Sponsored

P1 vs P1X

boxstang40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 lx hatch
Thanks [MENTION=20644]ahl395[/MENTION] for the info. When you mention at the cost of higher iat and stress on components, how much higher iat? And is it mainly just harder on the blower since the speed is amped up a bunch? Im guessing it would also be more on the crank to turn the smaller pulley?
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thanks [MENTION=20644]ahl395[/MENTION] for the info. When you mention at the cost of higher iat and stress on components, how much higher iat? And is it mainly just harder on the blower since the speed is amped up a bunch? Im guessing it would also be more on the crank to turn the smaller pulley?
For me, running the most aggressive pulley I can, my IATs are about +40 at WOT. Pre-wastegate they were around +25

I'm not sure what thread, but PCTech explained that because of the sudden increase/decrease in load when the gate opens and closes that it's harder on the crank, belt, and blower gearbox. Adding a blower to your motor increases stress and load too, so I really don't think it's something to worry about. I have about 20k miles on my setup and I love it. The more boost you try to bleed though the worse the stress will be. For instance, probably not the best to use a 20psi pulley and wastegate down to 8psi lol. Bleeding off a few PSI is not too bad as PCTech agreed.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
For instance, probably not the best to use a 20psi pulley and wastegate down to 8psi lol. Bleeding off a few PSI is not too bad as PCTech agreed.

Nailed it :) Everything you said is spot on.
Sponsored