Sponsored

RIP Camaro

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Being a vert is tough. Most guys don’t want them for a car like this. Hope you get lucky and find a vert lover.
Sponsored

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks. I pretty much only buy convertibles or targa tops. Dislike coupes - too hot/cramped inside. I think it's a 40+ age thing. Just look at the sales of open top vs fixed roof corvettes over the years.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
And the idiots who killed Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saab, and Saturn continue to show how shortsighted and stupid they are.

The Camaro, Corvette, and some of the high performance Cadillacs or the only thing that make GM cars interesting.

It's a shame. The Camaro was finally looking pretty decent even though it had a hard interior.

I was a hardcore Oldsmobile fan for years. In fact between my father and I we had a Cutlass two-door coupe in our family from 1968 all the way up until 2020 when I sold my G body 442.

Hard to say exactly, but if there was a firebird version of the Camaro when I bought my bullitt I likely would be driving that.

GM is so short-sighted. I would not be sad at all if they went Belly up. Yes it's true that Chrysler has also moved away from the pony car formula, but at least they are signaling there will be some type of replacement for the Challenger.

I've never been nor likely will I ever be a Ford guy but you have to respect the company that commits itself to the development and advancement of V8 front engines rear wheel drive performance cars.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And the idiots who killed Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saab, and Saturn continue to show how shortsighted and stupid they are.

The Camaro, Corvette, and some of the high performance Cadillacs or the only thing that make GM cars interesting.

It's a shame. The Camaro was finally looking pretty decent even though it had a hard interior.

I was a hardcore Oldsmobile fan for years. In fact between my father and I we had a Cutlass two-door coupe in our family from 1968 all the way up until 2020 when I sold my G body 442.

Hard to say exactly, but if there was a firebird version of the Camaro when I bought my bullitt I likely would be driving that.

GM is so short-sighted. I would not be sad at all if they went Belly up. Yes it's true that Chrysler has also moved away from the pony car formula, but at least they are signaling there will be some type of replacement for the Challenger.

I've never been nor likely will I ever be a Ford guy but you have to respect the company that commits itself to the development and advancement of V8 front engines rear wheel drive performance cars.
I’m still upset about Pontiac being killed off. The Trans Am WS6 is such an awesome car. Would’ve loved to see a current version of that car. I always thought the Firebird had the more aggressive styling compared to the Camaro

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Thanks. I pretty much only buy convertibles or targa tops. Dislike coupes - too hot/cramped inside. I think it's a 40+ age thing. Just look at the sales of open top vs fixed roof corvettes over the years.
I'm with you. If it has a fixed roof, it needs 4 doors.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT

GM killed off Pontiac, Saab and Saturn due to restructuring after being bailed out in 2008. In fact, it may have e been part of the agreement. Ca.t remember anymore.

Olds died in 04 due to very low sales. Olds hadn't been interesting for 25 years by that point.

Buick will be next, I'm sure.

I do wish the camaro had sold better, though.

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still upset about Pontiac being killed off. The Trans Am WS6 is such an awesome car. Would’ve loved to see a current version of that car. I always thought the Firebird had the more aggressive styling compared to the Camaro
When I was a wee lad my buddies and I went to see Corvette Summer. Luke Skywalker in a Vette sounds fun! I fell in love with the ‘71 Firebird in the film. Man I wanted that car!

IMG_0442.jpeg
IMG_0443.jpeg

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
We'll see if this ever happens.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2026-chevrolet-camaro-electric-car-future-cars/

I'm sure with the current cooling trend of EV's, GM's Accounting, Marketing, Engineering and Design departments are all freaking out. I would love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings lol.
Agree. GM making the Camaro an EV only 4 door is a huge error and inability to "read the room". Exactly zero muscle car enthusiasts ever wanted the Camaro as an EV, and even less wanted it as a 4 door EV. Morons. With the inability to sell appreciable volumes of EVs not named Tesla, and Ford and Dodge staying in the ICE muscle car game, I hope GM is reconsidering bringing back a 7th gen ICE powered Camaro, or better yet, already has plans in motion. They have a small block V8 that is obviously living on in the C8, so drop it in a revised chassis Alpha 2 with new interior and sheet metal and call it the next Camaro.

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
Agree. GM making the Camaro an EV only 4 door is a huge error and inability to "read the room". Exactly zero muscle car enthusiasts ever wanted the Camaro as an EV, and even less wanted it as a 4 door EV. Morons. With the inability to sell appreciable volumes of EVs not named Tesla, and Ford and Dodge staying in the ICE muscle car game, I hope GM is reconsidering bringing back a 7th gen ICE powered Camaro, or better yet, already has plans in motion. They have a small block V8 that is obviously living on in the C8, so drop it in a revised chassis Alpha 2 with new interior and sheet metal and call it the next Camaro.
Agreed, as long as the Corvette has an ICE motor, then it’s a slam dunk to drop it into a Camaro. A Camaro EV would be an absolute demolition of the Camaro name.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Do you like your Z4? You have the M40i, but do you think the Turbo 4 has enough power to still feel sporty?
I love it! It's very comfortable, nimble and fast. BMW does a great job of getting all the driver ergonomics just right. There isn't anything I would change. (Well, I did bump the horsepower a bit). As much as I liked my Mustang Gt convertible, the Z4 makes it feel like a bus.

The American 4 cylinder Z4 model is a decent performer and a bit more agile than the M40i. It definitely feels sporty, no lag and plenty of low-end torque. A JB+ will add some boost and 30hp for $200. The engine can handle a lot more. It's really built and very reliable. The problems BMW had with previous engines (all heat related) have been eliminated with this new family of engines (B48, B58 and S58).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Convertibles are nice as cruisers for sure. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from my '70 over the years.

But I like to go to the track in a sporty car and I prefer to have a fixed roof for safety. That's why I don't really like the C7 and C8. No fixed roof available. Well, plus Corvette is more of a muscle car now rather than a light weight sports car. Might as well have a cheaper vehicle now that the 'vette almost weighs the same as the Mustang and Camaro.

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
I used to occasionally do the track thing when I was younger (Lime Rock, Sebring, LVMS), and yes, for that, I wanted a track-capable car. I drove Vipers on the track at Skip Barber, and I remember thinking I was soooo glad it was NOT my car, as I put it in the gravel, over cones, and everywhere else, lol. But that isn't really a priority for me now. Bigger heavier 'cruisers' are just fine for me these days.
Sponsored