Sponsored

Spare Tire option

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
No you don't need any spacers if all wheels are 19x9. 19x9 fit on front or rear without spacers.

You might be surprised about people wanting to swap. I found someone here on this forum quickly that was local. He wanted 19x9.5 square set up.
I had posted about the fact that I might buy 2- 19x9 wheels and tires and sell 2- 19x9.5 wheels and tires. Someone responded asking how much I would sell them for and then we decided to just trade. Saved both of us a lot of money!
Oh ok, so no spacers needed if going 19x9 all around.

As for who would be willing to do this in late summer/early fall when I buy...I guess I'd have to see at that time. Then it would just be a matter of keeping a 19" wheel mounted/balanced and ready to go. I'd proably only throw it in the trunk if needing to go out of town. Since it's just my wife and I with out 4 year old son (who should fit fine in the back seat)...we can throw the the suit-case or bags in the other rear seat.

However, this ONLY works if someone is willing to do a trade and has the PP wheels. That's got to be an awfully miniscule population! Around here I might see a 15 Mustang once a week. Don't think I've seen a PP one on any of the roads/highways yet.

So I'll say what I said before...I don't see this as an easy task and I think you got lucky.

-Emt1581
Sponsored

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
Oh ok, so no spacers needed if going 19x9 all around.
As for who would be willing to do this in late summer/early fall when I buy...I guess I'd have to see at that time. Then it would just be a matter of keeping a 19" wheel mounted/balanced and ready to go. I'd proably only throw it in the trunk if needing to go out of town. Since it's just my wife and I with out 4 year old son (who should fit fine in the back seat)...we can throw the the suit-case or bags in the other rear seat.

However, this ONLY works if someone is willing to do a trade and has the PP wheels. That's got to be an awfully miniscule population! Around here I might see a 15 Mustang once a week. Don't think I've seen a PP one on any of the roads/highways yet.

So I'll say what I said before...I don't see this as an easy task and I think you got lucky.

-Emt1581
Yes probably I did get lucky... maybe post about a trade after you get yours.
I had thought about buying a full size spare also but decided I wanted something in the car always (that fit in the spare tire well)....did not want to wait on tow trucks or fill one of my tires with goo.

From what I read here in some earlier topics it seemed the majority think that riding on spare below 50 mph for a short while would not hurt the Torsen. But now that I am reading about this again I decided to email them. I will post back if they reply.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes probably I did get lucky... maybe post about a trade after you get yours.
I had thought about buying a full size spare also but decided I wanted something in the car always (that fit in the spare tire well)....did not want to wait on tow trucks or fill one of my tires with goo.

From what I read here in some earlier topics it seemed the majority think that riding on spare below 50 mph for a short while would not hurt the Torsen. But now that I am reading about this again I decided to email them. I will post back if they reply.
Now does that mean that they will answer the question about how a donut would do on a GT or ONLY if all 4 tires are 19x9 or with the staggered setup as well? Sorry for all the questionging, I'm just trying to learn and not destroy my future Stang.

Personally, a donut MIGHT work but if on a long road trip it's not going to really give me any advantage over a tow truck. However, a full sized mounted and balanced wheel means I have plenty of time to plug/patch and can drive normal for however long I want.

See I'm used to Subaru's....they need full sized spares AND they need to be of similar tread depth as the other wheels as not to screw up the AWD. It's not a big deal...just keep the tire with the most tread left when replacing the 4 tires and that's the spare.

Thanks

-Emt1581

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Be interesting to see what they say. Surprised that nobody has done this yet. There has been a lot of speculation but the manufacturer is the bottom line.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be interesting to see what they say. Surprised that nobody has done this yet. There has been a lot of speculation but the manufacturer is the bottom line.
This was my thought as well. I'm close to a total newbie learning about the 15 GT and it was one of my first concerns.

Are there Ford (factory not dealer) reps that hang out here? If Ford isn't prompt with a clear response, maybe one of them would be.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
How thick does the spacer need to be for the 9.5" +52r need to be to to fit on the front?

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am thinking about trading my 15 CO GT in on a 16 California edition convertible. The 16 does not have a spare tire and I want one. The parts dept is telling me 500 bucks just for the rim. That's nuts. Has anyone actually bought the one that comes with the car.

Never mind went back thru this thread and found my answer.

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Mine came with the spare and no extra charge....somehow! Had to use yesterday and it works just fine. By the way the only thing I bought extra on my car (and I recommend because is cheap) is to get the extra warranty for 5 years on puncture tires or damaged wheels. Of course, kit doesn't cover if you are doing burnout Ă© with your car. Get the spare wheel or get AAA

Sponsored

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, put it in yesterday and fits perfectly. It is a genuine Ford OEM and has instructions in it from Ford.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
If you have 25MM spacers and a factory spare, will they clear the Brembo calipers?
Sponsored