Mach1 Brakes

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Does anyone have an answer to this, are our brakes just Brembo 6 piston front and single piston on the rear found on the Bullitt or GT PP pack? Nothing else different right?

Has anyone put an aftermarket brake kit on and noticed a good improvement?
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Does anyone have an answer to this, are our brakes just Brembo 6 piston front and single piston on the rear found on the Bullitt or GT PP pack? Nothing else different right?

Has anyone put an aftermarket brake kit on and noticed a good improvement?
Yes the same
Hard to beat 15” rotors and 6 pistons Brembo calipers
Brake pads do make a huge difference

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Bigger brakes just give you more tolerance to heat from repeated hard stops in a short period of time. The Brembos on the GT/PP and Mach1 are good to go up to medium-duty track work, which is a lot. They're pretty awesome.

Brake pads are a big deal for braking feel and force. If you want to upgrade anything I'd say look to pads first, except the stock pads are pretty awesome at everything except dust (which is merely a cosmetic issue).

Once and a while, flush and replace your brake fluid.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
@NightmareMoon already on the higher temp fluid and switching to a set of carbotech track pads.
Ok yeah, so you should be good to go depending on which carbotech pads you're using.

There are some bigger brake air deflectors out there (for the control arms) which may be somewhat of an upgrade if you're cooking your pads or fluid. and you're running the stock underbody with scoops to redirect air to the brakes.

If you're tracking much, you'll be doing a lot of bleeding and flushing of brake fluid, so a pressure bleeder is a really handy thing to have.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It already has stopping power that competes in real #'s with the 350R. What else do you really need?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
They are the same except there is upgraded brake booster from PP2.
The part number seems to be the same between the pp1 and PP2 booster
First time I hear that PP2 have a different booster

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
If you want less dust, ceramic pads are always an option. Personally, I don't see a reason to change anything else. If you are a tracker, ceramics are not even recommended.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The part number seems to be the same between the pp1 and PP2 booster
First time I hear that PP2 have a different booster
I don't really know how it differs between various trims, but the official overview states it as such:
"a brake booster from the Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2". Could be for marketing purposes but rather weird to mention when it obviously builds upon PP1.

The braking power is even better in test than GT350/R or Bullitt. (compared to GT/Bullitt that is due to sticky tyres of HP, I'd guess).
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36840670/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-vs-bullit-shelbys-test-numbers/

Anyway, it's the same as GT PP1. Great brakes by all means.

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, new to the forum. Just sold my 2014 GT Track Pack and am looking to get back into the game again already. One thing I hated when I ordered the 2014 was that it included a Brembo package, but only up front. This looks to be the same situation where the rear calipers are single piston, unlike the GT350 or 500. Why is it that Ford doesnt put this on the rear of these cars or at least option it? Thanks and please forgive my ignorance on the subject.
Mike

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Probably because the brakes work fine for 99.9% of people. Mach 1 has one of the shortest braking distances among all cars, no fatigue for most people either. You need to be very experienced on track to want better, I guess. And those opt for things like carbon-ceramic brakes and in this regard one piston calipers in the rear as oem are irrelevant. Both bean counters and most of customers are happy so that's why they stick to it. You can upgrade to GT350R brakes like someone here already did.

Sure it would be nice if the rear calipers were painted Brembos, but functionally it doesn't matter much.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Probably because the brakes work fine for 99.9% of people. Mach 1 has one of the shortest braking distances among all cars, no fatigue for most people either. You need to be very experienced on track to want better, I guess. And those opt for things like carbon-ceramic brakes and in this regard one piston calipers in the rear as oem are irrelevant. Both bean counters and most of customers are happy so that's why they stick to it. You can upgrade to GT350R brakes like someone here already did.

Sure it would be nice if the rear calipers were painted Brembos, but functionally it doesn't matter much.
Its a looks thing more than performance. Thank you for responding

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
True. At least you can get them painted red from factory. Export cars were again denied such option... But in the end I don't mind, dark gray brakes go well with the rest of magnetic colour look of the car :)

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Its a looks thing more than performance. Thank you for responding
It would look way better you’re right. At some point if I feel like flushing away some cash I’ll do a gt350 brake swap. Mainly for the cool look, as the oem Mach 1 brakes are very good
Sponsored