Sponsored

MT82 or A10? Your thoughts...

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
You can't compare a PDK to the A10, the PDK is in a whole other league.

I'd be careful with a MT82 also, really hit or miss on reliability
Sponsored

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I will say, however, than a tuned A10 doesn't shift faster but feels better, especially in the different drive modes.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You can't compare a PDK to the A10, the PDK is in a whole other league.
Indeed. Whoever doesn't agree hasn't driven one. I owned a 2016 Cayman GTS PDK, and a 2018 F-150 Platinum A10, and absolutely no comparison. The A10 loses badly to even its counterpart, the (also) German ZF-8 tranny. It's okay, but it's nowhere as refined. And it's just in a different category than a PDK. The PDK shifts instantly, it does imperceptible aggressive throttle-blip downshifts, and you can even hit N by pulling both paddles at the same time. If you're going to have an auto, a PDK is as close as you'd ever get to a manual tranny.

Going back to the subject, the MT82, especially the D4 version, should be quite reliable. Its main source of issues seems to be abuse IMO, so if you don't plan to shift it like a madman, and you know how to drive a manual well, I wouldn't even worry about reliability of the tranny or clutch :).

Last edited:

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Automatics = you can run 12's. Your grandmother can run 12's. Well actually not you or your grandmother, cause lets face it, he car is. Point N shoot.

Manuals = I can run 7 seconds quicker than my grandmother driving my car even though she knows how to drive a manual.

Point being a manual is a driver's car, a fast manual is a driver that know his/hers car very well.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The two fastest track cars the ford makes are not manuals. The Ford Gt & the 2020 gt-500. You can enjoy rowing the gears all you want, you’ll enjoy it less after being gapped by an automatic. “Case closed”..

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The two fastest track cars the ford makes are not manuals. The Ford Gt & the 2020 gt-500. You can enjoy rowing the gears all you want, you’ll enjoy it less after being gapped by an automatic. “Case closed”..
Fast doesn't always equal fun "case closed"

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
No one asked which was fastest, thats already known. I am sure you are gapping people around town on a regular basis LOL. Some of us don't race on the streets and enjoy other apsects of driving...

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
There is nothing more fun in these cars then gapping the other guy, especially when its a manual car opponent. “Ah man, i missed a shift, lets run it back.. lol“. Face it guys the manual trans is all but dead. Nothing shifts faster then a dct which happens to be the most popular high performance trans on the top performance cars in the world .... I’d take an A-10 over a tremec magnum, the Chinese mt-82 is’nt even in the conversation...

have fun playing with your sticks

Last edited:

Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
There is nothing more fun in these cars then gapping the other guy, especially when its a manual car opponent. “Ah man, i missed a shift, lets run it back.. lol“. Face it guys the manual trans is all but dead. Nothing shifts faster then a dct which happens to be the most popular high performance trans on the top performance cars in the world .. have fun playing with your sticks.. i’d take an A-10 over a tremec magnum, the Chinese mt-82 is’nt even in the conversation...

I bet you're a real badass out there with your roll racing

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I bet you're a real badass out there with your roll racing
He needs to drive a pdk to see what a really good auto is like...10 gears is too many! Case closed!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
A10 might be for girls, and all of that, but they're quicker than a manual; there's no argument with that. But no way in hell I'd give up my manual tranny for an A10. Or even a PDK. It's just the hell of a lot more fun and involved to drive a manual... and there should be no argument there either :). Having said that, if I was a racer, and my income depended on it, of course I'd drive the fastest possible tranny to be competitive.

Finally, manuals might be declining, but they're not out yet. The best driver's car in the world will come out soon (the multi-million dollar Murray V-12 12K-rpm NA T-50), and it will be available only with a 6-sp manual transmission :rockon:.
Sponsored