Modifying As-Built Data Guide

the_scotsman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Is the OBDLink MX the best one to use? Are there others that are confirmed working? The MX is quite pricey here in Australia (≈ $200), so I'm wondering if there's anything a bit cheaper.
Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Going to need some help here. I was messing with some forscan settings on BdyCM, and made the mistake of not saving on eof the changes I made, which is changing how hte dash indicator lights flash and chime. Now, instead of a slow, steady click, its 1, 1-2, 1 , 1, 1-2, 1. When I turn on hazards, the lights and chime are normal.

The lights on the outside of the car are normal as well.

Everything I can recall changing I have changed back, except for tire size, which was hte whole reason for being in forscan.

Any ideas what I changed?!

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Going to need some help here. I was messing with some forscan settings on BdyCM, and made the mistake of not saving on eof the changes I made, which is changing how hte dash indicator lights flash and chime. Now, instead of a slow, steady click, its 1, 1-2, 1 , 1, 1-2, 1. When I turn on hazards, the lights and chime are normal.

The lights on the outside of the car are normal as well.

Everything I can recall changing I have changed back, except for tire size, which was hte whole reason for being in forscan.

Any ideas what I changed?!
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt

Sponsored

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Not sure this is the correct place but since my car got tuned it seems my active exhaust is well half there... it's a 2021 Mustang GT base with factory Active exhaust. So I can get in to quiet mode and then I think just normal mode. If I switch between normal and track I don't hear the actuator, quiet to any mode I hear the actuator. Checked Forscan and line one shows it's disabled, so easy enough I can enable it again but line 2 is asking to replace with a letter but in my line the letter is the last character showing that's it's disabled. I'm confused and have left it as is. Hoping someone can help me out. So I've attached a picture below showing where the change should take place but in my code the letter C is where I have drawn the arrow. Sorry for the confusing post. Any helps appreciated.

IMG_20230815_200405.jpg

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Those are hexadecimal values.

each ? or X corresponds to four 1/0 values.

E = 1110
C = 1100

Your image indicates that the 2^1 bit in the first nibble of 720-10-01 applies to active exhaust.

Convention says that the X's are not to be touched as they have no bearing on the particular feature you are attempting to fiddle with. However, there are checksum bits that forscan will automatically toggle.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
15 Roush Mustang, 17 F-Pace, 00 Firebird, 99 Rado
Hey I’m looking for some assistance. I have 15 PP Ecoboost m6. I’ve got the track apps and drive modes I’ve successfully added Line Lock and got the options for launch control in the IPC. however when I go to intialize it i can set I rpm limit but I can’t initiate it and I don’t get LC in the bottom corner. Even tho I would probably never use it. I would like to add the functionality of if. I think it’s bogus the 15-17 performance pack cars were not given LL and LC as easy as LL was to add I imagine LC is too and I’m just missing something like changing a number in the as build for it IPC or ABS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
Can anyone help me with getting forscan to recognize my 23 Mach 1? It keeps asking for a pcm or tune number. TIA.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Can anyone help me with getting forscan to recognize my 23 Mach 1? It keeps asking for a pcm or tune number. TIA.

I'm gonna try to make this sound as basic as possible. So if you already know some of this stuff please don't take it as me being a dick - I'm not sure how familiar people are with computers and such.

Enter your VIN on this website: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

It'll let you download the default asbuilt data from ford for your car.

Find the downloaded file in your downloads folder. It should be labeled "YOURVIN.ab"

Control + click on the file and choose "open with" and select the app "notepad"

Then when it's open hit "Control + F" for 'find' and a pop up will come up and allow you to type into the search bar

In the search bar type "12A650" - this is the base ford number for the PCM. It should highight a section of text in all the mess of data that you're looking at.

The number you want to use for PCM stategy is the set of numbers NEXT to the PCM number. I've attached a screenshot below of what mine looks like.

That number is what goes into forscan and allows you to read the PCM while tuned!

Let me know if you need help

This is what the search shows up with for MY car:

1693075047822.png

This is the number that you need to enter into Forscan (it might be a different number from what mine shows but should be structured the same) 'XXXX-XXXXXX-XXX'

1693075077521.png

Last edited:

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
I'm gonna try to make this sound as basic as possible. So if you already know some of this stuff please don't take it as me being a dick - I'm not sure how familiar people are with computers and such.

Enter your VIN on this website: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

It'll let you download the default asbuilt data from ford for your car.

Find the downloaded file in your downloads folder. It should be labeled "YOURVIN.ab"

Control + click on the file and choose "open with" and select the app "notepad"

Then when it's open hit "Control + F" for 'find' and a pop up will come up and allow you to type into the search bar

In the search bar type "12A650" - this is the base ford number for the PCM. It should highight a section of text in all the mess of data that you're looking at.

The number you want to use for PCM stategy is the set of numbers NEXT to the PCM number. I've attached a screenshot below of what mine looks like.

That number is what goes into forscan and allows you to read the PCM while tuned!

Let me know if you need help

This is what the search shows up with for MY car:

1693075047822.png

This is the number that you need to enter into Forscan (it might be a different number from what mine shows but should be structured the same) 'XXXX-XXXXXX-XXX'

1693075077521.png
Thanks so much for the help! Your images are broken links for me. I think I was able to get the PCM but just wnat to make sure I pulled the right numbers.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Thanks so much for the help! Your images are broken links for me. I think I was able to get the PCM but just wnat to make sure I pulled the right numbers.
Check the images now. I just reuploaded them
Sponsored