PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi all,

I'm new to FORScan and have an Australian 2017 Mustang GT. I would like to change a few things if possible.

I've enabled Remote Start but it doesn't work. Do I need a different remote? Someone told me I didn't but I'm not so sure. Do I need to get the AS-BUILT values for this to work?

I've tried to enable Mirror Auto-fold but FORScan says it's not configurable. Is there a way around this. It'd be easier than remembering to press the button each time.
I got a fellow forum member (@Valiant ) to sort remote start on my 18 auto GT. It did require a new fob and I got two at the time. The fob has 4 buttons rather than the usual 3 for Aus cars of that vintage. My old two fobs also continue to function as they allways did. No other hardware was required but programming of the new fobs was required as was the turning on the software via Forscan.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi all,

I'm new to FORScan and have an Australian 2017 Mustang GT. I would like to change a few things if possible.

I've enabled Remote Start but it doesn't work. Do I need a different remote? Someone told me I didn't but I'm not so sure. Do I need to get the AS-BUILT values for this to work?

I've tried to enable Mirror Auto-fold but FORScan says it's not configurable. Is there a way around this. It'd be easier than remembering to press the button each time.
I understand that the only way to get your mirrors to fold on stopping and starting is to get an aftermarket electronic gizmo that fits inside your door and was designed for convertible roof folding but also has the mirror function. Probably needs a search on this forum. From memory it was not very expensive but did require some diy wiring.

the_scotsman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I understand that the only way to get your mirrors to fold on stopping and starting is to get an aftermarket electronic gizmo that fits inside your door and was designed for convertible roof folding but also has the mirror function. Probably needs a search on this forum. From memory it was not very expensive but did require some diy wiring.
I bought this one: https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/4000...st_main.5.33ee1802gdS1kW&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm

Worked great for a week, then stopped working. Turned out it got soaked with rain water. The interior of the door cavity gets wet, and soaked the control board.

Considering buying another one, and sealing it in a plastic bag, as it worked great.
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs