Sponsored

NASTY squeaking from rear suspension !!! Thoughts ?

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Well thanks to all contributors to this and a similar thread. After installing the delrin vertical links it’s like listening to the underwater sounds made during the death-throws of a ship that’s just been torpedoed. The tearing metal like sound inside and outside the car are loud, and my wife was embarrassed to ride in it due to the looks we get in a small country town.

No “grease here” instructions were included as others have indicated. There was also no NVH disclaimer on the instructions or the large reseller site I bought them from. (as there is now on the OEM site.) I should have got the spherical bearing versions. I have a swag of other related parts to go on (not fitted yet) but from this group and responses, perhaps I’ll do things a bit differently.

I’ve ordered some of the Amsoil synthetic polymetric grease recommended a few times, and will definitely use it in places I had not planned. I’ll also blast the paint off my rear Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe Links and get them powder coated locally before I put them on.

Also I’ll get some Seals-it RODOBAL Rod End Dust Boot Sets (no affiliation) as suggested by someone for the bearing end.

Would anyone who has actually used these rod end dust boots please advise me (forum or PM) of the correct size rod end boots to order that fit the Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe Links bearing ends please? I have to make an international order and need to ensure I get the correct ones first time.

TIA.
Sponsored

Massih408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT PP
Has anyone found the definitive answer to this issue? I have BMR sway bars, and end links lowered on RideTech coilovers and have the same exact creak as the video OP shared

NorthernMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Has anyone found the definitive answer to this issue? I have BMR sway bars, and end links lowered on RideTech coilovers and have the same exact creak as the video OP shared
Did you grease the swaybar mounts, and end links at the grease nipples? (2 per end link + at swaybar mounts)
I had no issues with the same setup but greased once a year.

Most squeaks discussed in this thread were caused by Delrin bushings, often on vertical links. My delrin vertical links started squeaking after winter driving, so I swapped to the red (softer) BMR links and they were great.
All BMR stuff is great IMO, but some climates and driving conditions require more maintenance if you're going to use delrin or spherical (metal on metal)...

Massih408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT PP
I swapped out my camber arms for AAD ones as I thought that was what causing the squeaking from other threads, i greased the sway bar end links as well but has not solved squeaking, guessing it’s vertical links next but the bushings looked fine

NorthernMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Sponsored

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
the inboard camber arm bolt is difficult to torque down properly on an alignment rack. after i got my alignment done it started squeaking and clicking. it went away when i tightened that bolt. you need an xl length 18 mm ratcheting flexhead wrench and take the wheel off to get at it better.
Sponsored