ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
GETTING THE RIGHT BLOWER...

D-1X
Unless you are making 750+ rwhp, the D1X will have a "soft" midrange.
Most will over look this since they usually have a large stalled 6R80.
And want a blower that can support 1000rwhp

D-1SC
The D1SC will have more "hit", in the curve. And is one brutally awesome "street" blower.
Its the "go-to" blower for guys that love roll racing. Power tops out around 880rwhp.
Its just so dang good at what it does, it will never be replaced.

P-1X
Now, if a person is NEVER going to put rods and pistons in their car.
And will totally be happy at 600,700,800 rwhp then my suggestion is the P-1X.
Its got a killer midrange, killer power through full curve, and can support big HP.
This blower is wicked good, and I am sure guys like [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION] can tell you that.

P-1SC-1
For guys on a budget, the P-1SC1 is still a great blower... and dudes like [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] have proven with the correct combo it can go 9.4's Though that is the end of the line for that blower though still impressive for a base entry level blower.
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
D-1SC
The D1SC will have more "hit", in the curve. And is one brutally awesome "street" blower.
Its the "go-to" blower for guys that love roll racing. Power tops out around 880rwhp.
Pfft. The "little" blower that could.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
GETTING THE RIGHT BLOWER...

D-1X
Unless you are making 750+ rwhp, the D1X will have a "soft" midrange.
Most will over look this since they usually have a large stalled 6R80.
And want a blower that can support 1000rwhp

D-1SC

P-1X
Now, if a person is NEVER going to put rods and pistons in their car.
And will totally be happy at 600,700,800 rwhp then my suggestion is the P-1X.
Its got a killer midrange, killer power through full curve, and can support big HP.
This blower is wicked good, and I am sure guys like [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION] can tell you that.

P-1SC-1
For guys on a budget, the P-1SC1 is still a great blower... and dudes like [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] have proven with the correct combo it can go 9.4's Though that is the end of the line for that blower though still impressive for a base entry level blower.
Planning for the future. Trying to decide between the P-1x and above. My sweet spot is planned for between 650-750rwhp but could potentially want more in the future. If the D1x was installed and setup for 750rwhp without rods and pistons is that doable (safe-ish) without the soft midrange? Would it then be just a matter of changing out the rods, pistons, and belt to go well above?

Or should 1 just go for the D-1SC and limit myself to the 880. I'm leaning toward this or the P-1X.

Sorry if this is Hijacking but though it would be relevant to the discussion.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Planning for the future. Trying to decide between the P-1x and above. My sweet spot is planned for between 650-750rwhp but could potentially want more in the future. If the D1x was installed and setup for 750rwhp without rods and pistons is that doable (safe-ish) without the soft midrange? Would it then be just a matter of changing out the rods, pistons, and belt to go well above?

Or should 1 just go for the D-1SC and limit myself to the 880. I'm leaning toward this or the P-1X.

I know there are a lot of Coyotes making stupid power these days, but "limiting yourself" to 880 (I make 930 with mine) is hardly anything to sneeze at outside of hardcore race cars. You're never going to hook that power on the street. If you're not going for 1000rwhp and the built block, trans, axles, fuel system, clutch, etc. that comes along with that then there's no point in the D1X.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I know there are a lot of Coyotes making stupid power these days, but "limiting yourself" to 880 (I make 930 with mine) is hardly anything to sneeze at outside of hardcore race cars. You're never going to hook that power on the street. If you're not going for 1000rwhp and the built block, trans, axles, fuel system, clutch, etc. that comes along with that then there's no point in the D1X.
This is perfect. If that's the case I might just stick with the P1X if it can put out 800rwhp.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Pfft. The "little" blower that could.
Technically all (4) are the same size. :)

Planning for the future. Trying to decide between the P-1x and above. My sweet spot is planned for between 650-750rwhp
Thats perfect P-1X range right there.

but could potentially want more in the future. If the D1x was installed and setup for 750rwhp without rods and pistons is that doable (safe-ish) without the soft midrange?
It would still be softer then a D1SC.
But yes thats safe if you are in E85. I wouldn't trust that on pump.

880 is a very lofty number to call a limit lol.

Exactly. :)

This is perfect. If that's the case I might just stick with the P1X if it can put out 800rwhp.
I believe MAK has made 840+ with a P1X.

I currently don't know anyone thats max'ed one out yet. :)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thanks [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] for the great info as always. Why isnt this posted online somewhere??

Two questions for you

1 - Out of curiosity, what in the blower defines if it has a harder "hit" in the midrange vs more top end power? Sounds similar to intake manifold design and runner lengths.

2 - Where do the F series blowers fit into this comparison? Like the F1A, etc.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Thanks [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] for the great info as always. Why isnt this posted online somewhere??

