Sponsored

Just Finished My Project

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
As with most projects, the planning, research & funding takes longer than the actual wrenching. But as Hannibal says in the tv show A Team: I love it when a plan comes together! Started out with a Ford Motorsports strut tower brace & Steeda's G-Trac K member. Those 2 additions did make a slight change in handling. As the funding allowed, I pieced together Steeda's ultra-light jacking rails, bumpsteer kit, bumpstop/jounce kit, sport progressive springs, pro-action non-adjustable shocks/struts, BMR CB005 lockout kit & SCB766 rear cradle bushing kit, & Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates. The installation wasn't too bad, just time consuming; it took the better part of an afternoon to do the rear suspension & remove the front struts. I didn't order new spring seats for the springs, so I had to get the old springs removed to reuse them. Had a friend who's local car tech install my springs & later he did the alignment. First time driving impression was wow! I find that the steering is a bit stiffer in the sport mode, which is where I prefer it. Also, the holeshot is much more aggressive: the rear tires stick to the pavement. On asphalt, it's not hard to lay rubber.... This project was fun to do, although the next day after the rear suspension task, I felt my age, forgetting what carport wrenching can do to an out of physical shape older guy! Thanks to Bluemustang, Steeda's sales & techs & everyone on this site for ideas such as what to expect & their technical information. Keep the info going for those who follow! (I think a headers project idea just wandered into my subconscious...)
Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
SOunds good! A good thread always has pictures.... :clap::like:

OP
OP
mindo389

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the installed products:
20200515_144601.jpg
20200515_171403.jpg
20200515_144227.jpg

OP
OP
mindo389

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had to find a low profile jack that would fit underneath my car. I found a scissors jack at Walmart for about $25. Cheap but I can keep it in my trunk, just in case...
Sponsored