Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've got 2015 GT PP Premium originally with SYNC 2/MFT but swapped it for SYNC 3 non-nav last May, then in November I did the digital gauge upgrade so I feel like I have a 19! I have personal iPhone 12 Pro and work phone is Motorola Android.

Digital_gauges.jpg
Wow. That actually looks REALLY good!!! Honestly, had I not noticed the pre-2018 start button, I could've guessed you DO have a 2019.

Can you, since you have both iPhone and Android, try Google Maps in Android Auto and in CarPlay and toggle to the empty/navigation screen in the digital dash (it's part of the trip/fuel submenu) and show us side by side pics of when in navigation mode?

I have a Pixel3 XL
It bricked itself a few months ago, so I'm on my second 3XL now and the display looked the same with both phones.
Thank you, will edit.

AA, Galaxy S9
Danke! Děkuji. Thanks.

Updated:
  • @Bit_the_Bullitt - 2019 MY Bullitt, Android Auto, tried S9 and Pixel 3
  • @Laserbrain - 2019 MY GT Premium, AA, phone Pixel 3XL
  • @doubledeee - 2015 MY GT >> digital dash + SYNC 3 switched, Android Auto, phone iPhone 12 and Motorola
  • @Bowdy - 2019 MY GT, AA, S9
Anyone else (especially Androids) please do reply, this is clearly not a one-off thing.

doubledeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2017 F150 XLT, 2012 HD Road Glide
Wow. That actually looks REALLY good!!! Honestly, had I not noticed the pre-2018 start button, I could've guessed you DO have a 2019.

Can you, since you have both iPhone and Android, try Google Maps in Android Auto and in CarPlay and toggle to the empty/navigation screen in the digital dash (it's part of the trip/fuel submenu) and show us side by side pics of when in navigation mode?

Thank you, will edit.

Danke! Děkuji. Thanks.

Updated:
  • @Bit_the_Bullitt - 2019 MY Bullitt, Android Auto, tried S9 and Pixel 3
  • @Laserbrain - 2019 MY GT Premium, AA, phone Pixel 3XL
  • @doubledeee - 2015 MY GT >> digital dash + SYNC 3 switched, Android Auto, phone iPhone 12 and Motorola
  • @Bowdy - 2019 MY GT, AA, S9
Anyone else (especially Androids) please do reply, this is clearly not a one-off thing.
With AA I am getting nav on the dash with both Waze and Google Maps on all display modes, wIth CarPlay/Google Maps or Waze still get nothing but according to this and other threads Apple is restricting this feature.

dash_carplay.jpg

dashAA1.jpg

dashAA2.jpg

dashAA3.jpg

dashAA4.jpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
With AA I am getting nav on the dash with both Waze and Google Maps on all display modes, wIth CarPlay/Google Maps or Waze still get nothing but according to this and other threads Apple is restricting this feature.

dash_carplay.jpg

dashAA1.jpg

dashAA2.jpg

dashAA3.jpg

dashAA4.jpg
Right, I remember reading that CarPlay (or rather Apple) restricts it.
Okay, yup, identical to my dash. Darn!

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang GT
On the Sync 3, version 3.4 screen do you guys have the little car showing on the back-up screen? I've noticed mine isn't showing any more. Any ideas? Is it a Forscan thing? Or does it not exist any more?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
On the Sync 3, version 3.4 screen do you guys have the little car showing on the back-up screen? I've noticed mine isn't showing any more. Any ideas? Is it a Forscan thing? Or does it not exist any more?
You mean the one where it shows the distance to each obstacle via the backup sensors? Now that you say that, I may have not seen that for a while.
My Bullitt's currently at a dealer, but will check it out when it's done!

doubledeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2017 F150 XLT, 2012 HD Road Glide
It's still in the top right corner on mine, didn't lose it when I went from 3.4.19200 to 3.4.20282. It can be modified using Forscan displaying various vehicle types, guessing it can be disabled/enabled via Forscan.

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean the one where it shows the distance to each obstacle via the backup sensors? Now that you say that, I may have not seen that for a while.
My Bullitt's currently at a dealer, but will check it out when it's done!
Yes, that one. I noticed yesterday that I don't have it anymore. Really weird. IDK how long it has been gone, but it is definitely not showing up any more.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yes, that one. I noticed yesterday that I don't have it anymore. Really weird. IDK how long it has been gone, but it is definitely not showing up any more.
There's a setting for that in the menus. Both in the dash (multifunctional display) and on the 8" screen:
p7uJHFU.png