Two questions for you

1 - Out of curiosity, what in the blower defines if it has a harder "hit" in the midrange vs more top end power? Sounds similar to intake manifold design and runner lengths.

2 - Where do the F series blowers fit into this comparison? Like the F1A, etc.
Just like everything in life, there is a give and a take.
And yes, very much like intake manifiold design.
You want low, or do you want high.
But getting ALL is very hard to do.

Hard hitting through the midrange, has the trade-off of a "wall" up top.
Get a blower that's efficient way upstairs, and well the middle can suffer.

I am not saying it is the end of the world, but it is what it is.
(turbos can have these same effects as well if people tested them)

Now, lets say a guy wants to make 1000 rwhp:
The D1SC flat out won't get there, and if you manage to do it the temps would be so freaking high, youd risk engine damage.
The D1X will get there with ease, but might be down 30-40ft lbs in the middle

Will the D1X guy care about that 40 ftlbs in the middle? Highly doubt it cause the car is making freaking 1000rwhp and likley lives WAY up in the RPM. (usually a car with a big stall, or a weekend toy that lives on the track)

Take those same cars and lets say you want to make 700rwhp:
The D1SC can do that number with its eyes closed, and pack about as much TQ as you can get out of a centrifugal blower.
The D1X can also do the number but again could "lack" a little in the middle.

At this power level, that "lack" of hit might be something you can feel. (depends on how good your butt dyno is)

Now take those 700rwhp cars, and use the P1X:
You will make the power with ease, and the "hit" and middle will be like the D1SC. So really the best of both worlds at that power level.

I have a video on my youtube channel of two GT350's with the same blower pulleys, running the same tune, and the same fuel, on the same dyno. And you can see the P1X power advantage, without any midrange sacrifice. :)

[ame]

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Nice!

Ok. Off topic sort of... are there any risks with running any of the Prochargers in the cold winter months? I’ve read warnings for Vortech and Paxton but haven’t heard about Prochargers. Planning to run the car all year in Ontario.

Sorry to hijack...

Thanks!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

Ok. Off topic sort of... are there any risks with running any of the Prochargers in the cold winter months? I’ve read warnings for Vortech and Paxton but haven’t heard about Prochargers. Planning to run the car all year in Ontario.

Sorry to hijack...

Thanks!
no risk in cold weather like the Paxtons. The Prochargers's valute tolerances are not as tight as the Paxton's therefore cold weather doesn't effect it.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
no risk in cold weather like the Paxtons. The Prochargers's valute tolerances are not as tight as the Paxton's therefore cold weather doesn't effect it.
Exactly,

We are alllll good for the cold. :)

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Awesome!

That’s what I want to hear!!

Thanks for the info! I guess I know my future now...

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Great thread!

boxstang40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 lx hatch
So what about a wastegate setup with the p1x? Say if i wanted 650-700rwhp which i know the p1x is good for, and i did say a 12lb pulley and wastegate at about 8psi. Would that spin the blower to high? Or do you guys with the p1 think wastegating is unnecessary and lowend torque is good enough already?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
So what about a wastegate setup with the p1x? Say if i wanted 650-700rwhp which i know the p1x is good for, and i did say a 12lb pulley and wastegate at about 8psi. Would that spin the blower to high? Or do you guys with the p1 think wastegating is unnecessary and lowend torque is good enough already?
As much great info ProchargerTech supplies us, I know he's not a big fan of wastegates. I couldn't be farther on the other end of the spectrum myself. Adding a wastegate to my P1X made an incredible difference in the feel of the car on the street. Instead of a gradual climb of power from 4000+ RPM, it's a nearly instant hit of power all the time.

IMO, the one advantage PD blowers have over us centri guys is the instantaneous power at all times. Wastegating a centri IMO gives you the best of both worlds and almost that same instantaneous power. Also gives you the opportunity to use a boost controller and adjust boost level and curve on the fly.

One thing to warn you about, wastegating a P1X is significantly different than wastegating a P1SC, as I found out. A friend of mine has the same exact setup as me on a P1SC car. He has a 12psi spring and makes 12-13psi total. The P1X however flows so much more air at high RPM that it outflowed my wastegate. With a 12psi spring I saw 19psi, with a 8psi spring I saw 15psi.

I ended up putting in a 5psi spring and using a boost controller which finally got me the boost level and response/boost curve that I wanted. Just FYI. You'll get the biggest difference in midrange power the more "aggressive" pulley you choose (at the cost of higher IAT and more strain on components). I have a ~20psi pulley on mine and wastegate down to 12-15psi. You can use JPCs race calculator to figure out blower RPM, but mine is fine with a 3.85" pulley up to 7700rpm.
Sponsored