Sponsored

Procharger P1X

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Not as crazy as I thought. 10psi with BAP and injector. What did they rev to?
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Doesn't matter what the blower is 10 lbs is 10 lbs gonna make the same power. It would appear this new blower is capable of much more. Something in between D1SC, and F series.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Doesn't matter what the blower is 10 lbs is 10 lbs gonna make the same power. It would appear this new blower is capable of much more. Something in between D1SC, and F series.
Not quite, CFM comes into play when you are looking at boost. 10psi from a P1SC is not the same from a D1SC that flows I think around 200 CFM more.

If all PSI was the same we would see the same peak numbers across the platforms. But you typically see 700+ out of a 8/9psi turbo set up vs 650 from a 11/12 psi Procharged. Volume matters.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Not quite, CFM comes into play when you are looking at boost. 10psi from a P1SC is not the same from a D1SC that flows I think around 200 CFM more.

If all PSI was the same we would see the same peak numbers across the platforms. But you typically see 700+ out of a 8/9psi turbo set up vs 650 from a 11/12 psi Procharged. Volume matters.
Though that is somewhat true the reason a turbo makes more power is because it takes power to turn a supercharger. Not the same as a turbo.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I think this supercharger would be between the P1-SC and D1SC. The D1 is still capable of higher horsepower. If you watched the show the impeller is vastly different.

Sponsored

MK5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic
The power gains you saw on that episode are just how the STG2 systems now come right out of the box. 95lb injectors, Fuel Pump Booster, and Tuning. :)

I was the one that was there at the shows filming, and watched them load the tune. ;)... The hosts were super stoked in how easy the install was, and that it made WAY more then the power gains we told them it would.

Pat asked me what it will pick up, and I stated over 200.
Well, it gain 271 HP I think. ;) .....(don't remember exactly)
Wow those are great numbers! So if I order the stage II kit, does it now come with the new ProCharger P1 as we saw on the show? In other words, how can I order the exact kit I saw on that show? Does that kit come with new cooler spark plugs as well?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Though that is somewhat true the reason a turbo makes more power is because it takes power to turn a supercharger. Not the same as a turbo.
This.

And it takes the exact same CFM on the same engine to make the same psi of boost. Just because the blower is capable of higher CFM means nothing. At the same boost level the engine can only still consume the same cfm.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I think this supercharger would be between the P1-SC and D1SC. The D1 is still capable of higher horsepower. If you watched the show the impeller is vastly different.
There is not much room between p1, and d1. The impeller is vastly different because it is much more aggressive like the F series Prochargertech referred to. More radical cuts instead of the fairly straight and quite impellers like the P series.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
This.

And it takes the exact same CFM on the same engine to make the same psi of boost. Just because the blower is capable of higher CFM means nothing. At the same boost level the engine can only still consume the same cfm.

I agree but couldn't one supercharger be more efficient and require less HP to make the same boost. In that case I could see one making more power at the same boost.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I agree but couldn't one supercharger be more efficient and require less HP to make the same boost. In that case I could see one making more power at the same boost.
Technically yes, but unless comparing very different blowers its very miniscule differences. With that said if you were to only make the same 10 lbs with an F3 it would make less power as that's not its efficiency range to be way underspun, and takes more power to spin it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Technically yes, but unless comparing very different blowers its very miniscule differences. With that said if you were to only make the same 10 lbs with an F3 it would make less power as that's not its efficiency range to be way underspun, and takes more power to spin it.
Have you seen efficiency range charts for their blowers?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I'm not sure if such a thing exists outside of Procharger if at all.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I'm not sure if such a thing exists outside of Procharger if at all.
It doesn't. ;) We try to technical stuff close to heart.
If a person every wants to know whats the best blower for their application.
We are a phone call, or email away. :)

But pushing the envelope.... is what helps us WIN!

ProChargers won ALL THREE power adder class Championships this year in the NMRA!
That should say something.... don't even get us started on records. :)

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Looks like you are correct! The P1X is filling that small gap.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
There is a legitimate difference between blower sizes. The best way to think about it is in terms of injectors, if you're familiar. Don't pay attention to the technicalities too much, but 60lb injectors at 95% duty cycle can make the same amount of power as ID1000's at 60% duty cycle. So while you're making the same power with two different parts, efficiency and part reliability separates them.

The D1 and P1X will make power easier with less part stress over the P1SC. Heat will be less of a factor on the bigger blowers and thus IAT's, Timing, and Power will be more proper in those situations. But this is also assuming you're running more then 10lbs which is where the big blowers shine.
Sponsored