True Forged Jack Insert for GT350

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Save the pinch welds!

Gave it a try to see if they would work for the GT350 as they are popular on the S197 platforms. The rear position is perfect while the front position is not ideal (a bit rearward) yet it functions and lifts just fine. These are a must for those that track their car. And very handy for maintenance as well.

http://www.revanracing.com/products/true-forged-billet-jacking-insert.html

Rear jack position:

Front jack positon:

Sponsored

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
Very cool. Silly question but how would one jack the car without these? There are no jacking points?

BTW, I am patiently waiting for a 2017 so I can't just go to the garage and check. BTW, I do plan to track the car so need to figure this out as well.

Thanks,
Adam

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very cool. Silly question but how would one jack the car without these? There are no jacking points?

BTW, I am patiently waiting for a 2017 so I can't just go to the garage and check. BTW, I do plan to track the car so need to figure this out as well.

Thanks,
Adam
A floor jack under the same areas described but lifting directly on the pinch weld just damages them over time. The front could be lifted from the rearward k-member attachment points but it is also not ideal. These inserts just make everything so much easier and safer for you and the car.

Last edited:

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
Excellent! Makes sense and thanks for the prompt response. Looks like you need to purchase 4 then for our cars or do these not bolt on to the car? I guess I need to read the product description closer.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow

Thanks,
Adam
You would basically be jacking the car along the pinch welds. That's pretty typical. Obviously there are specific points along the weld that are designated as the jacking points. Going with jacking rails or something like the OP did is great if you're jacking the car up a lot just to keep from damaging anything.

Typically, a basic jack like what would be in the trunk of the car, would have a notch so that you're not actually lifting up on the pinch weld, but rather both flat parts on either side of it. However, a lot of floor jacks and jack stands I've seen, don't account for this very well and may actually be putting most if not all of the weight on the weld itself. Personally, I would never put a jack stand on the pinch weld but I've definitely seen it done before. Not a good idea, especially over time!

Sponsored

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent! Makes sense and thanks for the prompt response. Looks like you need to purchase 4 then for our cars or do these not bolt on to the car? I guess I need to read the product description closer.
Just to clarify:

The jack insert is not attached. In the one picture it is held up with some tape which you cannot see. I can see a need for two (lift one side of the car) but four would only be if you intend to put the entire car in the air.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Ok, stupid question...what are those extended plastic pieces extending inward in front of the rear tires?? Is that to
aid in aero drag? The first time I saw that I thought a trim piece got dislodged

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I've been using a poly puck with a slit that I bought on eBay for awhile now

It was 4 bucks

No splitting or anything, I've gotten one for all of my friends too

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score