MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m curious what direction GM goes with it. They were all in on the EV movement across all brands, I think they’ve since backed off a bit.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Ya, I read about the line finally shutting down. Sad. Tons of history. I'd like to think an archivist at Chevrolet and GM maintains a hoard of photos, documents and memorabilia.

Everything I know about the EV version of the Camaro, that's on hold. Pricing, current market and looking ahead to a softening economy in 2024 being at least a few of the contributing factors.

The topic caused me to read-up on Dodge's offerings. It appears the EV Challenger, possibly Charger, are still going to be released next year. I'll be interested to see how popular the new offerings are. And how the reception impacts the ICE Mustang.

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
GM will bring it back as a midsize crosssover EV. Because manufacturers seem to love making what no one wants.
Enthusiasts like us don't want them, but the tree hugging soccer mom crowd will buy the shit out of them.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hopefully GM learns from Ford and doesn't use the Camaro name on a car that Camaro fans will despise. Just use a different name, please.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Ya, I read about the line finally shutting down. Sad. Tons of history. I'd like to think an archivist at Chevrolet and GM maintains a hoard of photos, documents and memorabilia.

Everything I know about the EV version of the Camaro, that's on hold. Pricing, current market and looking ahead to a softening economy in 2024 being at least a few of the contributing factors.

The topic caused me to read-up on Dodge's offerings. It appears the EV Challenger, possibly Charger, are still going to be released next year. I'll be interested to see how popular the new offerings are. And how the reception impacts the ICE Mustang.
I always wondered where all the photos of the plants went then think about all the line workers just wanting to get the fvck out of there. It may have been pissa when they started but that doesn't last long on an assembly line. And the company may forbid taking pics for trade secret (LOL) and safety reasons.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I always wondered where all the photos of the plants went
https://www.ebay.com/str/onlyclassicsphotosandposters

This is one place I've found as a source of photos. I'm not sure what their relationship is with the industry, but they reproduce many photos we might be familiar with. They either own an archive or have access to one and pay royalties.

I've found a handful of stock photos I'm interested in. I'm sure there are other companies doing same. Haven't dug too deep into this topic yet.

Edit: For anyone interested in magazines, photos, brochures and advertisements, start spit-balling on EBay. Magazines are cool scores that are easy to find. Car brochures, sometimes, depending on what you're looking for. At the extreme, dealer marketing materials, like binder full of debut Boss 429 items, explaining how to sell the car. If you're interested in memorabilia, some kind of tie-in to your car or an era, odds are good you'll find something on EBay.

Last edited:

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Enthusiasts like us don't want them, but the tree hugging soccer mom crowd will buy the shit out of them.
One thing I will add is that at least in my day to day talking to people about EVs, not a single one has ever brought up environmental concerns either direction. I honestly just think it’s the flashy new tech everyone wants, like when the iPhone came out. About the only consistent thing I get from people about EVs is “they’re really fast!” Although I’m sure they are still out there, I think EVs have moved beyond the tree hugging Prius types.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Hopefully GM learns from Ford and doesn't use the Camaro name on a car that Camaro fans will despise. Just use a different name, please.
There’s no such thing as a sacred cow when profits are on the line.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
About the only consistent thing I get from people about EVs is “they’re really fast!” Although I’m sure they are still out there, I think EVs have moved beyond the tree hugging Prius types.
And even then, they're confusing "quick" for "fast".

EVs accelerate like nothing else, but outside of the supercar EVs (Taycan and higher), I don't think any of them are particularly fast around a track?
Sponsored