Good For you "dh3605".......I'm 3 years ahead of ya!! :like: :wink:
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Manuals are just more fun to drive for me. Automatics are boring.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I was at the track yesterday, and beat a 2016 6 speed stick with a Roush SC, and 740 RWHP to the 1/8 mile every time with my car only having a tune & tire. Beat a Cammed, Ported & polished 1LE 2018 Camaro (550 RWHP) bad through the 1/4. But since drag racing isn't your thing, get the 6 speed.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Based on OP comments, I think the manual will be more to your liking. You stated no drag strip and only spirited driving, so that would lean towards the manual for me. I've driven the A10 and it will haul butt fast from the stop but driving is more than just taking off fast. Driving the A10 around town at a leisurely pace, left a lot to be desired for me. I'm not knocking the A10, just giving my thoughts. I have enough AT's in the garage, that if there is a day I don't want to shift, I can grab one of the other cars.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Go out and get the only Mustang with the DCT, a 2020 gt-500. Surely a guy who can afford to buy a Porche can afford to buy Ford's best Mustang of all time...lol

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I had a 13 gt with m6 and now a 19 gt with a10. The a10 is not perfect, but overall i feel its better for street use. Its a daily driver and have yet taken to road course, but i live in an area where there are a lot of back roads. I drive in track mode and use paddles daily. Yes with spirited driving in twisties you have to learn to use paddles. I manually initiate downshifts before corners and also when passing. Allows me to control car better. And at stop lights or drag racing, no contest. Gas it and hold on!

OBTW I do have Ford performance tune now which supposedly changes shifting as well.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, well with MANuals you drive the car, the car doesn't drive you. If you don't use your skill properly you're gonna crash it. It's not for the poser it's a real drivers car. More control over the vehicle than automatic transmissions can offer. But it all depends on your end goals.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I never even drove the auto. It was not an option. I really wanted a GT350 or Bullitt, but I was trying to be fiscally responsible, so I ended up with a sub-$35k GT PP1. I daily drive a BMW 135i with the DCT, and it only seems peppy when I have it in manual mode. It's no substitute for a manual, but it sure makes driving in traffic nicer. I'm sure you already know the answer, but you'll figure it out. It doesn't sound like you're a drag strip demon, so I think the choice is obvious.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
GT500 with DCT is probably closest to the PDK experience but also a lot of car. Mach 1 with the Tremec could be an interesting option for you. Will also have rev match feature and is a loaded GT from an options perspective as I understand it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I never even drove the auto. It was not an option. I really wanted a GT350 or Bullitt, but I was trying to be fiscally responsible, so I ended up with a sub-$35k GT PP1. I daily drive a BMW 135i with the DCT, and it only seems peppy when I have it in manual mode. It's no substitute for a manual, but it sure makes driving in traffic nicer. I'm sure you already know the answer, but you'll figure it out. It doesn't sound like you're a drag strip demon, so I think the choice is obvious.
Yep, i knew what i really wanted all along. A PP2 car...
20200919_132244.jpg

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Traded my 2019 A10 for a 20 M6. The A 10 is much quicker but the manual is much more entertaining for me. Figured at 70 years old, I donā€™t have that much time left to enjoy a car like the Mustang.
I hope to be like you when im that old, youre my hero for still rowing gears!

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I'll be 74 in March and still LOVE "ROWING" my 2019 5.0 GT Vert although I've become a "SLOWER ROWER"!!:wink:

GOOD for you "dh3605"......KOKO!! :thumbsup:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I guess will never completely understand why Ford didn't put a tremec in every tier mustang. Gm did it in their camaroā€™s and corvettes. Ford cheaped out on us and gave us an issue plagued Chinese pos Mt82 transmission. Its the reason why i went auto. If they offered a tremec on the regular gtā€™s iā€™d be driving one now and so would alot more auto owners. The fact that they only put tremecā€™s in the upper tier mustangs and didnā€™t care about the average guy who cant afford those cars proves my point. Thereā€™s still a class action lawsuit going on to this day in regards to the Mt82 transmission. You guys will be getting a $$check$$ soon!
Sponsored