Sponsored

Project | My Little Pony

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
All the other awesome titles were taken.....:D

I put down an order for a UA Black 5.0 on 8/30, I received a build week of 11/18 and lived the amazing "cotus experience" :frusty:
The cotus experience was full of ups and downs and finally recieved my car 12/1.

Day 1 of delivery!

List of mods
LED swap from Diode Dynamics (Interior, switch back, and backup light)
Redline hood struts.
SCT x4 tuner (no tunes just yet, might have big plans for her soon)
Forgestar F14s 20x9 rears 275/35, 20x11 315/35
Steeda Springs
CQuartz coating
weathertech floor mats
Kooks ABs
Amsoil Signature series 10w30
15% front 5% rear carbon tint
sto n sho license plate
UPR oil separator

Pending shipment

ARH LT headers / ORX - Big thanks to Jayman@Hypermotive for the excellent customer service!
Steeda CAI

Here are some quick shots I took along the way.

I first did the wheels and took her out for a quick drive.
The first thing I noticed about the car, was how smooth/floaty the ride was compared to my 2012.

Ready for the Steeda springs!

Rear

Half way there

New stance!
I am in LOVE with the springs so far! They gave the car a great stance and no matter how hard I try, I cant get the wheels to rub.:clap2:
The Steeda springs gave the car a more connected feel and removed the numb floaty feeling of the factory springs.

Pre quartz coating.

Post coating

Here is a pic someone took of the car, I wish I could have the original rez.

I think today might be my last day with my 2012.:( ***3/6/15

Added Little Ruby Red Riding Hood to the stable. 3/7/15

That is all for now, I hope to keep updating as the mods come in.:thumbsup:

Other rides
04 sti
Currently at the shop for unexpected ringland failure. :frusty:

The car is coming back with a built motor, ported heads , valvetrain , cams , HTZ 3586 , id2000 fuel injectors FMIC etc etc. All I know, is that the sti car is keeping me from my turbo 5.0 dream.:doh:

The sti is a fun little car, she blew at about 320 awhp. Here is the car taking on a Mach1 in my trip to Paris Mexico.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Very clean and tasteful, good job! Wish the pictures weren't so damn small though :doh:

OP
OP
Laztug

Laztug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol click the pic to make them larger.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Must know wheel offsets

Sponsored

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Now that I've looked at the pictures for a good 30 minutes....

Did you put the Quartz coating on the entire car? Rough cost if I may ask? Can it be waxed and/or worked over with a DA polisher?

Love the wheels, probably one of the few combinations so far that i actually like!

That's going to be a nice Subaru when you're done with it. Just installed a Kraftwerks SC and full Namless exhaust on my friends BRZ this weekend. I've been eyeing a WRX as a winter car myself for next year but am waiting to see what the early '16 MY offers.

Again, good job!! :headbang:

OP
OP
Laztug

Laztug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone!

Yes I got the whole car quartz coated, I paid $250 for the coating. It was multiple coats and had a long curing time in between coats. I believe an hour or two.

the coating seems to work like a second clear coat.
http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-kit...campaign=CSE&gclid=CJr8qv7ftcICFQgGaQod4qsAkQ

Supercharged BRZ?! Sounds like the start to a fun story, the hp to weight ratio on that thing must be amazing.
If you do decide to go with a sti / wrx make sure you read up on the year. I wish I would of.:doh: Turns out 04-13 sti's have weak pistons / rods.
I was told subaru had fixed the issue for 2014.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Thanks everyone!

Yes I got the whole car quartz coated, I paid $250 for the coating. It was multiple coats and had a long curing time in between coats. I believe an hour or two.

the coating seems to work like a second clear coat.
http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-kit...campaign=CSE&gclid=CJr8qv7ftcICFQgGaQod4qsAkQ

Supercharged BRZ?! Sounds like the start to a fun story, the hp to weight ratio on that thing must be amazing.
If you do decide to go with a sti / wrx make sure you read up on the year. I wish I would of.:doh: Turns out 04-13 sti's have weak pistons / rods.
I was told subaru had fixed the issue for 2014.
That's actually not as bad as I had thought. For the results I am seeing in the pictures it is definitely something I will consider for my car. I took a look at the product details in the link you posted but unfortunately it doesn't say much about what you can and cannot do :shrug: It just says avoid automatic car washes :doh:

After we loaded in the tune and made sure everything was in good shape he took it out for a test drive. I don't scare easily in cars but in such a small car with that amount of power I almost shit my pants haha.
I'd probably be looking at the '15/16 MY for the WRX. Still not completely sold on the looks but from a practicality standpoint it's hard to be the value.

About those Steeda springs, the front looks to have a slightly larger wheel gap. Does the car itself sit level and that is just the difference in tire height?

OP
OP
Laztug

Laztug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good ole' EJ motor, gotta love Subaru lol

Our lead engineer bought a 2015 STi back in September (or Oct.)

Great cars IMO, can't wait to see our EB run with his STi next year

Nick C.
That STi looks amazing!
No one will hate on my STi more than me...but I love that pos. I have had sooooo many people eat their words about the car. Maybe thats why its broken.:D

Looks so clean! Love the stance with the Steeda springs! :clap2:
The is getting tinted now 15%front 5% rear. I will have more pics of the stance this weekend.
Thanks for the gift Steeda! It was a pleasant surprise.:thumbsup:

That's actually not as bad as I had thought. For the results I am seeing in the pictures it is definitely something I will consider for my car. I took a look at the product details in the link you posted but unfortunately it doesn't say much about what you can and cannot do :shrug: It just says avoid automatic car washes :doh:

After we loaded in the tune and made sure everything was in good shape he took it out for a test drive. I don't scare easily in cars but in such a small car with that amount of power I almost shit my pants haha.
I'd probably be looking at the '15/16 MY for the WRX. Still not completely sold on the looks but from a practicality standpoint it's hard to be the value.

About those Steeda springs, the front looks to have a slightly larger wheel gap. Does the car itself sit level and that is just the difference in tire height?
Hmm I just read about the car wash, makes me wonder if the coat will last two years. I am sure they just dont want anything too abrasive rubbing on the coat.
I feel like the car sits lower up front, despite the wheel gap. I will try and snap some better pics of the car soon.

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
Are there any extra steps required when it comes time to reapply?

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium PP
How are those 315's in the back doing? Any rubbing. I'm looking at doing those forgestars on my black gt but in gloss gunmetal. Was gonna do 305/30 in the back buy if 315's don't rub I might as well do that
Sponsored