If that doesn't work, try the thread link below. Someone else had the backup system and the previous owner installed the 8" screen. He couldn't get the graphics working. I dug up a bunch of Forscan codes for him and he was able to get it working with Forscan. Have you changed anything in Forscan or upgraded any related modules? If not then this may not be of much use.
See here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-sync-3-2018-gt-base-pp1.143991/post-2948293

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a setting for that in the menus. Both in the dash (multifunctional display) and on the 8" screen:
p7uJHFU.png

If that doesn't work, try the thread link below. Someone else had the backup system and the previous owner installed the 8" screen. He couldn't get the graphics working. I dug up a bunch of Forscan codes for him and he was able to get it working with Forscan. Have you changed anything in Forscan or upgraded any related modules? If not then this may not be of much use.
See here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-sync-3-2018-gt-base-pp1.143991/post-2948293
Todd,

Thank you for this information. I have a base 2019, and I upgraded to the 8” screen. I guess I don’t know for sure if the car wasn’t showing after I upgraded, but I only this week noticed it isn’t there. So, i just hooked up the computer and looked at the codes In forscan. I didn’t change anything yet. My question would be, should I change the entire value to match what you indicated as the as-built code? I know normally you just change the one number. I’m not sure if the guy (tangguy) that did it successfully based on your info did the entire value or just the one number. My values are much different than yours, although sometimes the one number is the same, if that makes any sense?

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Todd,

Thank you for this information. I have a base 2019, and I upgraded to the 8” screen. I guess I don’t know for sure if the car wasn’t showing after I upgraded, but I only this week noticed it isn’t there. So, i just hooked up the computer and looked at the codes In forscan. I didn’t change anything yet. My question would be, should I change the entire value to match what you indicated as the as-built code? I know normally you just change the one number. I’m not sure if the guy (tangguy) that did it successfully based on your info did the entire value or just the one number. My values are much different than yours, although sometimes the one number is the same, if that makes any sense?
Never change all of the values on a given line of code. They can vary based on all of the possible combinations of how the car was originally equipped. Always have a copy of your original asbuilt file!

I could be wrong, but I believe what you are looking for is on line 47 of the first tab in the spreadsheet. I put the file in this post.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/page-207#post-3145092

Last edited:

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never change all of the values on a given line of code. They can vary based on all of the possible combinations of how the car was originally equipped. Always have a copy of your original asbuilt file!

I could be wrong, but I believe what you are looking for is on line 47 of the first tab in the spreadsheet. I put the file in this post.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/page-207#post-3145092
i thought so, but I wanted to double-check. Thank you for the reminder though, that’s why I didn’t change anything yet. I’ll try that code out on line 47 and see if it works. I guess in the end it’s not that big of a deal, the lines are there, the camera works, and the beeps work, its just knowing that little car icon is “supposed” to be there that can eat away at a Mustang guy! :)

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
i thought so, but I wanted to double-check. Thank you for the reminder though, that’s why I didn’t change anything yet. I’ll try that code out on line 47 and see if it works. I guess in the end it’s not that big of a deal, the lines are there, the camera works, and the beeps work, its just knowing that little car icon is “supposed” to be there that can eat away at a Mustang guy! :)
And make sure to note the original value so you can change it back if need be.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So the little car with the sensor lines at the back (no front sensors) should appear next to the rear-view camera? Now that you guys mentioned it, I think my car only shows the rear-view camera, but need to check next time I use it. I know the sensors beep, but not sure if there's a picture showing that. I typically back up the old-fashioned way, which means looking thru the rear window :).

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the little car with the sensor lines at the back (no front sensors) should appear next to the rear-view camera? Now that you guys mentioned it, I think my car only shows the rear-view camera, but need to check next time I use it. I know the sensors beep, but not sure if there's a picture showing that. I typically back up the old-fashioned way, which means looking thru the rear window :).
Yes, and I have tried so many different codes and nothing has brought it back. I even tried the line 47 from the spreadsheet above, mine already had the B in the code spot. In fact, as I looked, all my codes had the right code in the right spot. Something weird, but if that’s my only issue, I guess I can live with it. Just always want things “perfect”....

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes, and I have tried so many different codes and nothing has brought it back. I even tried the line 47 from the spreadsheet above, mine already had the B in the code spot. In fact, as I looked, all my codes had the right code in the right spot. Something weird, but if that’s my only issue, I guess I can live with it. Just always want things “perfect”....
You might check these from the other thread to see if any don't match. Seems to have worked for that person. If any don't match, I would change them one at a time if it were me.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-sync-3-2018-gt-base-pp1.143991/#post-2953347

Also from that thread:

Is it enabled in the Sync settings?
Go to Settings, then Vehicle, and there should be an option called Enhanced Park Pilot. Turn that on.