?? Centri Owners Who DID-NOT do OPG/CS

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Hi. I just wanted to see how many centri FI Owners did not Upgrade their OP and CG, Drive Shafts and axles and are not having any issues.
** Do you drag strip, road race etc would help out. It will put things into perspective.
Thank you for your help
Sponsored

Last edited:

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Had a Roush for over a year and now ESS for two plus months and have not upgraded any of that yet. The transmission on the other has (A10) and will be upgraded next month because it has taken the brunt of all of it.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Had a Roush for over a year and now ESS for two plus months and have not upgraded any of that yet. The transmission on the other has (A10) and will be upgraded next month because it has taken the brunt of all of it.
What A10 transmission upgrades are you planning to do?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
What A10 transmission upgrades are you planning to do?
A stage 1 build included a Raybestos/GPZ upgraded Steels and Fibers! Our Stage 1 build will include a new OEM valvebody with a thermal delete, a full tear down, clean, and inspection. Factory reseal with OEM seals and as well as the GPZ upgrade kit. Good for 1200whp which is all I need for now…

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Procharged .......no up grades to engine or drive train ....... but have done suspension and tire to try to hold the power down . At over 10k miles so far .

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
You should also add to the question, how many of those actually go to the track or race events per season. You could be boosted & never actually abuse the car so will never need to do such upgrades.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
A stage 1 build included a Raybestos/GPZ upgraded Steels and Fibers! Our Stage 1 build will include a new OEM valvebody with a thermal delete, a full tear down, clean, and inspection. Factory reseal with OEM seals and as well as the GPZ upgrade kit. Good for 1200whp which is all I need for now…
Nice, how about the converter?

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Procharged .......no up grades to engine or drive train ....... but have done suspension and tire to try to hold the power down . At over 10k miles so far .
How is your traction on the street?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Nice, how about the converter?
I’ve been contemplating adding one since they will have everything out already just don’t want to spend the money yet. The car is abused mostly on the street vs the track so not sure how much the converter will make a difference.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Hi. I just wanted to see how many centri FI Owners did not Upgrade their OP and CG, Drive Shafts and axles and are not having any issues.
Thank you for your help
Garage queen won't ever have any issues. At the dragstrip every weekend, you will have issues. Where are you at? By asking the questions you did, I assume you are trying to justify not doing these mods. There's nothing wrong with a reactive approach I suppose. If it breaks, fix it.

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on how heavy your right foot is .........I've done a lot of work on the rear ........biggest help are the shocks .

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Garage queen won't ever have any issues. At the dragstrip every weekend, you will have issues. Where are you at? By asking the questions you did, I assume you are trying to justify not doing these mods. There's nothing wrong with a reactive approach I suppose. If it breaks, fix it.
I live in Indiana. I don't mind doing preventive mods but only if they are truly necessary for current build, how it will be driven etc. Just wanted to know how others handle these upgrades when centri FI.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been contemplating adding one since they will have everything out already just don’t want to spend the money yet. The car is abused mostly on the street vs the track so not sure how much the converter will make a difference.
True, same with me as far as how I will drive mine. I stopped chasing parts at the drag strip quite a while ago. It was fun but was getting old for me.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
You should also add to the question, how many of those actually go to the track or race events per season. You could be boosted & never actually abuse the car so will never need to do such upgrades.
True, true. Will update

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I live in Indiana. I don't mind doing preventive mods but only if they are truly necessary for current build, how it will be driven etc. Just wanted to know how others handle these upgrades when centri FI.
What's the intended use? Do you use the car or baby it?
Sponsored