BigD94

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual
I'm doing FI upgrade this coming fall. In my past of building engines, I always replaced the assembly's as a unit when possible, Not just the internal gearing, IE oil pumps, fuel pumps ETC.
Good luck.
With the full FP oil pump unit, would I need to be open it up and lube the gears before install? The product page says its pressure and flow tested, but you never know.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
With the full FP oil pump unit, would I need to be open it up and lube the gears before install? The product page says its pressure and flow tested, but you never know.
I am sure the OPG assembly will come lubed But For Me, I will open and apply assembly Lube accordingly prior to installing. But that's me, you will make your own decision. Good luck.

OP
OP
BigD94

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
I am sure the OPG assembly will come lubed But For Me, I will open and apply assembly Lube accordingly prior to installing. But that's me, you will make your own decision. Good luck.
Thanks for the help man

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
It does not come lubed! You must prime it before installing by pouring fresh oil in the inlet and spinning the assembly.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I was thinking in this the other day. Any opinions on also installing the MMR chain guides, seconday guides and primary chain tensioners?

OP
OP
BigD94

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking in this the other day. Any opinions on also installing the MMR chain guides, seconday guides and primary chain tensioners?
It's probably a good idea to replace them. Definitely not essential, but it's a nice addition. Someone in another thread said to use MMR tensioner, GT350 primary, MMR secondary (GT350 secondary won't fit).

I'm not planning to run high boost or go too crazy with my build so I'm probably just going to reuse the stock parts. However, If I find a good deal on the upgraded components then I'll do that.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We've used the Boundary combo before on Goldmember. They were the only engine upgrade we did with the Whipple 3.0L to go 8.64@157. Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you guys with. We have Boundary, MMR and Ford Performance parts available to ship.
#teamlethal

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Link to Ford Performance OPG/CS? Oil cover? I have a 2022 GT & not sure the page 1 links will fit.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
It appears as though FP discontinued the only opg you could be confident in.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Not for gen3.
Correct. The Ford Performance oil pump gear isn’t even available anymore and the crank sprocket is only for Gen 2 engines.

I ran Boundary on my 8 sec Gen 3 car and never had an issue. They’re priced well and work great so that’s typically what I recommend.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Link to Ford Performance OPG/CS? Oil cover? I have a 2022 GT & not sure the page 1 links will fit.

Just a heads up. If you are planning to do the gears yourself, you have to lower the front of the oil pan, if it's the composite type pan. You have to do that so the oil pickup tube will come free from the oil pump. I used a 14" 1/4 extension, along with other lengths depending on where the bolt was, plus a 10mm one piece swivel socket.

Even though I said only the front needs to come down, you should remove all of the bolts and lower it, that way you can run your finger along the whole length of the seal to make sure it's in the correct position.