Recommended Jack Stands for GT350

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'd go with the quickjack 7000 and then your up locked and working in, on and under your car in no time.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Cannot get a mental picture of this, assuming write up has a missing event. Sounds like a 3 legged stool as posted?

Pep
I think he's lifting the car by putting the jack in the middle of the rail, putting the first stand (on each side) under the front of the rail and the second stand (on each side) under the pinch weld near the back. This puts more distance between the stands than you get if both stands (on each side) are under the rail, making it more stable front to back.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Cannot get a mental picture of this, assuming write up has a missing event. Sounds like a 3 legged stool as posted?

Pep
That's for one side. Then lower the car on to the two jack stands (front under jacking rail, rear under pinch weld), go to the other side, jack up from the middle of the rail, and place 2 more jackstands in the analogous positions.

The jacking rails make it really easy to get the car on all 4s for a quick tire rotation, oil change, or brake job.

Edit - @JAJ nailed it. What I'm advocating (vs. how the jacking rails are advertised) is continuing to use the rear pinch weld for support, which puts all 4 jack stands very close to the wheels. It's a very stable setup.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I use the full length BMR rails and aluminum jack stands from Northern I've had for 15 years that are left over from my racing days. Compact and super lightweight. Can't count how many times I have used them. On the Mustang and the race car I jack from the center of the rail and lift both tires off the ground at the same time. Weight isn't a concern of mine on a 3700# car with 435HP. If it was 2200# and 110HP race car that would be a different story.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200514332_200514332

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
That's for one side. Then lower the car on to the two jack stands (front under jacking rail, rear under pinch weld), go to the other side, jack up from the middle of the rail, and place 2 more jackstands in the analogous positions.

The jacking rails make it really easy to get the car on all 4s for a quick tire rotation, oil change, or brake job.

Edit - @JAJ nailed it. What I'm advocating (vs. how the jacking rails are advertised) is continuing to use the rear pinch weld for support, which puts all 4 jack stands very close to the wheels. It's a very stable setup.
That was clearly the case for the old Steeda rails that were not full length. I have the newer, low profile version that is also full length and you do not really have to use the rear pinch weld as it was the case before.

And to go back to the OP question, I also have those craftsman 4 tons and used them with a protector on my Boss rear axle. If I have to use pinch welds I have an old set of Griots they do not sell anymore that are awesome. I was also looking to get a new set, the low profile Esco's stood out but based on recent reviews their initial quality has been going downhill. Anybody is using these: https://www.amazon.com/Torin-Big-Aluminum-Jack-Stands/dp/B0007XTGCI ?
Sponsored