OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the autocrosses I've been to you get about 8 minutes of fast driving all day. Track events can be a few hours worth of driving. Huge difference.

I would change oil before and after. I'd probably do trans and rear diff fluid after as well.

And if it were me going to a track event I would swap out the brake fluid before doing it. RBF 600. But if you are going to take it easy and not drive the car hard, you will be putting a lot less stress on the car than I do when I'm on track.
I honestly don't think this is a day at the track like what you guys are thinking. Beginner, no passing and in line behind an instructor. No track insurance needed.
I know what kind of track days you guys are talking about and this isn't that.
Hopefully I'll get that at the track attack later this year with Ford Perfomance's cars
Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Minor correction, oil cap and manual state 5W30.
Ah, got you on the Mach 1. Was referencing the standard 2018+ Coyote. As long as he can find some 30 weight AND some freaking lights that will fit in those faux grill blanks, he'll be straight lol!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I honestly don't think this is a day at the track like what you guys are thinking. Beginner, no passing and in line behind an instructor. No track insurance needed.
Hopefully I'll get that at the track attack later this year with Ford Perfomance's cars
Sounds like it won't be too hard on your car. I tend to be conservative and change fluids early. I figure it's cheap insurance. They do the lead/follow at the track attack too, but you get a brief amount of time without an instructor towards the end of the day. At least that's how it was in 2016 when I attended.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like it won't be too hard on your car. I tend to be conservative and change fluids early. I figure it's cheap insurance. They do the lead/follow at the track attack too, but you get a brief amount of time without an instructor towards the end of the day. At least that's how it was in 2016 when I attended.
I hope so! I’ve heard nothing but great things about this track attack thing that just plopped in my lap last week.. so cool Ford extended it to the Mach 1

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
What I'm puzzled by is your description of the event being at night. Any chance you can post a link to the event?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Practice for the 24-hours at Le Mans ! LOL

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I was just going to use what they provide this time.
Looking at possibly buying Bell Sport Mag open face SA2020 but they are hard to find in large
Sponsored