Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
2015 Mustang GT

I wonder if anyone can help or point me in the right direction.

I have a 2015 Mustang GT 50yr that has most every option. It is an automatic with cross traffic alert and blind spot alert. It does not have parking aid (backup/reverse sensors). I looked at the wiring diagram and see the wiring is there from the BCM all the way back to the rear bumper. The only thing that looks different wiring wise between this and the vehicle that has the parking aid looks to be a different harness and the sensor. I bought the wiring harness (less than $30 bucks) and the four sensors(less then $25 each). Plugged it in and changed what I thought was the correct address in the BCM. Nothing. Hmm, o ya, I forgot about the IPC module(toggle for settings) and the APIM module (sound through speakers).
I found a vehicle that looked identical except the gear ratio. I changed all three module settings using the data from that vehicle and here is what I have when key is turned on. Park Aid Fault. Press the okay button on the MyFord Touch display. Look in settings and it now has a Park Aid setting too. I can scroll up or down between on or off but off is selected.
It shows the little car with the beam symbol behind the car.
Any thoughts on what I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated. Sure wish this was mapped in our as built sheet. Thanks!
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
If you tell me what addresses you're looking at, I will check to see what mine are with the parking aid.

On a separate note, how do you find ABs for other vehicles and what features they have? Is there a DB somewhere?

OP
OP
Mustang_GT

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
If you tell me what addresses you're looking at, I will check to see what mine are with the parking aid.

On a separate note, how do you find ABs for other vehicles and what features they have? Is there a DB somewhere?
I wish there was a database. The closest thing we have here are the Excel/Google sheets. I don't have the addresses for thosememory blocks. I went on Cartrader and found the closet match. Running an Oasis and then using the App one of the guys on here made(I'm on my iPad at the moment but will post a link in a bit) that takes the two asbuilt files (original car and then the other I found) that I download from Motorcraft.com ( just put the vin# in). I then modified those three modules. Obviously I'm missing another interacting module (like the two rear outer park Aid Modules)or?

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Really pulling for you to get this one figured out. I would love to do a full retrofit on the reverse sensors as well. Wish I could help ya but you're way ahead of me in this process. Looks like you're pretty close to getting it finished up though!!!

-Nick

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt -> for the As-built data by VIN (load, enter country, load again)

www.etis.ford.com -> for a list of features by VIN

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So you just need VINs from other vehicles? Then you can see what features they have using ETIS and then look at the actual as-built data for the specific feature?
yep.

VINs can be readily found at cars.com or autotrader.com...

Or anywhere really... The VIN is public information required to be displayed in the lower driver corner of the windshield.

OP
OP
Mustang_GT

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
VINs

yep.

VINs can be readily found at cars.com or autotrader.com...

Or anywhere really... The VIN is public information required to be displayed in the lower driver corner of the windshield.
That's how I got as close as I did. I found a similar car and plugged those in. Must be something I have missed. I will keep trying. I got it to see the sensors and I can see the option in the cluster. I can scroll the two options (on or off) but can't select. It also has a DTC for PAM not initialized and it shows PIDS for front and back sensors? Hmm.
I don't give up easily.

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
Reverse Back Sensor

Did you ever figure this out?
Sponsored