Sponsored

A10 owners, check your oil level!

speedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 triple black GT convertible
How are you getting specific transmission temps ? Are you using a scan tool ? I only see a needle on the dash for trans temp
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How are you getting specific transmission temps ? Are you using a scan tool ? I only see a needle on the dash for trans temp
If you have a 2019, in the dash cluster menu, you should be able to toggle to the gauge list. In the list you should see a readout for the trans temp (if you have a 10R80). I know the feature exists on my 2018 w/ PP and 10R80.

So with steering wheel control, go to main menu where you would see “Gauge Mode” at top, click it and it brings you to the “Gauge Detail” of available gauges; scroll up or down in that list to find the “Trans Oil Temp”. That readout is the actual temp of the trans fluid.

See pages 89-90 of the 2019 Owners Manual here, which will give you a lot more info for those selections:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_05_2018.pdf#pag

barfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bart
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1 a10
same here, 1/2 quart low. still doesn't shift right in low gears but it is better.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I still haven't checked mine.. but I haven't really had a reason to. I've had a couple of slips that occurred at low speeds when on a hill. This was shortly after I got my GT. No problems since though, and I've been on the same hills numerous times.

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
How hard is it to add trans fluid? Do you need a special tool/funnel or can you just poor straight in...? Obviously need a lift.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
How hard is it to add trans fluid? Do you need a special tool/funnel or can you just poor straight in...? Obviously need a lift.
You need a pump with a tube. Similar to adding oil to a differential. I don't think you could get much up in there by trying to pour anything in.

speedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 triple black GT convertible
You definitely need a pump like FlimFlamm said. There is no room to pour from a bottle. I bought one of these for the job and it worked good. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DTS8N7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You should check yours ASAP, mine was half a quart low. After the fluid was added it seemed to shift better

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
You definitely need a pump like FlimFlamm said. There is no room to pour from a bottle. I bought one of these for the job and it worked good. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DTS8N7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You should check yours ASAP, mine was half a quart low. After the fluid was added it seemed to shift better
Mine was checked via dealer some 5k miles ago. Tech said it was a beotch and had to use a welders glove to check it due to hot cat sitting next to plug. They never directly confirmed it was low or not and said they where not going to add any more...? I bet it was a tad low imo. Could not imagine adding 1/2 a quart would hurt or over fill it.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
just reviving this thread with a unasked question.
Does the engine need to be idling whilst checking trans fluid ?
If so , why ?
Wht did Ford not give a engine off and cold trans level ? Was this not possible or are the engineers just plain sadist ?

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
What if someone who knows for certain that they have the proper fluid level with the car at operating temperature were to pull the dipstick & note where the level is on the dipstick after setting cold & engine dead?

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
I would have thought they could have a sensor to tell us what the levels were. Do any mustangs do this factree?