup right now. Slotted MCS maxed inward so I'll just pull them out a little and adjust at tower.

I'm gonna send it I think.
Thanks for the leg work. I just ordered 4. At that price, I feel like I should have ordered 12.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Thanks for the leg work. I just ordered 4. At that price, I feel like I should have ordered 12.
No worries. Wife was a good sport to allow me to check fit on our anniversary.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Hasn't taken me long to learn the platform more personally. I truly think a lot of people are barking up the wrong tree and a lot of ways, I also think the car can be really really good.
Clearly you do a good job behind the wheel, so my guess is that you're competitive regardless of the car with some reasonably minor changes. So, what are the thoughts that spawned these sentences?

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Rival S 1.5 is hard to kill and I've used some over multiple seasons ok. It is about the cheapest 315/30-18 200TW right now. IMO, too wide for best effectiveness on an 11" wheel but it will fit.

Conti ECF is a new tire that is designed to last longer and seems close to pace according to Tire Rack test results.

I ran A052 in 295/35-18 on 18x11 last year and loved that fitment. They won't last long on a 2-driver car making runs on concrete in the heat though.

For gearing I switched to 3:55 OS Giken in an auto aluminum housing and have the Ford Performance PP3 kit (GT350 intake manifold, TB and intake) with 7500 redline. Gets me upper 60s mph with a 26.x dia tire.
Thanks for the input. Yoks are so expensive. Even with a co-driver splitting costs, we would probalby need 2-3 sets for the season (new set for nationals). I priced them out at 1950-ish with tax from tire rack for the 295/35/18 and a whopping 205-2100 dollars for the 315/30/18.

I think we are going to shoot for using the Nankang CR-S which can be had for 1560 and are still competitive from what I've seen.

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
I've had some problems with the Pedder's upper camber adjustment slipping and found it had again, and I'm apparently not very observant. When I corrected it, the flow2 18x11 et 52 fit fine on the front with 25mm spacers.

Now I have a set of 2 10 1/2" Et 52's I probably don't need. They did fit even with the camber maxed on the strut. Obviously, rather get camber with plates.

Not sure what to do about the slipping other than maybe safety wiring them, if the bolts are actually loosening. Add some lock-tite maybe when I take them out for the plate addition.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Do you use a torque wrench on everything? Usually slipping is for silly reasons.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Had an event yesterday. Ambient was about 37 deg w/ 40 mph winds so it was super cold. Luckily I had a co-driver. I coned away a top 20 PAX in a loaded X/Pro class. There were 147 drivers present. Ended up 42/147, but bit the 2nd to the last cone by a smidge or it would have been 21/147.

Overall, the last few events of 2021 and this one have shown to me that I've made pretty good progress. It seems like things are clicking now. Car placement is good/great overall, aggression has come on and confidence in the car has grown quite a bit. Overall, I'm happy with progress.

Sponsored