Sponsored

RIP Camaro

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can't even tell you how much I have enjoyed my 2021 Camaro. It's an awesome around town car. It definitely has its flaws, but it's too bad the brand is gone. I really hope some future generation of people (or one of those around now) fixes this poor state of affairs where the fun cars are going away.

PS I still feel that I'm a Ford guy even though my Fords are sitting in the garage and not being driven right now.
Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I can't even tell you how much I have enjoyed my 2021 Camaro. It's an awesome around town car. It definitely has its flaws, but it's too bad the brand is gone. I really hope some future generation of people (or one of those around now) fixes this poor state of affairs where the fun cars are going away.

PS I still feel that I'm a Ford guy even though my Fords are sitting in the garage and not being driven right now.
When I had my mustang in the mid 80’s it was 1 mustang for every 20 chevys. Now mustangs out sale them.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I used to be a Chevy and Pontiac fan. But, over the years I felt like they did some really stupid and cheap things just to save a few bucks, like plastic gears on the headlight doors of the last Firebird models. It seemed like they didn't care about making a quality product any more.

I won't buy any GM product again.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
I used to be a Chevy and Pontiac fan. But, over the years I felt like they did some really stupid and cheap things just to save a few bucks, like plastic gears on the headlight doors of the last Firebird models. It seemed like they didn't care about making a quality product any more.

Growing up I bought Chevies and Oldsmobiles. That changed in 1999. While out looking for a pickup truck. I had driven the Dodge and Ford Super Duty and only had to try out the new Chevy. I stopped in to the San Jose Ca. Chevy dealer to test drive one. There was a salesman that I had spoken with about testing out the new 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. He assured me that he would get one for me to try. After several delays he asked me if I was buying it today. I told him that I was still waiting for him to bring one for me to look at and test drive. I was told if I wasn’t going to buy it they had no fuc*ing time for me. I asked for his sales manager and asked how they stayed in business by telling their customers that they were too fuc*ing busy for them. He then told me that his staff was a bit busier than usual. I repeated the question and he looked at me puzzled. I’m guessing that was how they treated all their customers. Anyway I ended up buying a 1999 7.3 6 speed 4x4 extended cab Super Duty. A few days later I brought it by the chevy dealer and ran into the same 2 knuckleheads. They asked if that was the new F-250 and I said yes. They remarked”Wow, that must have been expensive.” I replied It’s a fully loaded 3/4 ton truck so it wasn’t cheap. It might have been a chevy but you two knuckleheads didn’t have the fuc*ing time! Then I laid a strip of rubber in their driveway and left. To this day she’s still in my driveway and gets driven a few times a week. 187,000 miles and going. I’m glad that I didn’t get the chevy. I have bought Ford vehicles since.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang

My dad bought his first " Foreign" car in 2007 when he bought a Nissan Murano.. He bought the top of the line Buick a couple years before and had all kinds of issues..Stuff like seat motors and window motors breaking all the time and he didn't drive a lot and took care of his cars.
He said it was a sad day in América.

I do think Ford has stepped up and hopefully GM has improved.

Heard a guy on the radio say in Japan they buy cars to last forever so they built them to last..Where here most people trade cars every 2 or 3 years so wasn't a drive to improve

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My dad bought his first " Foreign" car in 2007 when he bought a Nissan Murano.. He bought the top of the line Buick a couple years before and had all kinds of issues..Stuff like seat motors and window motors breaking all the time and he didn't drive a lot and took care of his cars.
He said it was a sad day in América.

I do think Ford has stepped up and hopefully GM has improved.

Heard a guy on the radio say in Japan they buy cars to last forever so they built them to last..Where here most people trade cars every 2 or 3 years so wasn't a drive to improve
We bought my wife’s Acadia brand new in 2018, have had zero issues outside of one issue where the car wasn’t recognizing the trans was in park. There was a TSB and it was fixed under warranty. Other than that it’s just been routine maintenance

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
We bought my wife’s Acadia brand new in 2018, have had zero issues outside of one issue where the car wasn’t recognizing the trans was in park. There was a TSB and it was fixed under warranty. Other than that it’s just been routine maintenance
I too have a 2020 Acadia and it’s a great vehicle.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I too have a 2020 Acadia and it’s a great vehicle.
The new 2024 pictures look really good. Can’t do a build & price on it yet though, hopefully sometime in 1Q 2024.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

I understand. I think sometimes it's tough when you become too familiar with a brand. There are a few things I wish certain car companies did differently. I have a buddy who used to own a Chevy Cobalt. He put something like 350,000 miles on that car. So they definitely weren't all bad.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Heard a guy on the radio say in Japan they buy cars to last forever so they built them to last.
Ironically you're no allowed to operate a 10 year old car without an extremely expensive "inspection" in Japan.

So pretty much all cars are less than 10 years old.

They then get shipped overseas. It's just that Japanese culture still has a very strong work ethic, and while pathological inability to confront higher ups, the captains of industry are when not engaging in fraud, are committed to preserving their honor and of their ancestors by having the best assembled cars. Because an unreliable vehicle is shameful and a disgrace.

Ps. Some of that ethos has warn off as the years have gone by..

Last edited:

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMO Mazda is still the best Japanese car brand.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Never owned a Mazda except the old ford courier pickup my dad had in the 80’s that said Mazda on the glass :)
Little truck was a work horse

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Agreed, I wish they had dealer presence in my area.

Their current lineup is pretty sexy across the board. I saw a new 3 the other day (black) that the owner had mostly debadged and added nice aftermarket black wheels; from a distance I thought it was something far more exotic (love the taillights). I was sort of surprised when I got closer to it and saw the Mazda badge on the rear and had to resort to some internet sleuthing to figure out what the thing was.

Another coworker has an older 3 sedan that has over 300K on the odo. It's his work beater (hour commute each way) and he's hit three deer with it, two of which totaled it and he bought it back to fix it and keep driving it. Beat up with its share of zipties, but still runs and drives like new. He's hoping it makes it to 400K but plans to run it into the ground if it keeps going.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, I wish they had dealer presence in my area.

Their current lineup is pretty sexy across the board. I saw a new 3 the other day (black) that the owner had mostly debadged and added nice aftermarket black wheels; from a distance I thought it was something far more exotic (love the taillights). I was sort of surprised when I got closer to it and saw the Mazda badge on the rear and had to resort to some internet sleuthing to figure out what the thing was.

Another coworker has an older 3 sedan that has over 300K on the odo. It's his work beater (hour commute each way) and he's hit three deer with it, two of which totaled it and he bought it back to fix it and keep driving it. Beat up with its share of zipties, but still runs and drives like new. He's hoping it makes it to 400K but plans to run it into the ground if it keeps going.
Great company. I’d just love to see them build another sports car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Great company. I’d just love to see them build another sports car.
With that new 3.3 turbo inline six....
Sponsored