Sponsored

Nasty squeaking from rear suspension VIDEO !

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Made a quick video going over a slightly rough section of local road. Today was really hot out here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and the squeaking is always worse in hotter temps.

Long story short.. Im not pointing fingers here but looking for input. I have already spoken with BMR and they have been wiling to take care of the vertical links if they are the issue. I lubed the lower link bolts on the delrin and the noise went away but with how loud it is now I am starting to wonder if it is completely the Delrin at fault here. Maybe it is Im not sure... I just wanted to post a quick video of the noise hoping to get input and thoughts on the matter. Its pretty nasty.. doesn't bother me much.. because racecar :D

I am going through a move.. and already took all my oem parts back to the new place so I have been unable to find time to get them and swap out some parts with stock. I am finally moved there Saturday so I can tear into this thing. Tomorrow I am hoping to find time to just lube the vertical links again and re-test on the same road. I did lube the swar bar bushings already.

I have..

Steeda Adjustable Toe arms
Steeda Adjustable Camber arms
BMR Vertical links (delrin)
BMR lockout kit
Ridetech lvl II coilovers

:frusty:
Exterior video :

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Does it sound like a boat creaking from the outside, if so that was delrin bushes on the vertical links on mine which BMR swapped out for spherical links and never had a problem since.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a similar noise coming from the rear passenger side over uneven pavement also. The noise seems to go away when a heavy passenger sits on the passenger side.

CHECK YOUR REAR SHOCK MOUNTS please. I think that's where the noise is coming from on mine. I just haven't had a chance to see for myself.

[MENTION=15416]Tcstang[/MENTION]

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Does it sound like a boat creaking from the outside, if so that was delrin bushes on the vertical links on mine which BMR swapped out for spherical links and never had a problem since.
Yes absolutely loud from the outside too. doesn't bother me much but Id rather it not be there lol. I will get these out to bmr very soon (Monday)

I have a similar noise coming from the rear passenger side over uneven pavement also. The noise seems to go away when a heavy passenger sits on the passenger side.

CHECK YOUR REAR SHOCK MOUNTS please. I think that's where the noise is coming from on mine. I just haven't had a chance to see for myself.

@Tcstang

yes over uneven pavement it is worse normally after some driving and assuming some temps get into whatever parts are causing this. My rear upper shock mounts are from ridetech and there are 4 bolts, 2 new ones into the frame rails. I will re-check those as well hopefully soon.

One reason I posted this was because I have read about a similar issue after much searching. I traced a few people down and messaged them and exact same thing. For the sake of the forum I wanted to make a post people would easily find and hopefully becomes helpful to them:thumbsup:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Bad sway bar bushing?

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Did you happen to remove your exhaust and forget to bolt back in the hangers by the differential? I had similar noise and guess what I forgot to do... started the bolts, didn't tighten them. OOOOOOPS!

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Bad sway bar bushing?
the ridetech coilovers come with brackets to relocate the bar to make room etc. Easy to reach I actually reached under undid the bracket and lubed the bushing and it made no difference at all :thumbsup:

Did you happen to remove your exhaust and forget to bolt back in the hangers by the differential? I had similar noise and guess what I forgot to do... started the bolts, didn't tighten them. OOOOOOPS!

I do have a Corsa on the car. Im pretty sure I double checked them but Ill get under it again tomorrow quick and check them :thumbsup: Entirely possible I think !

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I had this same issue.... It's your delrin Vertical Links man. They are so stiff that it's causing the rear lower control arm forward bushing to make that horrible noise. I switched to the spherical bearing ones and the noise is gone.

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I had this same issue.... It's your delrin Vertical Links man. They are so stiff that it's causing the rear lower control arm forward bushing to make that horrible noise. I switched to the spherical bearing ones and the noise is gone.
Appreciate the input :cheers: I am a little upset because if it is I posed this question before I purchased them and noone seemed to have an answer. In fact at the time the word was spherical made noise. This is just on a different level. I wanted this info here for anyone who may get the noise or does end up searching for the difference between the different versions.

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
added a video to the original post from outside the car. Louder than I thought lol !

