Sponsored

BMR vertical links vs Steeda vertical links

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Anybody use BMR vertical links? I've herd good things about both companies. Im.leaning more towards BMR because the price is 60 dollars cheaper. But they both seem to made out of the same material. What do u guys think?
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Both are great.

For the next few weeks it boils down to what "bushing" solution you want, IMO.

Our current ones shipping are bearing only, as pictured.

In a few weeks, we are rolling out with and shipping our new design, which will be the ONLY vertical links that have the ability to be used as Delrin only, Bearing only, or Delrin/Bearing combo.

I think you will be happy with whatever path you pick.

I can tell you this, ours are on a heck of alot more "fast" cars than anyone else's. So if strength, design, and durability area concern, ours you can feel confident in if you are going to push the car hard. ;)

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
In a nut shell, Delrin will only allow pivoting on one plane.

A bearing allows for a wide range of articulation.

Both are going to perform the similar in this type of application.

They both have pros and cons.

This is why we are releasing a "modular" design soon, so the customer has the ability to pick whatever they want.

TCA045 - Bearing
TCA046 - Delrin
TCA047 - Delrin Bearing

But all part #'s will be a modular design that will allow you to use whichever style you choose. ;)

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Delrin Pros:
Highly durable
Practically zero deflection

Delrin Cons:
Lack of articulation - pivots on single plane

Bearing Pros:
Articulation characteristics are the best (no bind)
Ability to lubricate without removing
Common part (FK HIN12T) - not specific to BMR, easy to get if in a crunch
Proven more than any bushing application, in high-performance industry

Bearing Cons:
Durability VS Delrin (bearings will wear out before Delrin does)It seems as if I am biasing towards bearings, because I am a fan of a spherical joint. Ford is too, thus the reason there are so many spherical joints "bushing" on this S550 IRS System. ;)
I am sure I missed out on a few things, but that's "in a nut shell"

rainier446

Professional Amateur Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
EDIT: How well is a spherical bearing going to hold up against salt, weather, humidity, etc. that a lot of us have to deal with? Basically which is best for DD in the North/Northeast?

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
EDIT: How well is a spherical bearing going to hold up against salt, weather, humidity, etc. that a lot of us have to deal with? Basically which is best for DD in the North/Northeast?
Delrin IMO. If you go bearing in our weather you better buy a custom rubber boot and/or clean it regularly.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I see the difference between the steeda and the BMR virtical links. Their bushing solutions r different. Steeda uses the Delrin bushings and BMR uses bearing

Sponsored

ozracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
BMR how much articulation is there supposed to be in a vertical link. I would have thought it would be extremely insignifcant and the benefits would be so small if any they would be hard to quantify?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
BMR how much articulation is there supposed to be in a vertical link. I would have thought it would be extremely insignifcant and the benefits would be so small if any they would be hard to quantify?
Considering the design features of this "Vertical Link" IRS System, in a perfect scenario you do not want to see any articulation, per say.

The issue we have with the Delrin only design on a mostly stock IRS system, is that when the car is being driven hard there is what we call "deflection" in the Upper Camber Link, and Lower Toe Link assembly.

The "Toe Deflection" in these cars is not optimal. It is a little excessive in my opinion.

When you experience suspension travel, compression or rebound, and toe change/deflection - the OE vertical link is designed to allow for the articulation needed.

The PLUS side is, the Delrin Vertical Links actually help limit this deflection. The downfall (theory, because it has not happened) is that when you use the Vertical Link to limit toe deflection, you are putting stress loads into the RLCA Mounting point.

These are all factors in our design process.

When we do offer the Delrin version shortly, we will recommend that the customer purchase and install the FRPP Monoball Toe Bushing upgrade pieces, OR the BMR Bearing Upgrade for the Toe Bushing when it becomes available. Installing these removes the rubber on the outboard side of the Toe Link, which will limit toe deflection.

:thumbsup:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to mention the RLCA Front Bushing (massive Rubber Bushing) is also a big contributor to the toe deflection seen in this system.

That is also a part that we are about to release very soon, maybe 1-2 weeks, that I will also recommend the customer use when going with the Delrin Vertical Links.

The OEM design on the RLCA has a massive rubber bushing on the Fore Pivot Point, and a massive Spherical/Bearing design on the aft pivot point.

Under load, this causes the wheel to move forward, and the toe changes as the outboard knuckle mount pitches inboard.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
So will I be ok if I buy the virtical link that you have to offer now as a daily driver? Do I have to clean it or buy a " custom boot" like J burgess 1379 said? Do I have to worry about squeaks and noises?

ozracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
thanks for the explanantion BMR Tech and I stumbled onto your video on the other thread great work
Sponsored