Sponsored

Project 8: My 18 V8 project

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
From what you can tell, is the frame bent at all or just the front supports beams? I know the saying is always if there's frame damage you'd rather replace than repair, but whichever way they go, hopefully it is cleared up quick to move you along.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Sorry to hear and see that Zack! Glad you’re ok though.

I’d say with the amount of damage in those pics - plus the fact multiple air bags deployed, it may fall into the totaled category.

Is the dash over the passenger side air bag damaged? In some vehicles when that airbag goes off, it can also damage the dash assembly.
From what I can tell, no damage to the dash.

From what you can tell, is the frame bent at all or just the front supports beams? I know the saying is always if there's frame damage you'd rather replace than repair, but whichever way they go, hopefully it is cleared up quick to move you along.
The upper frame rail on the passenger side is buckled behind the shock tower which likely tweaked the tower as well.

Adjuster came out and came up with a $19k plus initial repair estimate. Repair has to hit $23k before totaled but adjuster said it likely will be totaled due to the potential of hidden damage. Will know more tomorrow/early next week.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
And the verdict is in..... Totaled from a 25-30 mph impact.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Toying with the idea of a PP eco. I think it would be a better daily then the GT. My 70 Boss 302 is about to become a 429 so I will not be loosing out on V8 power. Just don't know if I can get over the sound of the EB. Will have to test drive.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
And the verdict is in..... Totaled from a 25-30 mph impact.
Welp, at least you're not going to be stuck with a repaired car. Some of the Eco exhaust options sound okay, but nowhere near what you came up with for the GT.

Good luck with the shopping, don't let it being winter sway you at all in what you get!

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Welp, at least you're not going to be stuck with a repaired car. Some of the Eco exhaust options sound okay, but nowhere near what you came up with for the GT.

Good luck with the shopping, don't let it being winter sway you at all in what you get!
Yea that is what I have came up with in my search... Ok exhausts but nothing truly good. The eco would be much better IMO if it had more of a boxer rumble.

Like I said, the GT was a great car! Loved it, but it just was not as practical as a daily as I would have liked it to be and my vehicle had that engine rattle... That rattle is what is really turning me away from the GTs for now. I am concerned about what it could become down the road with more miles.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So test drove a few cars today.... EB is a no go... Was not impressed what so ever. Camaro V6 was actually pretty damn good. Trying to see if I can't find another V6 Mustang though. Plan would be to do everything to it that I did not do to the last one. That would include some form of boost whether it be super or turbocharging, LCD cluster, body upgrades such as fenders/hood, etc... They want crazy high prices for the V6 now though. Anything with less then 30k miles is 17k+.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=222127133

Pretty close to your last one iirc and really low miles on it, especially as a 15.

Also, I vote for turbos and big wing to account for turbo rice life.

I didn't get to test a V6 Camaro, but the 4 was not fun to me at all when I took that for a spin.
Did not test drive the 4 but the V6 was actually pretty fun. The visibility is not AS bad as I was expecting but it is still pretty poor.

The plan with the Mustang 6 would be to do the 3.5 ecoboost turbo swap similar to Kody. Now that I know some of the issues he ran into, I am hoping to correct that with my build. So things like ported exhaust manifolds/exhaust ball joints will be high on the list to try to mitigate back pressure issues. Thinking about swapping the rad out for an EB unit as well and then being able to run a factory location FMIC from an EB (still need to do some research on that front to make sure the EB units out there can handle the volume). Also looking into what differences the Gen 2 3.5s have turbo and exhaust manifold wise.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
That sucks to hear, man. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with your next build. An EcoBoost V6 S550 is definitely an awesome plan!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
What are they giving you for a check?
Have not heard from the total loss department yet.... Actually getting annoyed by the fact that I have not heard anything... Will be calling later today.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Just to give everyone an update..... Insurance claims are never fun....

Tuesday 12/11

Had to call my adjuster at Nationwide back since I had not heard anything. Had to get managers involved in order for them to send me the vehicle evaluation. Evaluation was low with their "comparable" vehicles either already sold or lesser options (manuals instead of autos)

I sent back 3 comparable vehicles I found and they immediately disregarded them.

Wednesday 12/12

Called claim adjuster and left message. Again had to get managers involved to hear back from her. Sent more comparable vehicles her way and again she disregarded them. Says they were not comparable and that the ones they found are good. Her manager then sends me an email with even more "comparables". AGAIN ALL Manuals....

So here we are, 3 days after the evaluation with them fighting to justify how a manual 2018 is comparable to my 10 speed 2018 in terms of value. Not to mention the fact that I have saved them money by having it towed to my house and for doing an initial teardown for the adjuster. Both of these things they would have had to pay storage fees and labor fees for easily totaling over the difference in value we are fighting over.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Doesn’t sound like Nationwide is on your side...

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Doesn’t sound like Nationwide is on your side...
Not at all....

Finally got the updated evaluation... Got my $1k. Things move quite quickly when you start mentioning "bad faith" and "deception" to the supervisor.

Car was evaluated at $31.5k with 13k miles.
Sponsored