Added to op too

I did some experimenting .. I was under the impression the lower mounting bushings were squeaking when tightened down. Based on what I see from other brands .. The Centre bearing (metal part bolt goes through) protrudes from the bushings . Other brands from what I can search don't squeak. The bmr lower mounts have the Delrin being as thick .. Thicker actually so I thought the noise was coming from there. I busted out the sawzall and cut the bushings so the metal protrudes and the bushing won't be tightened down in between the mounting points. Well I was wrong ! Noise is still there. Pics to come shortly.

Next week I'll have my oem parts on hand to swap back .

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
added a video to the original post from outside the car. Louder than I thought lol !

Added to op too

I did some experimenting .. I was under the impression the lower mounting bushings were squeaking when tightened down. Based on what I see from other brands .. The Centre bearing (metal part bolt goes through) protrudes from the bushings . Other brands from what I can search don't squeak. The bmr lower mounts have the Delrin being as thick .. Thicker actually so I thought the noise was coming from there. I busted out the sawzall and cut the bushings so the metal protrudes and the bushing won't be tightened down in between the mounting points. Well I was wrong ! Noise is still there. Pics to come shortly.

Next week I'll have my oem parts on hand to swap back .

Exact same noise mine made about a month after installing vertical links, I had BMR delrin/spherical vertical links. BMR sent me spherical bearings to swap out for delrin and fixed the issue. Being silent for six months now! :)

I love your wheels, some questions if I may:
What size wheels, offsets and tyre size please?
What springs?
What camera/phone you using for video?

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Exact same noise mine made about a month after installing vertical links, I had BMR delrin/spherical vertical links. BMR sent me spherical bearings to swap out for delrin and fixed the issue. Being silent for six months now! :)

I love your wheels, some questions if I may:
What size wheels, offsets and tyre size please?
What springs?
What camera/phone you using for video?
Thx for the input. Me too.. The squeaking started maybe a few weeks after I installed them. If I may ask, did they send you the spherical for top and bottom ? I believe mine are the Delrin/Delrin.

I re-read Jeffs post above and he mentioned the lower control arm bushing was the culprit. That's quite interesting. I'm wondering if because I'm much lower than stock it puts the suspension and Lca in a position that is causing the squeak to be far more pronounced.

To answer your question I think I have a link in my sig for my thread on all the details on the setup ;) but thanks and they are ace alloy devotions. 20x9/10.5 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 . They are my winter setup .. Dws-06. No springs .. Never for me. Ridetech coilovers all around. The ride and handling , even on all seasons for now) blows the stock pp setup out of the water :thumbsup: camera was my iPhone 6+

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Get spherical top and bottom. This suggestion from my having spoken with Kelly about the topic a while ago. Top. And. Bottom. It's the way to go. (Alas, I have different V-links and I don't get noise from them but it's a poly bushing so much more play.)

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Get spherical top and bottom. This suggestion from my having spoken with Kelly about the topic a while ago. Top. And. Bottom. It's the way to go. (Alas, I have different V-links and I don't get noise from them but it's a poly bushing so much more play.)
My last communication with Kelly was asking that exact same thing.. If instead of sending line back to have the lowers relaxed if I could purchase an upgrade to go all spherical. I never got a reply and I sort of slacked on following up :doh:

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Thx for the input. Me too.. The squeaking started maybe a few weeks after I installed them. If I may ask, did they send you the spherical for top and bottom ? I believe mine are the Delrin/Delrin.

I re-read Jeffs post above and he mentioned the lower control arm bushing was the culprit. That's quite interesting. I'm wondering if because I'm much lower than stock it puts the suspension and Lca in a position that is causing the squeak to be far more pronounced.

To answer your question I think I have a link in my sig for my thread on all the details on the setup ;) but thanks and they are ace alloy devotions. 20x9/10.5 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 . They are my winter setup .. Dws-06. No springs .. Never for me. Ridetech coilovers all around. The ride and handling , even on all seasons for now) blows the stock pp setup out of the water :thumbsup: camera was my iPhone 6+
I narrowed the noise to the lower control arm fwd bushings. But the vertical links are causing them to maybe flex in a certain way that causes the squeak. I put the stock back on and it went away. Also added the spherical bearing ones and also the squeak went away.
Sponsored