Liquid Moly Ceratec

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I'd start with one bottle. You can always add a second.
Thats what I did. 1 bottle on my first oil change. So far so good, I'm about 4000 miles in so far. Will dose with 1 bottle again next time. No need to over use if not needed. I always have an extra bottle if I need to add a second.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I have had success with only 1/3rd of one bottle on a fresh oil service.

JMS78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
hi, I asked the same question below but just hedging my bets 😁 did you use 1 or 2 of the 300ml packs? It says 1 will treat up to 5Ltr so I guess we need 2 but just checking
Just one bottle. Some have said using half a bottle works as well. I haven't experimented with the dosage- I just pour it in...HA!
Good luck.

Sponsored

Yetti2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just one bottle. Some have said using half a bottle works as well. I haven't experimented with the dosage- I just pour it in...HA!
Good luck.
Thanks… that sounds about my level of precision 😂

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I use Archoil 9100 instead of ceratech. Archoil does not discolor the oil, better boron content too I believe.
- do you have bbq tick?
- did archoil fix it?

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
- do you have bbq tick?
- did archoil fix it?
I'll try to keep a long story short, yes I had the tick. '21 base gt 6spd bought new in march of '22. First oil change at the dealer, 3K miles. I come out to the car while the tech is walking away and I can here the tick. Immediately I asked the tech, "do you here that?" He says, "yep, it's normal dont worry about it." I had already read all about the tick here. 2 weeks later I took the car to an SCCA track night, 3 x 20min sessions. I ran the piss out of it, didn't hold anything back, 7k+ shifts, 138mph on the back strait, cooked the stock brakes, got shift lock out 2-3 & 3-4, oil temps in the yellow on the third session. Tick was gone after the first track night, has never come back. Someone called it "the Italian tune up". I use achoil in all my cars ever since I saw Leno use it about 9yrs ago on his stuff. Once I saw ceratech is basically a boron additive, check. And it doesn't discolor the oil.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I'll try to keep a long story short, yes I had the tick. '21 base gt 6spd bought new in march of '22. First oil change at the dealer, 3K miles. I come out to the car while the tech is walking away and I can here the tick. Immediately I asked the tech, "do you here that?" He says, "yep, it's normal dont worry about it." I had already read all about the tick here. 2 weeks later I took the car to an SCCA track night, 3 x 20min sessions. I ran the piss out of it, didn't hold anything back, 7k+ shifts, 138mph on the back strait, cooked the stock brakes, got shift lock out 2-3 & 3-4, oil temps in the yellow on the third session. Tick was gone after the first track night, has never come back. Someone called it "the Italian tune up". I use achoil in all my cars ever since I saw Leno use it about 9yrs ago on his stuff. Once I saw ceratech is basically a boron additive, check. And it doesn't discolor the oil.
yeah... so far ceratec is the only thing that's addressing the tick for like 95%+ people here. that's why I was curious about archoil or something else that has less weird looks :)

But your "italian tune up" experience is interesting. I have to try something like that one day. My car saw an autoX or two and a car control hpde, but I guess that was not enough. I guess for tune up like that protective additives are not desirable as the thing is supposed to help break things in in some way.

Back in time I was asking here on bbq tick owners driving styles and most were babying their stangs. Who knows. Maybe some high rpms and engine loads help to settle things in a beter ways.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
yeah... so far ceratec is the only thing that's addressing the tick for like 95%+ people here.
The best explanation I've read so far is that the longest oil path to the lifters is cyl #3. At low (idle) rpm with oil at operating temp, oil pressure barely maintains 10-12 psi. By the time oil gets to the lifters pressure drops even more. Not enough to keep the lifter(s) pumped up on #3. I have no way to validate this hypothesis. I have had cars with lifter noise before, mostly chevy's, this tick sounds like a lifer to me, who knows.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
i guess wear protection and bbq tick elimination are two different things. so far the ceratec is the only known item against the tick.
Is it too much to ask to have both?

Dapepper9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
I think I will try MotorKote next season. Looks like it offers better wear protection than Ceratec.

Project Farm Ceratec Test

Project Farm MotorKote Test
I would recommend against MotorKote. It uses chlorinated compounds which form really harsh acids when they come in contact with combustion by-products and every engine has those. That's why it performed the way it did in those "tests". Initial metal-on-metal wear on a low run might be marginally better but those acids are hard on the soft metals of bearings and things like valve seals.
Sponsored