Sponsored

Pressure Washer for "Foam Cannon"

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I know I'm late to the party here, but I just finished up my new Active 2.0 setup. Had to get some parts from OG, but mostly from Amazon and the local Home Depot. I can say this setup is a huge improvement over my old Adams power washer. The ease and convenience of a wall mounted system really does make washing the car a better experience.

6C37F70A-D5EC-4DBD-B930-B4FB80DDB52C.jpeg
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I know I'm late to the party here, but I just finished up my new Active 2.0 setup. Had to get some parts from OG, but mostly from Amazon and the local Home Depot. I can say this setup is a huge improvement over my old Adams power washer. The ease and convenience of a wall mounted system really does make washing the car a better experience.

How’s your water hardness? I’ve been using a CR Spotless for wash and rinse and I won’t ever wash without it now lol.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
How’s your water hardness? I’ve been using a CR Spotless for wash and rinse and I won’t ever wash without it now lol.
Hardness is terrible here in Arizona. Ive heard approaching 400 ppm. I'm actually contemplating a CR Spotless unit to go with what I've already got. Just the thought of only 200-300 gallons of water requiring a resin change is a big deterrent. That's going to get expensive very fast.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hardness is terrible here in Arizona. Ive heard approaching 400 ppm. I'm actually contemplating a CR Spotless unit to go with what I've already got. Just the thought of only 200-300 gallons of water requiring a resin change is a big deterrent. That's going to get expensive very fast.
Get the down tube mod for the DIC 20 and you won’t need to buy the expensive cartridges. You can buy the resin in bulk and mix it yourself plus the canisters will hold much more resin without the wasted space of the cartridge housing.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Get yourself a TDS meter from Amazon, very useful to know -

Amazon.com : TDS Meter

Screenshot-42.png

tdsl101.jpg

I'm very lucky to have good water quality and low TDS where I live, negating the need for a DI system.

IMG_4450.jpg

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
NINETY-TWO! D, you have some mighty soft municipal water, assuming that you don't have a a whole house softener or other softening rig. I'm lucky if I can get our water down to 300 with both whole house and a second set of softener carts in the cabinet.

As for the CR Spotless, I just changed carts and it had been thirteen months. In that time, I probably had twenty-five wash sessions.

Regarding manually charging the two containers with resin directly, all I can say is do it in your yard because those resin beads with just a LITTLE spill, can go EVERYWHERE and on concrete, that is not good for walking. I do think it's a good idea getting more resin in the tubes but for me, too big of a mess potential for saving a few bucks and gaining a couple months of wash time.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
NINETY-TWO! D, you have some mighty soft municipal water, assuming that you don't have a a whole house softener or other softening rig. I'm lucky if I can get our water down to 300 with both whole house and a second set of softener carts in the cabinet.

As for the CR Spotless, I just changed carts and it had been thirteen months. In that time, I probably had twenty-five wash sessions.

Regarding manually charging the two containers with resin directly, all I can say is do it in your yard because those resin beads with just a LITTLE spill, can go EVERYWHERE and on concrete, that is not good for walking. I do think it's a good idea getting more resin in the tubes but for me, too big of a mess potential for saving a few bucks and gaining a couple months of wash time.
I live in a small to medium sized "rural" town with 3 rivers snaking around the district. We have some of the best water quality in the country apparently.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here is mine from the local water authority :

1675247575726.png

1675247631980.png

1675247668122.png

1675247692316.png

1675247711338.png

I think the important one is 'Hardness Clarke' which converts to 19.96 TDS :

1675247791585.png

Have I got this right ? and if so, what do I win ... :giggle:

WD :like:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
MOG, WD!!! I am so, so, SO envious of your water and D's! That is simply unbelievable..WOW.

We had an e coli scare quite a few years ago and ever since, the water department has clobbered the water with chemicals but even so, the river water we get is also quite hard.

High TDS water is an insidious enemy aside from the calcium rings around fixtures and of course, car washing, but it can be very hard on essentially any type of plumbing.

Must be nice.. <grinning>

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Our water supply mostly comes from here (Thirlmere, 80 miles away in the lake district) :

1675248422519.png

Supported by some of our local reservoirs (Rivington, 7 miles away) :

1675248670388.png

I've swam, walked, ran and cycled around most of the places our water comes from, Ironman UK even uses the road that divides the reservoirs in the second photo.

There is a good reason that the UK lead acid battery manufacturing plants were in this area and tapped into that supply :wink:

People haven't believed me when I have said I don't need to dry a car down to prevent water spots, the only need I have to dry a car is if I am going for an ultimate detail or if its a bit breezy and dust is likely to settle in any standing water before it dries.

22 years in this house - still on the original kettle and washing machine with no internal calcium or lime build up etc

WD :like:

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
this is my local supply, seems ok but i still can't wash the car properly...........

1675265608230.png

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible

Chris, This is THE set up i'm planning. Can you please elaborate ? ( I'm more than ok for the Active 2.0) but about intake stainless water hose, hose reel, the hose and also the stainless support?

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Chris, This is THE set up i'm planning. Can you please elaborate ? ( I'm more than ok for the Active 2.0) but about intake stainless water hose, hose reel, the hose and also the stainless support?
Here you go. This should be just about everything:

Hose reel:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004E3W4QW?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Shelf:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086ZDYG8...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Stainless 90 deg for outlet of Active 2.0 to jumper hose:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DP95QWG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

75' hose:
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/og-hose-upgrade-kit?variant=41382318637207

3' Jumper hose kit with stainless quick connect:
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/coll...ssed-garage-3-8-high-pressure-jumper-hose-kit

Stainless garden hose quick connects:
https://www.amazon.com/MTM-Hydro-St...&sprefix=stainless+garden+hose,aps,221&sr=8-6

Stainless appliance inlet hose (from hose valve to inlet of pressure washer):
https://www.homedepot.com/p/CERTIFI...ess-Steel-Water-Inlet-Hose-WI12SSFM/309398128

Mosmatic swiveling gun:
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/coll...with-quick-disconnects?variant=39171164340375

4.5 opening nozzle kit:
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/coll...tainless-nozzle-4-pack?variant=15889140351048

MTM foam cannon:
https://www.amazon.com/Veloci-Hydro...mzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

You can also just order the Obsessed Garage kit if you don't want to source individually. I did it piecemeal because I already had the pressure washer, foam cannon, gun, etc. I ran a dedicated 20 amp circuit, but the active will work on a standard 15 amp outlet too. I ran my plumbing inside the wall, then put 2x6's in between the studs so I had something solid to drill into to mount the hose reel and shelf after I replaced the drywall. Not the easiest of projects, but well worth the effort.