Sponsored

MT82 or A10? Your thoughts...

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Not every who buys a Mustang takes it to the track and even if I did still would have the 6 speed
when we went to get the 2020 the sales guy did everything he could to talk us into a auto and my wife said look it might be faster that is great but we want the 6 speed
IMG_6564.jpg
IMG_6565.jpg

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
I even tried out my dad's SCAT PACK Charger it was fun to drive but I guess after 38 years of driving a stick shift in every car I have had ( not trucks ) not going to change

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Oh, you're butthurt on the internet. You must be such a bigbrain toughguy in the real world.
Butthurt about what exactly? Lol, you sound like the one who is butthurt that we don't all want to drive an auto.

You posted the most generic and overused meme of all time so I made a joke but I guess you're just sensitive :crying:

Explains your love for the auto actually lmao

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm a diehard manual guy (all my Mustangs have been manuals), but my new F150 RCSB with the 5.0/A10 has me drinking the Kool Aid.

If I were to order a GT now I'd be hard pressed not to go A10, it has to be a blast. My truck is a hoot on on-ramps slurping E85, I can imagine what the Mustang is like in the same scenario.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a diehard manual guy (all my Mustangs have been manuals), but my new F150 RCSB with the 5.0/A10 has me drinking the Kool Aid.

If I were to order a GT now I'd be hard pressed not to go A10, it has to be a blast. My truck is a hoot on on-ramps slurping E85, I can imagine what the Mustang is like in the same scenario.
I read guys who have remorse from going a10. They enjoyed it, loved it. But started missing shifting once the phase wore off.
Id rather be a little slower and enjoy the interaction of the shift. Just feels awesome rowing

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I read guys who have remorse from going a10. They enjoyed it, loved it. But started missing shifting once the phase wore off.
Id rather be a little slower and enjoy the interaction of the shift. Just feels awesome rowing
That's a concern. I'm planning on going to a GT500 before they end their run, and currently the ADMs and dealer BS surrounding them are keeping me at bay which is giving me time to ponder. The more I think about one, I'm uncertain about how I'd be with the DCT after the honeymoon ends. I need to get a ride in one.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
A DCT is much nicer than a regular auto, like the A10... BUT the one on the GT500 is reportedly a Tremec unit, which is brand new for them, so I'd pass on it just for that reason. All of the DCT early adopters had a ton of issues. I'm assuming Tremec probably bought a unit to study it, reducing chances of severe issues, but still.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A DCT is much nicer than a regular auto, like the A10... BUT the one on the GT500 is reportedly a Tremec unit, which is brand new for them, so I'd pass on it just for that reason. All of the DCT early adopters had a ton of issues. I'm assuming Tremec probably bought a unit to study it, reducing chances of severe issues, but still.
Which is another reason I'll wait to get a '22. By then any issues will be there for all to see. They seem robust so far.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Manuals are the best!!!
A10's suck!! (but not really)

Odoyle rules!!!

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
Has anyone had their A10 tuned?

wondering what the impressions are?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thats exactly what happened to me with my DSG GTI. After about 8 months I regretted not getting the manual.

RockinaFiesta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 2019 Fiesta
The two fastest track cars the ford makes are not manuals. The Ford Gt & the 2020 gt-500. You can enjoy rowing the gears all you want, you’ll enjoy it less after being gapped by an automatic. “Case closed”..
I really do feel that you’re missing the point. At the price of the Mustang, you can likely build or buy any one of 1000 combinations that might outrun Mustang in a straight line.

A nitrous bottle and a rusty $500 pickup off Craigslist might be enough “gap” even the A10 Mustang, once or twice..

A Mustang with a 6-speed and a good exhaust grumbles and rumbles and pops and growls better than the original bullitt Mustang. You get that experience every time you drive it, even if you’re not driving it hard.
Sponsored