Sponsored

Millennial Theft Proofing my Mustang

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If I filled up at 1/2 tank, that would mean I would have to turn around and go back to the gas station after getting home from filling up lol.

Funny as hell, I fill at 1/2 a tank .... 4bucks a gal for Marathon, ROTF that's some story, learn anything ?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
vehicle was barely a few months old so probably not, but then again this is Ford we're talking about... After about 20 minutes at speed it cooled off and shifting and such returned to baseline.
Brand new S550's with the 10R80 have been found to have low fluid levels. If you still have the car, get the fluid level checked; there have been many M6G 10R80 owners who have found the trans was not properly filled.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Brand new S550's with the 10R80 have been found to have low fluid levels. If you still have the car, get the fluid level checked; there have been many M6G 10R80 owners who have found the trans was not properly filled.
For sure it should go back & checked. Checking that fluid level is a stupid PIA. Wonder what the thinking was (if there was any) for that little gift to the auto world.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
My grandpa was a WWII veteran, and probably would have thought a CCO or ACOG was pretty neat.

I was trained on iron sights, 2004-2010. In 2010 I finally saw CCO up close, and was like "That's got to by why that doofus is shooting better than me."

So while I was deployed to Asscrackistan, I bought myself a CCO for my birthday, and put it on the M16A2 the Air Force had issued me. Took it to the range the next chance I got, and by the end of the day I shot better than most of the doofuses around me.

(Then I found out the whole DoD had gone to a new model of CCO, and the armory no longer had the batteries for my kind. šŸ™„)
Your Grandpa is one of the cool ones then šŸ¤™ respect.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
everyone always complains about that with stickā€¦.iā€™m 34 and have been driving stick since i learned on my moms 98 pathfinder when i was 16. iā€™ve commuted and sat in traffic numerous times and never once thought, man i wish i had an auto. then again my entire family drives stick. my dad is 72 and just bought a tacoma 6speed bc he said f having an auto šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I learned to drive at 15 on a '54 Chevy with a column shifter. I wonder how many people can actually drive a manual that isn't a floor shifter... Yeah, I know, I'm OLD.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
What millennial would steal a Mustang anyway? Everybody knows the millennials go for Camry's and Civics šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

To the OP, well done.
Let's not forget the Mitsu EVOs

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Just checked KBB and autos only have a slightly higher resale value; less than $100 difference.
It doesnā€™t matter how much something is worth when you canā€™t find a buyer. Automatics sell faster and more easily.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
It doesnā€™t matter how much something is worth when you canā€™t find a buyer. Automatics sell faster and more easily.
I think with v8 rear wheel drive performance cars, it is different than a honda accord with a manual.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Let's just get this out of the way. I get it that it's ok for people to act like bigots for all kinds of reasons, blab about their grievances and point blame at one group or another and get away with it these days but it's still a bad look. This rubbed me the wrong way, perhaps because I'm married to a Millennial who is the most capable, competent, wise human being I've ever known.
Wasteful? How is owning/driving as many awesome cars as you can before dying wasteful? ...
You are ok with the depreciation and it's your right to spend your money however you want. You may not consider the depreciation hit year after year after year to be a "waste" but it's about the worst way to handle money for anyone who has an income in the middle class range. That applies to almost everyone on this forum since Mustang owners tend to work for a living.

Just checked KBB and autos only have a slightly higher resale value; less than $100 difference.
Maybe it's your huge rush to turn cars over that make the slightly larger potential buyer pool between autos and manuals seem like a big deal...but I think KBB proves you are wrong, at least on the average. Considering the difference in resale is less than the cost of the automatic option when new, manuals are likely not harder to sell than autos on the used market in general. Maybe the culture in your area has some manual transmission ignorance (that could explain your taste) but on the average, your observations don't seem to hold water.

Last edited:

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Wasteful? How is owning/driving as many awesome cars as you can before dying wasteful? I gladly consider any depreciation worth it. In the past 5yrs I have been fortunate enough to drive a WRX STI, then a Jeep JKU, then a Scat Pack Challenger, the a Mini Cooper JCW Clubman, and now the Mustang GT. Next I am thinking one of the last Camaro 2ss or ZLI's.

PS: I have absolutely no loyalty. I am a total car whore.
Wait...you bought an STi with a freaking CVT automatic?
Jesus H Christ.

I'm out.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Wait...you bought an STi with a freaking CVT automatic?
Jesus H Christ.

I'm out.
I think only WRX can be had with auto / cvt. Sti is manual only - not 100% sure though.
Sponsored