Sponsored

Line Lock Enabled On Non-GT!!

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
all you need is beta. beta lets you change modules.

nothing to do with safety. it is from people using crap dongles and not knowing what they are doing and losing connection and bricking. I did this like 5x with no issue, I went to beta and refreshed back to stock.
Ah. That makes sense... I made sure to get the real deal cable and always use a car charger... I wasn't about to deal with a bricked car.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
15 Roush Mustang, 17 F-Pace, 00 Firebird, 99 Rado
After reading this thread i have some conflicting opinions Iā€™m think itā€™s probably easy but itā€™s user error when it donā€™t work. I have a 15 Roush stage 1 Ecoboost with performance pack. Iā€™d like to add line lock and launch control for the drag strip.

Personally I am not a fan of the Cobb launch contol.

I am pretty Handy with FORScan can it be done software only. I am confident I can code it correctly. Can anyone whoā€™s successfullydone it chime in with a little less convoluted information?

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
After reading this thread i have some conflicting opinions Iā€™m think itā€™s probably easy but itā€™s user error when it donā€™t work. I have a 15 Roush stage 1 Ecoboost with performance pack. Iā€™d like to add line lock and launch control for the drag strip.

Personally I am not a fan of the Cobb launch contol.

I am pretty Handy with FORScan can it be done software only. I am confident I can code it correctly. Can anyone whoā€™s successfullydone it chime in with a little less convoluted information?
I did it via software only, when there was a FORScan version that allowed changing the ABS Module firmware. I replaced it with GT firmware.

Shortly after I did it, they took that version down, due to peeps bricking their cars.

Not sure if the more current versions can do it. I do know swapping in a whole GT ABS Module would work.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
First of all MERRY XMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So I finally got some time to work on my car and enable the line lock!

The hard way

Things you'll need
  1. GT ABS module - got mine from eBay for $50 shipped (Make sure you get the module + hydraulic pump as both need to be replaced)
  2. Forscan or IDS

The procedure

1. Replace the complete ABS module and start the bleeding procedure
  2. Use Forscan to get the ABS module programmed as follows:
    • The ABS module has the whole VIN stored in the blocks from 01-01 till 01-04 , so you'll need to use an ASCII to HEX converter http://www.asciitohex.com/ -
      Let's take this VIN for instance: 1FA6P8CFXH5346081 (Don't forget that the last 2 bits of each block are checksum)

3. Using Forscan services procedure, perform ABS calibrate lateral acceleration sensor
  4. Get the IPC programmed to get the Line Lock option to show up (I can't remember the change I made tbh)
  5. BURN THEM TYRES!

Here are the videos:

[ame]

[ame]

The easy way (Software way)

This was tested and successfully done on an EB!

You will need to buy a UCDS tool in order to do this (I'm not related to this website in any way): https://www.ucdsys.ru/?page_id=93&lang=en

After getting this tool and downloading their application,now you will need to flash the ABS module as the following:

1. Run the UCDS app

2. Select VBF File Loader

3. Add the attached files as per the pic (Make sure you add them in order!)
  1. DG9C-2D052-AA
  2. FR3C-2D053-CE
  3. FR3C-14C602-CEC
o2BHPRn.png

4. Tick "Enable sleep all modules mode"

5. Click Start Programming and wait for the process to be completed.

6. After the flashing procedure is done, now you need to use Forscan (You can still use the UCDS but I prefered the Forscan as I had the calibration done already) - Program the ABS as-built data as the below:

760 02-01: 2113 3111 00E0
760 02-02: 0200 79E6
760 03-01: 55C0

7. You need to program the ABS to recognize your VIN as explained in before:

The ABS module has the whole VIN stored in the blocks from 01-01 till 01-04 , so you'll need to use an ASCII to HEX converter http://www.asciitohex.com/ -
Let's take this VIN for instance: 1FA6P8CFXH5346081 (Don't forget that the last 2 bits of each block are checksum)

An alternative would be to load your stock ABS as built and write only the values of the block #1 (from 01-01 to 01-04) to the module

8. Enjoy ;)

P.S. AS STATED, THIS WAS DONE SUCCESSFULLY ON AN ECOBOOST AND IT'S WORKING PERFECTLY!
How, in the name of all that's Holy, did you figure this out?!?!!?
WOW!

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
How, in the name of all that's Holy, did you figure this out?!?!!?
WOW!
Itā€™s easy really, when you think about it and if you know FORScan. Just plug in to a Ford Mustang GT and look at the differences in the AS BUILT DATA.

Iā€™m sure it was trial and error I. The beginning. But yeah, most of the things the GT has sits dormant in all the other models.

I have a ProCharged V6 and I enabled the following:

-The boost gauge
-Line lock
-All the drive modes (after installing Sync3 upgrade)
-I also enabled the full range and volume of the stereo

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s easy really, when you think about it and if you know FORScan. Just plug in to a Ford Mustang GT and look at the differences in the AS BUILT DATA.

Iā€™m sure it was trial and error I. The beginning. But yeah, most of the things the GT has sits dormant in all the other models.

-The boost gauge
-Line lock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
^^^
How did you manage this? can you share some pointers?

Iā€™ve disabled the active noise canceling flattened the eq and turned on low level input done some Mods to the IPC such as gauges and such and lighting mods Iā€™m ready to tackle launch control and line lock just needs some clear and concise instructions

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid

-The boost gauge
-Line lock
Very impressive! I've changed a few minor things too, but nothing nearly as involved as this. Amazing!

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
^^^

Iā€™ve disabled the active noise canceling flattened the eq and turned on low level input done some Mods to the IPC such as gauges and such and lighting mods Iā€™m ready to tackle launch control and line lock just needs some clear and concise instructions
Truthfully, itā€™s been so long since I did it. I just followed this the How-To. I actually made a PDF for myFacebook page to share it with members. Try this.

I am not taking credit for this. I just created the pdf to share. The ABS firmware files are uploaded to the thread. *Attempt this at you own risk.*

Attachments

Last edited:

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
^^^

Also, see post #111, itā€™s where I got it from. The firmware files look like they are still be attached, at the end of the post.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/line-lock-enabled-on-non-gt.96154/page-8#post-2585239

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I had it for 2 years on my ecoboost. No issues other than when I had to install ford performance it gave me errors due to things not matching up.

ford flashed the modules back to stock for 100 bucks. Easy fix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6