Mach 1 oil grade

Stryker Macv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stryker
Vehicle(s)
bmw M2 soon mach 1
Hi all I picked up my mach a couple of days ago while I was there I went to the parts shop to get a litre of oil and some coolant, anyway I was given 5w-20 ? I looked on oil cap on engine it says 5w-30 now I am sure I heard on here fords changed to 5w-30 a while back didn't they ? if you look in hand book it says 0w-30 ? can you guys put me straight it is 5w-30 isn't it.
Sponsored

Sponsored

kindy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1 JFG
yes 5w 30 for mach 1
Which brand did you use? Because Euro spec cars have GPFs installed and they require oil that meets C2 spec (low sulphur)

Right now it’s seams only Miller oils have one type of 5w-30 that meets this requirement. Castrol A5 doesn’t meet the C2 grade.

After speaking to Ford UK on the phone and confirming the new Mach 1s switched to 5W-30 to help prevent (engine ticking) they also confirmed A5 doesn’t meet the spec required in this engine and would in fact void warranty.

Personally I think Castrol 5W-30 A5 is most likely better than Ford spec but above is what I’ve been told by the manufacturer. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The great oil debate moves forward ......... but never on .

Reading ......... using Castrol 5w-30 as an example . Found there is Zero difference. 5w-30 & 5w-30 A5.

Both have the same blend. A5 must stand for gold container, or the queen's making an extra tax dime?

Sponsored

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
Which brand did you use? Because Euro spec cars have GPFs installed and they require oil that meets C2 spec (low sulphur)

Right now it’s seams only Miller oils have one type of 5w-30 that meets this requirement. Castrol A5 doesn’t meet the C2 grade.

After speaking to Ford UK on the phone and confirming the new Mach 1s switched to 5W-30 to help prevent (engine ticking) they also confirmed A5 doesn’t meet the spec required in this engine and would in fact void warranty.

Personally I think Castrol 5W-30 A5 is most likely better than Ford spec but above is what I’ve been told by the manufacturer. 🤷🏻‍♂️
My Ford dealer uses Shell Helix Ultra 5w 30 Fully Synthetic, hopefully that hits the mark!

kindy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1 JFG
My Ford dealer uses Shell Helix Ultra 5w 30 Fully Synthetic, hopefully that hits the mark!
That’s C3 grade but the difference between C2/C3 is really sod all.

Guessing your engine is running happy anyway and no ”Tick”