Sponsored

Line Lock Enabled On Non-GT!!

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
What's the differance between them..
ELM327 is wireless. The one in the link is a cable, which allows for faster more reliable transfer and speed.

chris32536

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 mustang, 2005 fx4
ELM327 is wireless. The one in the link is a cable, which allows for faster more reliable transfer and speed.

I have used it to on my mustang and my fx4...I tried to research it but cant find out what the difference is..no big deal I ordered a els27...
elm.jpg

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I have used it to on my mustang and my fx4...I tried to research it but cant find out what the difference is..no big deal I ordered a els27...
elm.jpg
not sure why i just now got this notification. But, that one looks like it has a HS/MS can switch... if that is what it is, that one should work.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Can now confirm for more V6 guys that @Partizan and @Bull Run's guide works. Thanks for putting this out there for everyone!

For anyone else wondering about which OBD tools work, I used this one for $26.

edit » and proof of course:

Sponsored

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
TLDR;
Find a safe place to test your abs functionality, and do so. Observe how it reacts, and if it does so as expected, or otherwise.

There are 3 levels of front brakes on the S550 mustangs:
Small: EcoBoost / V6
Medium: EcoBoost w/ Performance Pack / GT
Large: GT w/ Performance Pack

EcoBoost's, V6's, and GT's all have different weights, and weight distribution.

I would think the ABS module uses the Strategy to know at least what size front brakes are being used, and possibly the weight/balance.

I theorize that if you tell your ABS module it is connected to a non-performance pack GT (meduim front brakes), while in fact it is connected to a non-performance pack EcoBoost or V6 (small front brakes), the ABS module may not apply as much force to the front brakes of your car as they are capable of handling, and you may not slow down as quickly. This may be incorrect, because the ABS system isn't supposed to engage UNTIL it detects a locked-up (or significantly slower) wheel.

I'd like to think since I have the same brakes as a normal GT, this is why my brakes felt the same while autocrossing.

Also keep in mind, we do not know if the files that we are flashing are from a normal GT (medium front brakes), or a performance pack GT (large front brakes).
Good to know, since I upgraded my V6 front brakes to PP Eco/Normal GT 4 pistons (medium). :)

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Gotta question for you....
So I have 2017 V6 and my AS BUILT data is:

760 02-01: 1112 1111 00AF
760-02-02: 0200 016E

Is the Ecoboost AS Built Data okay to use in my case?

760 02-01: 2113 3111 00E0
760-02-02: 0200 79E6

Or should I just put in my AS BUILT?

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP in Deep Impact Blue
So I have 2017 V6 and my AS BUILT data is:

760 02-01: 1112 1111 00AF
760-02-02: 0200 016E

Is the Ecoboost AS Built Data okay to use in my case?

760 02-01: 2113 3111 00E0
760-02-02: 0200 79E6

Or should I just put in my AS BUILT?
Technically speaking, the "Ecoboost" AS Built data you linked, is really "GT" AS built, which is what we are aiming for. Since your 760-02-01 suggests your car has normal cruise control (not adaptive), that code you quoted should be what you need.

Sponsored

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Technically speaking, the "Ecoboost" AS Built data you linked, is really "GT" AS built, which is what we are aiming for. Since your 760-02-01 suggests your car has normal cruise control (not adaptive), that code you quoted should be what you need.
okay cool.... thought so, as i have GT 4 pistons now too, if that GT As Built does help that. :)

Got everything loaded. Gonna try the line lock later today.

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Another quick question to confirm. Will Line lock be greyed out until requirements are met to use, or did I do something wrong? When I turn the car on and go to Track Apps, its still grey. I cant test drive it til later. Just wanna get everything right before heading out.

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP in Deep Impact Blue
Another quick question to confirm. Will Line lock be greyed out until requirements are met to use, or did I do something wrong? When I turn the car on and go to Track Apps, its still grey. I cant test drive it til later. Just wanna get everything right before heading out.
I've heard people say it will be grayed out when the engine is still cold, or if you aren't on level ground. Have you done the abs lateral acceleration calibration once the firmware update finished? Not sure if that is required or not.

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I've heard people say it will be grayed out when the engine is still cold, or if you aren't on level ground. Have you done the abs lateral acceleration calibration once the firmware update finished? Not sure if that is required or not.
OKay... and I'll do the calibration before testing, to be safe.

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
GOT IT!!
Sponsored