Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My 2019 updated automatically this morning to 3.4 over automatic updates.

Strange to see the new display look when it was not expected. Glad to see night more can be used during the day now and keeping it bright, but with a dark background. Not a huge fan of the “day” mode

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The 3.4 update is actually pretty small, when it comes to data.....now what I would believe to be a miracle would be the map updating happening with automatic updates.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
The 3.4 update is actually pretty small, when it comes to data.....now what I would believe to be a miracle would be the map updating happening with automatic updates.
Those are turned on now as well.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Oh I know lol.... I just can't imagine an update that large over wifi to the car. I'm sure it has been done.

Those are turned on now as well.

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody know if the 3.4 update puts carplay nav in the digital cluster? I saw on cyanlabs that Android Auto nav shows up there and they say maybe carplay, but no confirmation.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm I don't know. I'm the only in the family that doesn't have an iPhone.

Anybody know if the 3.4 update puts carplay nav in the digital cluster? I saw on cyanlabs that Android Auto nav shows up there and they say maybe carplay, but no confirmation.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
No, unfortunately. Seems to only work with Android for some reason.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Please everybody check out the first post in this thread which explains clearly how to check / avoid this reboot loop.
I knew about that, but not all of us are computer experts :D. I could not find the program stated anywhere on my stupid computer, so couldn't add the pause. But I didn't really want to do it anyway, to avoid inadvertently corrupting the file somehow. I was hoping Ford fixed it when they paused offering the updates for weeks, but nope. I rather deal with the rebooting, but knowing there was no chance of screwing anything up :).

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Do you have a picture of what that looks like? Can't find anything online.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey, where is the setting to select nav in the middle of the digital dash? Must be in the '2 gear' menu on the steering wheel (rather than the pony one), but under which sub-menu? Vehicle? Just curious. Want to see if mine does it with the factory nav. Thanks.​

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Hey, where is the setting to select nav in the middle of the digital dash? Must be in the '2 gear' menu on the steering wheel (rather than the pony one), but under which sub-menu? Vehicle? Just curious. Want to see if mine does it with the factory nav. Thanks.​
Put your trip info/mpg/tire pressure on the screen, scroll with up or down until you get to the screen with the directions (if there’s no active navigation the screen is blank)

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you very much. Yeah, there's a blank screen there, but I thought it was on purpose. So that's the nav instruction screen then. Cool. But I think it was there with the 3.3 as well, IIRC. So guess the only issue is that you can't see it when using Apple CarPlay, right? I never use it anyway, but it's one more reason not to. Ha ha.