Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Looks like you already did it based on your follow-up post, but since you asked, it’s easier to just use CyanLabs :)

Navigation doesn’t show up in the digital gauge cluster for iOS devices. It’s currently Android exclusive :(
I put it on usb but nothing more because 2and guessing....

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
I am still hesitating whether to upgrade from 3.0 20204 to 3.4.
I bought the OBDlinkMX+ tool with all the illusion to switch to the GT theme and it turns out that in this last update (20204)Ford has removed the GT theme.
Has anyone with a 2017 upgraded through Cyanlab,any kind of problem?,I would like to put a gray or black tone theme,I think in 3.4 you can put the Lincoln one.
Many doubts.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have the latest 3.4 282 build, with Lincoln theme MY20, and Ford Performance splash screen, and there's no more freaking blue anywhere anymore. The only thing I lost was the shutdown animation, which I don't care at all. I had to select 'night mode', to have contrast between the lower 'soft buttons' and screen, but it still dims at night (like a 2nd night mode), so everything behaves like factory. Happy with the update; system is definitely quicker. Hope this helps.

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Do you know the forscan value for ford performance ( the cobra ) and did the climate controls on screen remain after ?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I am still hesitating whether to upgrade from 3.0 20204 to 3.4.
I bought the OBDlinkMX+ tool with all the illusion to switch to the GT theme and it turns out that in this last update (20204)Ford has removed the GT theme.
Has anyone with a 2017 upgraded through Cyanlab,any kind of problem?,I would like to put a gray or black tone theme,I think in 3.4 you can put the Lincoln one.
Many doubts.
I went from 3.0 to 3.4.20022 and then just recently went to 3.4.20282 without a hitch on my 17. Both times with Cyanlabs. The new Updater 2.0 makes down loading preparing a USB memory stick real easy

Last edited:

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
That's cool..I did the update this evening and all is good except figuring out why my android auto isn't working.. I paired etc but seemed to come on then go off..I did some cleaning data and removed my car from AA to see if it works now.. I did the master reset also ..try it tomorrow.. your AA worked with not doing anything?

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
Do you know the forscan value for ford performance ( the cobra ) and did the climate controls on screen remain after ?
After 3.4 upgrade i used forscan and went into apim not the as built and had a drop down list of themes and i could choose ford performance. Worked great.

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
That's cool..I did the update this evening and all is good except figuring out why my android auto isn't working.. I paired etc but seemed to come on then go off..I did some cleaning data and removed my car from AA to see if it works now.. I did the master reset also ..try it tomorrow.. your AA worked with not doing anything?
My android auto also didnt work right. Had to clear app data on phone and reinstall and it allowed my to reconnect with phone privleges. Most likely phone is blocking right now.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I just did 3.4.20282 update tonight on my ‘20 with a usb drive. I worked great. I did a scan and it looks like my car has a map update as well. I just d/l it on my usb and will do that at a later date. It was 11.5 gigs. It’s going to take awhile 🥴

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
My android auto also didnt work right. Had to clear app data on phone and reinstall and it allowed my to reconnect with phone privleges. Most likely phone is blocking right now.
Yours did the same so probably most have to delete data etc..oh ok I have forscan I'll go into the apim and see the themes..do house have a pic of your theme? I hope since I cleaned up the phone tonight that AA connects right away cant wait to try it in the morning..

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
After 3.4 upgrade i used forscan and went into apim not the as built and had a drop down list of themes and i could choose ford performance. Worked great.
I noticed a strange thing, I log into Forscan, with extended license, both with an ELM327 and OBDlinkMX+, and I don't see in the modules the "APIM Module Control no AS Built".

Otherwise, as I see that there are usually not many problems, I will update through Cyanlab and put that gray theme.
Thanks

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I thought Ford removed this theme from 3.4. Was it added back? Can I see this working?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I may be confusing this with th Ford GT theme. I had it programmed to be the default with Forscan. I had to revert back to stock because the 3.4 update wasn't compatible with the Ford GT theme and the result was a black screen reported by many people.

The Ford Perf theme looks exactly like the standard Mustang theme except for the start up animation?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I have only changed what I think is referred to as the splash screen.

The background once it has booted up is still the standard ford theme - ultimately I want to change that to the Lincoln grey theme :like:

WD :like: