Pirelli Woes

Fred Larson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Now that colder weather is here, I have concluded that the Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires that came on my GT are just about worthless for acceleration. A light foot is required to avoid issues. Thinking about ditching them for some Continental DWS 06 Plus, as I do want to retain all-season tires.
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Solid choice. Would be what I recommend for sure. That or the Michelin Pilot All Season 4's. They are excellent too. I had a set on my PP wheels (just sold them a few weeks ago) they gripped and drove excellent.

3szoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Both are really solid tires, but I think the PS4s are just a little bit better. For reference they come as the OEM tire for the C8 Vette. Either way you can't go wrong.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Tirerack was recently running an incredible deal on the continentals. Kind of makes the choice obvious if the deal is still ongoing.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The Eagle F1 asymmetric and the newer version are very good also.

Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I like the Michelin all-seasons (on my car now as my cold-weather tires), but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Continentals. Basically, whichever I could get the best deal on.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I love my Continental DWS 06 Plus.

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
I've got the Pilot All Seasons on my 2020 GT and love the handlining and the ride.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Now that colder weather is here, I have concluded that the Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires that came on my GT are just about worthless for acceleration. A light foot is required to avoid issues. Thinking about ditching them for some Continental DWS 06 Plus, as I do want to retain all-season tires.
I know what you mean. I went out the other week and at half-throttle I could feel my back end getting loose despite traction control being on. I'm looking at the Continentals myself, but probably will wait until my tires are more worn out (still have 7/32" left).

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
Can't go wrong with either DSW06 or the Pilot All Seasons, but my vote goes to the Pilot's. Equal if not better traction than the DSW06 in all conditions and they are way less "squishy". The DSW06 tends to have a odd soft feel that isn't present in the Michelins.

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
.......will wait until my tires are more worn out (still have 7/32" left).
You know how to fix that, right? 😜

I couldn't wait. I ditched those P-Zeros for DSW06s and never looked back.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at the Continentals myself, but probably will wait until my tires are more worn out (
Why? That's the same rationale used by battered women. Jettison garbage once you admit to yourself you have garbage. There is no merit badge for sticking with an inferior product.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Why? That's the same rationale used by battered women. Jettison garbage once you admit to yourself you have garbage. There is no merit badge for sticking with an inferior product.
I suppose the reason is that the car just got over 5,000 miles now and I don't drive it hard except once in a great while when it's warm, not to mention the fact that it took me until after I retired to be able to buy the base model in the first place and don't have money to throw away tires that are still ok for "normal" driving. Social Security doesn't pay much as I didn't make 6 figures in my 44+ year career so I have to weigh things out. Besides, if I was really full-on optimizing the car, I'd probably do lots of mods to the suspension, engine, etc. which I know people who have spent thousands on it. I'm just happy to drive a car this strong with fantastic fuel economy for the power but once the tires get a little more worn, I'll upgrade them with tires that I won't have to worry about when driving hard. (I know how to wear them out as I've spun them a few times easily with traction control off, but I have to find spots w/o highway patrol guys... can't afford the tickets either :))
Sponsored