Sponsored

NASTY squeaking from rear suspension !!! Thoughts ?

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I am having that exact noise coming from the rear of the car. I have Steeda Liner Ultralite Springs, SR Vertical Links, and the Cradle Lockout Kit from BMR. I just ordered the Steeda Billet Shock Mounts, and that should at least help us eliminate one factor.
I have coilovers utilizing a spherical upper shock mount so its different than yours but curious to see if that helps too.

I had the same kind of very loud annoying sound coming from the driver side rear suspension. Turns out the Steeda Camber arm inner delrin bushing was covered in some black goo that I guess used to be grease... That made the arm very difficult to move... Cleaned it up and put it back with some fresh grease. Absolutely no sounds/noise now. But I have to say the steeda parts are definitely not made for winter. After one single winter it all looks like cr@p and the "powder-coat" is just flaking away...

34F944BC-F944-41D5-8978-0D7D10154927_zpsmxe5pcg1.jpg

8B4B8BFE-CED9-43A1-9AD5-9A1FE59DE1AB_zpsnjwq0rqf.jpg

Me too. I will post some pictures as well. Ive driven my car through both winters and daily so it looks quite similar to yours. I was quite surprised but hey that's the reality of it. If everything was forged and stainless or billet I can only imagine the prices. I got tired of owning an M3 because of that :lol:

I made a video yesterday but I will post tonight as im @ work and am being careful with my data useage etc but I have eliminated the squeak for now. Right before the video I posted above, I did pull the toe inners down and they seemed not to move too freely but the inner ends are spherical. Im assuming you were talking about the steeda camber arms with the Delrin. I did that just a few weeks ago changing out the v1 adjustable camber arms with version 2. It along with spherical lower vertical links (delrin still at the top- that replaced delrin /delrin), and it did not solve it either.

So what I did get done on Friday quicly after work was simply removing the bolts at the front of the bmr lockout kit and removing the small braces and simply pulling down the bmr piece and the spacer that goes into the bushing. I held up the brace that goes up into the bushing and it squeaks like a mofo... I made a video and I will post it. Now this doesn't prove anything because it doesn't move this much on the car as it would be impossible. The markings on the bmr brace that squish the bushing does show where they squish onto the brace so there definitely is contact.
Anyhow I greased the hell out of everything. So much that it squished out between the spacer and the brace as I tightened the main subframe bolt back in. SO far, since Friday, no squeak. Now the last time I greased the delrin links it went away and it came back. then I replaced stuff and it seemed to go away and came back so Im not going to jump the gun just yet. I don't know if those bushings could cause that much squeak I think not but so far so good. :shrug: Will post pics shortly and upload the vid I took tonight on wifi ....
Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
steeda rear camber adjustable arms? i have these but dont know where they are located

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
If the toe link inner bearings are hard to articulate then that will typically be a source of noise.

As for the lower cb005 mount, id be extremely surprised if that is the noise heard in the vid. We have shipped so many thousands of those kits, and have them on 5 cars...and this would be the very first time ive seen it. I would think, due to the amount of them shipped, id be getting blown up several times a day with noises like that. Haha

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
If the toe link inner bearings are hard to articulate then that will typically be a source of noise.

As for the lower cb005 mount, id be extremely surprised if that is the noise heard in the vid. We have shipped so many thousands of those kits, and have them on 5 cars...and this would be the very first time ive seen it. I would think, due to the amount of them shipped, id be getting blown up several times a day with noises like that. Haha
i knew not think anything of it. Its odd that the noise comes and goes. Today after work I drove the card a little hard especially in the corners on the on ramps and off ramps. Really just wanted to load the suspension and took the bumpy road home. There is some squeaking still there so safe to say its likely Not the cb005. I jut found it odd that squeaking driving on the ramps... driving off them (without jacking the car or lifting the suspension) it was silent and quiet for a few days. I knew better than to think it was gone :doh:

Just to note when I checked the toe arms I disconnected the inside and moved them up and down.. no noise. then I disconnected the outers.. lowered the car and then tightened them down to be sure there was no preload at a jacked up height on that outer bushing.

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
steeda rear camber adjustable arms? i have these but dont know where they are located
In the photo above your post its the arm with the adjustment in the middle and the thick billet squared piece with the 4 screws in it visible.

Sponsored

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
after I finally get my clunking squared away.. this same exact squeaking started up. going to check my delrin vertical links tomorrow morning and see how they look, I'm worried i'll have to get the spherical setup also.

I noticed this only happened when it was 100+ degrees out because once I drove it at night.. it wasn't nearly as loud if it even existed at all.

hot weather a problem for any of the bushings on the car?

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Soooo, are we meant to be lubing the sphericals or not?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Soooo, are we meant to be lubing the sphericals or not?
Steeda spherical bearings do not need lubing. If the bearing is contaminated then use mild soap water to clean it up and you should be good to go. The Steeda spherical bearings use a Nyla Fiber Matrix, which do not need lube.

Thanks,

Steeda Tech

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Well my rear end "creak" has returned. Previously the shop had found it to be the camber arm and they were able to lubricate it to quiet it down. But now it has returned with the warmer weather and I only hear it going at low speeds like 0-5mph. I'm thinking it may be a regular maintenance thing with this car. I'm having the shop take a look at it today so we'll see. I'm not as annoyed about it as I was before. Seems like a lot of people are having issues with noise and I don't think it's human installation error. Even stock cars have been getting these squeak/creak noises.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Well my rear end "creak" has returned. Previously the shop had found it to be the camber arm and they were able to lubricate it to quiet it down. But now it has returned with the warmer weather and I only hear it going at low speeds like 0-5mph. I'm thinking it may be a regular maintenance thing with this car. I'm having the shop take a look at it today so we'll see. I'm not as annoyed about it as I was before. Seems like a lot of people are having issues with noise and I don't think it's human installation error. Even stock cars have been getting these squeak/creak noises.
Spraying lube is a temporary fix. On Delrin bushings you need to take the bushing out and completely lube all surfaces and re-install.I recommend Super Lube synthetic grease, which is available at any good hardware store. Petroleum base grease will not hold up as well. Once properly lubed, this will hold up very well in normal conditions. In severe winter and hi salt and chemical conditions it is recommended to re-lube yearly.

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think they got it nicked this time :knock on wood:

It was a bushing in the rear suspension that was causing the noise. They noted that it did not have a grease fitting so they did a slight modification to allow the grease to penetrate it and that apparently got rid of the noise. I asked if it was the toe-knuckle bearing and he said no. I asked if it was the camber arm and he said no. He does not know what name that Ford uses for it.

He said that this should be a permanent solution, given that we lubricate it every so often.

I've uploaded the explanation from my bill for anyone else to see.

61799F75-981D-4030-A687-BED3E9C4F087_zps4ivirkpi.jpg

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
get under the car and look for something that looks like it was modified to accept grease :)

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fwiw I resolved my squeaking issue, I bit the bullet and just greased the delrin bushings like a madman with some purple shit from advanced ( high temp rtv ?? ).
there was definitely some sort of friction/rubbing going on because once I removed the lower part of the link I saw the markings from the mounting points.
Sponsored