Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Thank you very much. Yeah, there's a blank screen there, but I thought it was on purpose. So that's the nav instruction screen then. Cool. But I think it was there with the 3.3 as well, IIRC. So guess the only issue is that you can't see it when using Apple CarPlay, right? I never use it anyway, but it's one more reason not to. Ha ha.
The navigation directions appearing there via Sync3’s navigation system has always been there, since at least v3.0 if not prior. v3.4 adds the ability for Android devices to display navigation directions there as well when using Android Auto and Google Maps or Waze. iOS may come in the future, maybe not, Apple is very restrictive with some things (to the point of anti-trust lawsuits stirring up).

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I only ever noticed the nav to the side and then up on the center during turns. I don't go in that menu too often. I'd have thought the navigation button would do that if any of them did. I don't go into trip menu very often as seeing my MPG is a little depressing, especially with E85.

Most manufacturer put the current road/next intersection up when nav is not active.

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
Separate. I did it before, but it doesn't show 1.19, so will have to do it all over again now that I have Sync 3.4.

How about day mode??? And how is the Ford night mode? If it's dark, is it possible to keep night mode permanently??? The blue is awful. And if you need a Lincoln (hope not), do you have the FORScan code to activate it? Thx.
Hi Elp_jc, I re installed the updates, everything else is updated to newer version but it is still showing 1.17 maps version. Also I changed the theme to Lincoln black-label but every time I restart my car it goes back to default mustang theme. Any cure for these two issues?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Any cure for these two issues?
Yes to both. On the maps, unfortunately, you need to re-load them. I had to ask Ford for the confirmation email again, since I deleted it. After reloading the 1.19 maps like I did the first time, it finally showed the correct version.

As far as making the Lincoln theme permanent, you have to do it with FORScan. And 'Lincoln MY20' is the only available gray theme, but they all looked identical to me when trying them in test settings. You have to change these 2 codes: APIM 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx, and APIM 7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx, and that will do it. It looks awesome, especially in night mode with the 3rd background color, which is what I did. And the digital dash with primary and secondary colors in white. Hope this helps.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
As far as making the Lincoln theme permanent, you have to do it with FORScan.
Well, that's just a PITA. Mine updated itself overnight (Sync, not maps) and I can't say I'm a fan of the new look.

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
Yes to both. On the maps, unfortunately, you need to re-load them. I had to ask Ford for the confirmation email again, since I deleted it. After reloading the 1.19 maps like I did the first time, it finally showed the correct version.

As far as making the Lincoln theme permanent, you have to do it with FORScan. And 'Lincoln MY20' is the only available gray theme, but they all looked identical to me when trying them in test settings. You have to change these 2 codes: APIM 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx, and APIM 7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx, and that will do it. It looks awesome, especially in night mode with the 3rd background color, which is what I did. And the digital dash with primary and secondary colors in white. Hope this helps.
Thanks Eip_jc. I think I need to ask Ford to send the email again as I tried installing it few times and even did the Master reset on Sync3 few times but the maps still the same. Yes, Lincoln Grey theme is awesome. I have just received the OBD module and will set up an account with FORScan and do it that way. In the meantime I just set it every time I start my car through Settings icon to get the Lincoln theme feeling :-)

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have just completed a 1,000-mile each way trip with my Bullitt (a comfortable breeze really). I've always relied on Google Maps (as it has my favorites etc saved), but it was unable to give me an automatic bypass of a 2hr accident delay. Kind of like "oh well, this is still the 'fastest' route," even though the built in nav and Waze immediately found a bypass, saving me an hour. With Google Maps I had to manually drop a pin at first. Crazy.

Anyway - in-dash Android Auto - do you guys have a similar issue, where it does show turn and direction (i.e. 5mi to the next turn), but shows -- for total distance and time left? In addition, despite my dash and AA being in miles, it shows "-- km" for remainder of the trip. Anyone else?

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
SUCCESS, people :D. Got the calm screen, Lincoln MY20 gray theme, and the Pony animation screen, so car looks 100% stock, just like I wanted. Had to play with the freaking code#3 settings, since they're all shuffled, until finally the only gray theme was #2. Maybe the change to Lincoln brand wasn't needed, since I chose several Ford themes inadvertently, with no problems, but left it there. So here are my changes I made:

APIM 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx To change to Lincoln, and be able to choose Lincoln themes
APIM 7D0-02-03 xCxx xx To enable calm screen on display menu
APIM 7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx To enable Lincoln MY20 gray theme

One of you can try just the last 2 settings, and let us know if it works (it should). Hope this helps gang.
JC
Hi Elp, Used the FORScan first time and made the above three changes and they did exactly as you mentioned above and looks great but they did disable the Mobile apps and also I couldn't find the android auto icon anymore. Did any of you have this issue?

On another note I re-installed SYNC3 update few times and did the master reset after installing but my maps still showing 1.17. My question is if I download from Cyanlab would that be ok to override the existing 3.4 - 20136 and wold it have any impact for any future updates?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
That's a picture od your dash with stock/built-in nav, right?
My Android Auto/Waze doesn't give me that decreasing bar until the turn or the total trip distance left...
Have you tried putting it to the normally blank screen in the trip/mpg screens?

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
mine just says " Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.0 " even though i'm pretty sure i already have that version, what gives?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
For some reason beginning yesterday, Android Auto is showing Google Maps instead of Waze. Waze is not showing up at all on the screen, though it is open and running on my phone.

Of course after I posted, it's back and working fine today.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
mine just says " Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.0 " even though i'm pretty sure i already have that version, what gives?
It’s most likely updated your build number. The version stays the same. Latest build for 3.0 is 19205.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you tried putting it to the normally blank screen in the trip/mpg screens?
Yes, I have. See my attached pics:
1 - Android Auto on the main/blank screen (running Waze this time, Google Maps is identical)
2 - Android Auto again - here you can see that i was able to snap a pic of when you start navigating, for a second it flashes the right number, but wrong units (compare to #4, I had same destination, should've been 14mi, not 14km), time correct. But then it disappears within like a second, see #1!
3 - This is what it appears like on a shared screen with trip computer.
4 - Factory nav, working correctly.

Basically this is the "-- km" i was talking about. For a second, Android Auto (whether Google Maps or Waze) flashes right number + wrong units and then immediately goes away.
The little filling bar countdown till turn i get only on factory nav, but i think that's normal.

20200913_230606.jpg

20200913_230648.jpg

20200913_230807.jpg

20200913_230909.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
On another note I re-installed SYNC3 update few times and did the master reset after installing but my maps still showing 1.17.
That happened to me as well. Once you update Sync to 3.4, you need to download the freaking maps again, so they show 1.19 on your settings. I wouldn't use that other site unless you absolutely have no choice, which doesn't seem to be your case. If you're anal, like me, and want 1.19 to show on your settings, just download the maps again. By the way, I couldn't stand the blue from Sync 3.4, so changed the theme to Lincoln MY20, and now it's gray. And also got rid of the blue pony and Ford animations, in favor of the Ford Performance one, which is way better. Now I'm done. Ha ha. Hope this helps.