Sponsored

Pirelli Tires

50racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black/Black GT Premium A10 PP1 Magnaride
The stock Pirelli tires were worn to nothing at 10000 miles on my F150. When they were replaced the guys at the tire place said they replace them all the time. They do not last. I just got the stang a couple weeks ago so I don't have any say one way or another on the stock mustang Pirellis
Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I think the Pzeros aren't bad. I've done some pretty aggressive mountain driving on mine and they really stuck, didn't really come close to breaking them loose in a turn. I have the PP summer only tires.

Had the A/S Pzero/Nero's on my 12 GT. Those were not nearly as sticky and would break loose easily and produce squeals even easier. Winter traction wasn't too good either, but they would work in snow if you were careful.

Agree with others; there are better tires out there for the money, but these aren't really bad tires in my opinion.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I am personally not a fan of Pirelli unless for a few things

1. its the only tire in that size
or if its the Super Trofeo or the Corsa tire

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Part of the issue with stock tires is that auto manufacturers often have tires built specifically for their application with certain standards and specs in mind, but want them as cheap as possible.

Because of this, tire manufacturers have to cut corners to please the auto makers and at the end of the day they end up being shitty in one area but good in another area to make the tires cost what the auto manufacturers tell the tire manufactures they will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phillip123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang v6.
Part of the issue with stock tires is that auto manufacturers often have tires built specifically for their application with certain standards and specs in mind, but want them as cheap as possible.

Because of this, tire manufacturers have to cut corners to please the auto makers and at the end of the day they end up being shitty in one area but good in another area to make the tires cost what the auto manufacturers tell the tire manufactures they will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i agree.
I also think a lot has to do with politics on relation tire manufacturer-auto manufacturer.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Yeah i agree.
I also think a lot has to do with politics on relation tire manufacturer-auto manufacturer.
politics controls everything in the wheel industry man, trust me I know.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Really they just need some heat in them to get some grip.

At the track, they grip almost as well as a DOT-R, when properly heated. Only problem is, as a street tire, it is very tough to keep them right at that temperature. They warm up after half a lap or so at VIR, but after 8-10 laps they are getting too hot and squishy. The long straightaways help, but if I had full aero, I would need to change tires.

I run the all season P-Zero's in the cooler months and have no issues. They are close to as good as the Conti DWS

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
I have no complaints with p-zeros on my pp

When they warm up they're like glue
They do seem to adhere well when properly warmed up and driven in warm ambient temperatures. I think that the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are a better overall "Fit" as far as adhesion and confidence go though to include cooler temperatures and other than dry road conditions.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I am guessing that I have either all season tires, or summer tires. I really don't know which.
Is it really the Pirellis? Or is this car just Too light is the ass end?
Well, first I think you should find out if they are A/S or Summer. Just look them up.

Second, unless you suddenly lifted the throttle (and you said you didn't), then the back end shouldn't suddenly step out. With a front engine, rear drive car, it shouldn't oversteer while you are on the gas.

What speed would you estimate you were going?
Sponsored