Performance Pack Spare Tire

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Well F all you guys you jinxed me!... jk I had to use my spare tire kit for the first time this morning. Less than 5k on my new tires and one blew heading into work. The automotive authority kit works well. I remember when I bought it i was thinking maybe i should put a breaker bar in the trunk with it. It's kinda of a short handle for wheels torqued to 150lbs. I forgot and never did but to my surprise it cracked them loose no problem. Still made it to work on time!
Sponsored

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
Great to hear it worked well. I installed my spare in the trunk last Saturday...feel better about it back there.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
For me the Automotive Authority Kit is peace of mind. No way in hell I am trusting a towing company to not damage my car. Especially with FP springs and the PP2 front lip.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Get a retractable Gorilla breaker bar to go along with your spiffy spare. You'll thank me later.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
hmm does the one at livermoreford fit with the performance packs?

Having clearance for the brembo brakes are important.

Im guessing it does since it also lists the gt350's under the body/trms.

EcoBoost, EcoBoost Premium, GT, GT Premium, Shelby GT350, Shelby GT350R

500 bucks for a spare tire/wheel is outrageous.

According to feedback/reviews on Amazon for the same part, it does not work with PP/Brembo setups (not sure why it shows GT350, I think that's an error).

I mean, you could do some kind of wheel/tire shuffle if it was a front that was out - you know, if a rear would fit on the front. Hahaha, I guess you also have a 50/50 chance of it being a rear tire where it's a direct fit.

Sponsored

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've read suggestions about if the front tire is flat then first jack the rear up and put the non Brembo spare on there
Then jack up the front and put the rear tire on there.
That's removing and install tires twice.
This is what I plan on doing to get myself out of trouble. Thankfully I've been lifting and cycling since I was 20 (thats 37 years ago) so I will invite the workout. I'll also add some modern technology to it and have my Dewalt Drill charged with the proper sockets whenever I travel for ripping thru the wrench twisting to jack the car and remove lugs.

YoungGT18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Good god, for 500 dollars I'll just keep paying for AAA because I'll probably get rid of the car before the membership costs me as much as that kit.
I just ordered my spare tire kit (tire and jack) from my Ford Dealership for $225.00 before taxes. Pretty low cost for the peace of mind of having a spare

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I just ordered my spare tire kit (tire and jack) from my Ford Dealership for $225.00 before taxes. Pretty low cost for the peace of mind of having a spare
That's great. I understood that they will only fit on the rear and won't fit the Brembos. Is that correct?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That's great. I understood that they will only fit on the rear and won't fit the Brembos. Is that correct?
Yes that is correct. For a front tire puncture you will need to put a back tire on the front and the spare in the rear.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Yes that is correct. For a front tire puncture you will need to put a back tire on the front and the spare in the rear.
Perfect. Thanks for the clarification. Seems that i will have to go the AAA route.

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the $400.00 priced spare, source a used 19X4" spare tire/wheel assy for a Hyundai Equus. I used Car Parts dot com for one and got one shipped for $115.00. Your local junk yard may have them too. The only thing that need to be done is to have the hub bored to fit the Mustang, the machining cost me $40.00. So for me, it was $155.00 instead of $400.00. The idea of the Equus spare tire assy was NOT my idea. I found the information on this forum posted by another member.

20200220_154923.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
what's the clearance to caliper front face?